The ClayTaurus said:
Except that no one said that you were.

(shrug).

except you and Jon - yup. Nobody else.

darinshrug.gif

semantics my dear friend.

misterblu said:
Blah...blah...blah...

Less talking and thinking about taking photos. Go take some photos. Try something new. That's how you get better.

:p:

explicit

The ClayTaurus said:
That too...

over-analyzation does more harm then no analyzation.

The ClayTaurus said:
Man, I didn't see your name anywhere in my post. Stupid invisible font!

I'll go slow for you:

Jon said "(stop) looking to hard at the pics and go TAKE some!"

You wrote:

"Yes (I agree, stop doing that darin, because) over-analyzation does more harm then no analyzation."

Then I wrote

"But I'm NOT over-analyzing pics..."

Get it?

:)

;)

dmp said:
I'll go slow for you:

You wrote:

"Yes (I agree, stop doing that darin, because) over-analyzation does more harm then no analyzation."

Then I wrote

Get it?

;)
Now I'll go slow for you.

I wrote:

"Yes, over-analyzation does more harm then no analyzation."

Then you wrote

If I was referring to you, I would have said "Darin, you're over-analyzing" instead of "I've actually wondered the same thing myself,"

Get it?

I can try and go even slower, if it helps you understand.

The ClayTaurus said:
Now I'll go slow for you.

I wrote:

"Yes, over-analyzation does more harm then no analyzation."

Then you wrote

If I was referring to you, I would have said "Darin, you're over-analyzing" instead of "I've actually wondered the same thing myself,"

Get it?

I can try and go even slower, if it helps you understand.

Dude - you are really wrong here or having trouble with word meaning and conversation-flow.

When Jon said I'm 'talking and thinking about taking photos.' Thus I should 'Go take some photos.' your reply with 'That too' CLEARLY shows you 'agree' - and you label my Talking and Thinking as 'over-analyzing'. You are so desperate to be right. lol.

dmp said:
Dude - you are really wrong here or having trouble with word meaning and conversation-flow.

When Jon said I'm 'talking and thinking about taking photos.' Thus I should 'Go take some photos.' your reply with 'That too' CLEARLY shows you 'agree' - and you label my Talking and Thinking as 'over-analyzing'. You are so desperate to be right. lol.
My only agreement with Jon was that over-analyzation can be a bad thing. You extrapolated that that meant I thought you were over-analyzing.

Which is fine. Good for you. Extrapolate whatever you want.

The point is, after I told you I wasn't saying you were over-analyzing, you refused to accept it, and continue to badger the point. I don't know if you're over-analyzing or not. I have 4-5 posts in one thread to go off of - hardly enough to analyze (or over-analyze) whether or not you're over-analyzing.

We can keep going back and forth, if you wish, you telling me what you think I meant, and I telling you what I actually meant, and then you not believing me, and then me trying to explain there's no reason for me to lie about it, and then you still refusing to accept that I wasn't trying to infer you were over-analyzing, etc. etc. etc.

I'll tell you what you are over-analyzing, though: what I meant by my post saying over-analyzation is a bad thing. Just let it go. I'm so desperate to be right, so just let me be. Unless you're just as desperate?

Now shut up and go take some photos :laugh:

dmp said:
wow.

You're dancin...
Only because you refuse to let me sit down. :dance:

It's ok, I won't hold it against you for not knowing what I'm thinking in my own head. I don't expect you to be a mind reader :D

I think I'm done w/ photography. The more I look at galleries the more I see there's very little chance I'll ever be able to take REALLY GOOD photos. My equipment BLOWS for what I want to do with it; I'm just a bit burned out.

dmp said:
I think I'm done w/ photography. The more I look at galleries the more I see there's very little chance I'll ever be able to take REALLY GOOD photos. My equipment BLOWS for what I want to do with it; I'm just a bit burned out.
Can I have your camera then? :poke:

dmp said:

Being REALLY GOOD at something takes EFFORT. You can still take great pictures with your S2, I've seen you take great pictures with lesser cameras. It just takes more work, both in shooting, and in post processing.

Did you decide to not get a DSLR?

A DSLR is so way beyond not-gonna-happen-for-quite-awhile. It's not a matter of deciding - it's a matter of not having the ability. :-/

dmp said:
A DSLR is so way beyond not-gonna-happen-for-quite-awhile. It's not a matter of deciding - it's a matter of not having the ability. :-/

I think you missed my point. If you're going to get a DSLR in the future, then why not continue honing your skills with the camera you have?

If that doesn't work, there's always VISA. :D

Seriously though. When you do buy the DSLR, just get the body and kit lens. Use the lenses you have from your film SLR and borrow mine when we're out shooting pictures together. Start small.

misterblu said:
I think you missed my point. If you're going to get a DSLR in the future, then why not continue honing your skills with the camera you have?

If that doesn't work, there's always VISA. :D

Seriously though. When you do buy the DSLR, just get the body and kit lens. Use the lenses you have from your film SLR and borrow mine when we're out shooting pictures together. Start small.

My skills are fine; I'm too frustrated with poor results because, especially in this nice weather, I can't very easily tell what exactly I'm shooting. Is it in focus? THat's the biggest thing - coming back from shooting 50 shots to find 2 are in focus is VERY frustrating. I need a REAL viewfinder.

If I want to drive a Corvette in a race, I need to practice driving a corvette. :)

dmp said:
My skills are fine; I'm too frustrated with poor results because, especially in this nice weather, I can't very easily tell what exactly I'm shooting. Is it in focus? THat's the biggest thing - coming back from shooting 50 shots to find 2 are in focus is VERY frustrating. I need a REAL viewfinder.

If I want to drive a Corvette in a race, I need to practice driving a corvette. :)

OK. Quit then. That makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Perhaps looking for a solution would be a better choice?

Here's an idea:

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/hoods.asp

See? Now you'll be able to take mad tite picktchaz yo! :thup:

Forum List

Back