Verizon is privately owned, can they cut your service for "hate speech"

Verizon is a privately owned company , can they cut your service for "hate speech"

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Yes, I am a Communist Progressive Jihad American Taliban and can't wait to take back the White House

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Here's a thought provoking question for both Americans and American Taliban who post at USMB, Verizon is a privately owned company, can they cut your service for "hate speech"?
If the the advertisers rebel they certainly can and will. That's what happened at Facebook. Advertisers didn't want their ads running on white nationalist or conspiracy theory pages. The people who pay the bills make the rules. That's the bottom line in capitalism. I'm surprised that comes as a revelation to many on the right.

Here's a thought provoking question for both Americans and American Taliban who post at USMB, Verizon is a privately owned company, can they cut your service for "hate speech"?
If the the advertisers rebel they certainly can and will. That's what happened at Facebook. Advertisers didn't want their ads running on white nationalist or conspiracy theory pages. The people who pay the bills make the rules. That's the bottom line in capitalism. I'm surprised that comes as a revelation to many on the right.
So Verizon can shut your phone off for being a Nazi? Is that what you're saying

No, I said the advertisers will rebel, if they think hate speech is effecting their bottom line.

No, I said the advertisers will rebel, if they think hate speech is effecting their bottom line.
Do you own a phone? Have you heard of Verizon?

Isn't that one of those 20th century technologies that everyone's dumping and only ones that care are those with a political axe to grind?

Isn't that one of those 20th century technologies that everyone's dumping and only ones that care are those with a political axe to grind?
Verizon handles landlines, cellphone and Internet.

Do you think they can shut off any of that for "hate speech" if their advertisers decide to take action?

I wanted to highlight the difference between a platform, like Verizon, and Facebook and a content provider like Walt Disney Studios.

The platform provider is not responsible for my content, they are the modern Town Square. They signed the Communications Act that barred them from being fined for content.

Forum List

Back