Vermont just replaced its only only nuclear reactor with fossil fuels obtained from fracking

Pogo:

"Pollock" is a kind of fish.

It doesn't mean "made in Poland".

Henry:

Fish isn't "made". It's "fished".

And that's all the thanks I get for humoring your liberal delusion! After all, all you left wing true believers know in your (or what passes for your) souls that meats are made from organically grown veggies in the back room of the supermarket and that the ever-so-healthy veggies are personally shit by Your Chocolate Messiah and Ms. Messiah!

Pogo:

"Pollock" is a kind of fish.

It doesn't mean "made in Poland".

Henry:

Fish isn't "made". It's "fished".

And that's all the thanks I get for humoring your liberal delusion! After all, all you left wing true believers know in your (or what passes for your) souls that meats are made from organically grown veggies in the back room of the supermarket and that the ever-so-healthy veggies are personally shit by Your Chocolate Messiah and Ms. Messiah!

So many fallacies... so little bandwidth....

Onely, fish isn't 'meat'...
Twoly, liberal is not 'left wing'
Threely, neither meats nor fish are "made" in the supermarket;
Fourly, the simple past tense of shit is shat;
Fively, I don't have a "Messiah"; I take care of myself -- and if I did it wouldn't be flavored;
Sixly, I really don't care for chocolate anyway, so whatever that hangup is, be my jest.

But I do like fish. Long as it's not chocolate.

--- yeah until you get to the waste left behind.

Oopsie.

Even after that. Liberal paranoia doesn't mean nuclear waste is actually an insoluble problem. Liberals simply don't want it to be solved.
shoot it into outer space....

LOL..That was my first thought.
Any reason this wouldnt work other than the expense?
Obviously you wouldnt want to put it in orbit,but why not a one way trip to the sun?
Of course we'd have to make sure and send it in the daytime...:biggrin:
Built a special rocket base in Texas....shoot the stuff off to the sun from there. And...if a rocket misfires, no big loss.

Oopsie.

Even after that. Liberal paranoia doesn't mean nuclear waste is actually an insoluble problem. Liberals simply don't want it to be solved.

Obviously you wouldnt want to put it in orbit,but why not a one way trip to the sun?
Built a special rocket base in Texas....shoot the stuff off to the sun from there. And...if a rocket misfires, no big loss.

If that's your theory, then we should put in Washington DC.

Oopsie.

:thup:

Onliest problem is -- even if you could do that and get rid of it all... you'd have to keep doing it as long as you keep making it.
That's our first clue that Nukyular Power did not emanate from the Department of Thinking Things Through.

Vermont has never been a 'conventional' state, ever. I miss that.

Vermont -- where highway billboards are illegal.

Fively, I don't have a "Messiah"; I take care of myself -- and if I did it wouldn't be flavored;
Sixly, I really don't care for chocolate anyway, so whatever that hangup is, be my jest.

So sad to see your loss of faith!

Please don't turn to alcohol for solace.

Chernobyl didn't blow up. It caught on fire because the core was made of graphite, a highly combustible substance. American reactors cannot catch on fire. They're made of stainless steel and concrete.
Graphite-moderated reactor - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

US has plenty of graphite reactors you dumb shit bag.

SUCK ON A NUTTY PIECE OF SHIT, full of undigested corn you nasty mother fucker of ignorance.

Really? Aside from the experimental reactor at Oakridge, can you name one?

I know it sucks being wrong all the time, but that's no reason for being so nasty.
Most all of them which rely upon prismatic graphite moderators.

You know NOTHING.

The basic technology for inert gas-cooled HTGR design is well established from the early graphite piles of the 1940s to the fully commercial reactor designs operating in the 1980s. These past designs represent the two primary core configurations commercially favored for gas reactors; the solid-block prismatic or the pebble-bed graphite core. While the USA has focused on a prismatic design,

Name a U.S. Reactor that uses this technology.

Almost every Nuclear Reactor on Earth uses Graphite moderators.

Synthetic Graphite Powder Nuclear Grade from READE

Are you really this stupid?

I gave several sources that just stated the US uses prismatic Graphite moderators in their reactors.

The moderator I have seen in every reactor to which I have worked is water. I have worked at six different designs of reactors and four were commercial, none use graphite as a moderator. Not to say that some reactors do use graphite but just not commercial.

So sad to see your loss of faith!

Please don't turn to alcohol for solace.

No such loss. I've always favoured strong verbs and I have supreme confidence therein.
Oh and sevenly I've never cared for alcohol. Not even if it's not chocolate.

Forum List

Back