Village called ‘F**king’ changes name after tourists keep having sex by its sign

zaangalewa

Gold Member
Reaction score

Rather sad really. How literal must you be to need a shag by a road sign.
As far as I heard the final trigger to change the name was a Denish internet influencer, who did not react on anything what the people said to him and who did not like to stop his absurde theatre. The name has nothing to do with the English expression "to fuck".

I had suggested to them to write the new name in the version "Vuccking" - how it is written in the name "Adalbert von Vucckingen", who had lived there about 1000 years ago. The name Fucking is known since 1070 - perhaps Adalbert was the founder of this village - but the ending "-ing" shows that the name is perhaps much older and the Celts had perhaps founded once this little village.

Now the name is "Fugging" - what's also a nice version - and more easy to write. The "u" in Fucking (and in Fugging) was (and is) by the way always spoken like the "oo" in school-ing.

Last edited:

zaangalewa

Gold Member
Reaction score
Fornicate Under Consent of King
Actually, that's a myth.

The word probably comes from the old German "Fokken", a verb meaning to breed animals.

What? ... for sure not ... I never heard this word - it remembers me to "Fockmast" (foremast). The word which you use seems to be "platt" (flat), what means it is near to the sea in the North in Germany or the Netherlands - and not near to the mountains in the South. More easy to say: "Fuck-ing" spoken "Fook-ing" is not a North-German expression - it is a Bavarian/Austrian expression. No idea what it really means, although I am a member of this family of languages. The English word "fuck" dominates everything in this context.

I saw now the dutch word "focken" is indeed related to the English word "to fuck" and the German word "ficken". Is anyone from the Netherlands in the near?

Last edited:

zaangalewa

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's fucking hilarious.
Not if you live in that village.
What do you expect if your town is named Fucking?
It never was named Fucking - it was named Fucking (=Fook-ing). Unfortunatelly the average IQ sinks, so less and less people are able to see such a difference any longer.

In former times people made some jokes about such a similarity - but today strange idiots really drive to "Vuccking", "Fucking" or "Fugging" and bother people there.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: xyz

fncceo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something ... wouldn't it be simpler to just take the sign down than to change the name of the town?

Just think of all the stationary they have to reorder.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List