Vice President Kamala Harris makes history with tiebreaking votes in Senate

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well....it is a record that sharply defines how divided American politics is right now. It is telling that the previous record holder, John C. Calhoun, acted in the interests of the slave-owners of the South, and helped to perpetuate slavery in the U.S.. That a Black woman overtook him is some compelling symbology...IMO.

Kamala Harris, who made history as the first woman or person of color to serve as vice president, made history again Wednesday as she matched the record for most tiebreaking votes in the U.S. Senate.
The vote, her 31st, advanced the nomination of Kalpana Kotagal to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The only other vice president to cast so many was John C. Calhoun, who served as vice president from 1825 to 1832.
“It is a moment and I think that there’s still so much left that we have yet to do,” Harris told reporters afterwards.
“My mother gave me great advice, which is that I may be the first to do many things," she added. "I’m going to make sure I’m not the last.”
Unlike Calhoun, who spent eight years accumulating his total, Harris tied the record in two and a half years. It's a reflection of her unique circumstances, with a narrowly divided Senate and a sharply partisan atmosphere.

“It really says more about our time, and our political climate, than it does about anything else," said Joel K. Goldstein, a vice presidential historian. “Our politics is so polarized that, even on the sort of matters that in the past would have flown through, it takes the vice president to cast a tiebreaking vote.”

“It really says more about our time, and our political climate, than it does about anything else," said Joel K. Goldstein, a vice presidential historian. “Our politics is so polarized that, even on the sort of matters that in the past would have flown through, it takes the vice president to cast a tiebreaking vote.”
It says that Republicans engage in baseless, unwarranted opposition to appointees for purely partisan reasons.

Tiebreaking votes, blow jobs and word salad. Her legacy. Nice.
No shit, the leftists are trying desperately to build her up but failing miserably.....Nobody likes her.

The Independents that voted for Tater want her gone and never before has a VP figured so prominently this early in a POTUS race.

Usually the VP is just a mere afterthought but given Tater is not suspected to make it through a 2nd term they want someone else.

A loud wake-up call to the racists that they're going to have to up the game. This together with the blacks starting to mobilize, is sign of a need for great change.

And an indication of violent resistance by the American south.
Now the hate for Kamala has a basis in reality, that's much more real than the sexual innuendoes.

A loud wake-up call to the racists that they're going to have to up the game. This together with the blacks starting to mobilize, is sign of a need for great change.

Now the hate for Kamala has a basis in reality, that's much more real than the sexual innuendoes.
It is worth reflecting on the fact...that in the build-up to our Civil War--it was when the South recognized that with the 1860 election their political leverage had disappeared, and that the likelihood of slavery being made illegal was almost certain, that they abandoned US politics..and prepared for secession and war~

So now we are getting a piece of dumbass shit as an "Equal Rights Commissioner", whatever the hell that is.

Typical Democrat woke stupidity.

Why in the hell should the American people be taxed to provide funding for a stupid useless woke agency like that? Especially knowing we are $32 trillion in debt? That is dumb as hell, isn't it?

The whore made another big blunder.

Having that filthy ass bitch be President of the Senate and casting the wrong vote is the destructive price we pay for allowing the Democrats to steal several Senate seats in 2022.

The only one who has brought skin color into the conversation here is you, fuckchop.

The only one who has brought skin color into the conversation here is you, fuckchop.
True to the pattern in America, due to the Klan never associating itself with directly pronouncing their mission but always leaving some room for denial.

I just prefer to get right to the point. Are you Klan?

Ever think we'd say a day when the leader of the free world has dementia and is a puppet on strings, and his side-kick has pseudobulbar affect and casts a record of tie-breaking votes?

The left calls this progress.

Forum List

Back