Venmo reparations? Satire merges with reality as white Americans offload their guilt by paying Juneteenth ‘tips’

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Why are white people sending unsolicited donations to their black friends - or forking it over to total strangers? The phenomenon may have begun as satire, but like so many jokes in 2020, “mini-reparations” have become reality.

With race relations in the US front and center ever since last month’s police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, some people are taking the matter of reparations for slavery into their own hands. Guilty white people sending unsolicited cash donations to their black acquaintances – or eagerly responding to calls for cash from random social media accounts purporting to be needy black folks – has become so common that “Venmo” (an online money transfer service) was trending on Twitter on Thursday and Friday, converging with the Juneteenth holiday that commemorates the end of slavery.

Not everyone felt compunction about taking guilty white liberals’ money, however. Numerous social media users started threads inviting black people to leave their CashApp and Venmo tags to make things easier for white users to unload their privileged pennies all at one go.

(Excerpt) Read more at rt.com ...

I just went down to the train station and opened my lap top case, seated with a large sign: “Support Juneteenth “

I made 20 thousand dollars in 9 hours.

And I am not even black! ( sarc,)

I have no problems giving a little money here and there for people that have suffered through some sort of calamity and are in need of help.

If I knew a black that used to be a slave, I might be inclined to give them a little something. Problem is, THERE ARE NO BLACKS ALIVE THAT WERE EVER A SLAVE, and I'm not dishing out any of my money because of some LEFTIST GUILT TRIP. America has bent over backwards ENOUGH for blacks. It's time for them to quit the fuckin' CRYING and CLEAN UP THEIR ACT, same way every other race has. Why are blacks the ONLY RACE ON THE PLANET that needs CONSTANT ASS KISSING? Are they that STUPID... LAZY... INCOMPETENT? I've never seen a more CRY BABY race in my life.

I have no problems giving a little money here and there for people that have suffered through some sort of calamity and are in need of help.

If I knew a black that used to be a slave, I might be inclined to give them a little something. Problem is, THERE ARE NO BLACKS ALIVE THAT WERE EVER A SLAVE, and I'm not dishing out any of my money because of some LEFTIST GUILT TRIP. America has bent over backwards ENOUGH for blacks. It's time for them to quit the fuckin' CRYING and CLEAN UP THEIR ACT, same way every other race has. Why are blacks the ONLY RACE ON THE PLANET that needs CONSTANT ASS KISSING? Are they that STUPID... LAZY... INCOMPETENT? I've never seen a more CRY BABY race in my life.

If they had any gumption they'd emigrate. But whining is easier.

Forum List

Back