Vaccine Mandate Precedent: Jacobson v. Massachusetts

Our entire Constitution is crafted with the intent that politicians are power-hungry beasts and will get off on ruling over you if you don't contain them.

How can you not understand this as an American? The they and them are ALWAYS politicians. WHY would you want to give them this much power over your very physical body? Are you not a free adult? What is going on in MY country?

How can you not understand that when I ask you who 'they' and 'them' are, I'm looking for a specific answer? You keep using this vague language alluding to....someone. But straight up refuse to tell us who you're talking about.

Once 'this' is all uncovered? Prideful liars think they can get away with what? Who 'thought they could get away with it'?

Or do you just not have the slightest clue who 'they' in your conspiracy are?

If so, I have no idea who you're referring to either. So we're in the same boat.

Can you Google? Go find the Atlantic article. Yeah, very smart to call anything that counters the brainwashing a "conspiracy"

Can you present your evidence that COVID numbers are being faked? Do you have any?

Why do you keep running from any specific request for your evidence, the people you're actually accusing or any specific detail of your conspiracy?

Do you seriously not understand that you citing yourself as the source of your own conspiracy.......is a little weird?

So freaking what? Obese people are more likely to get a myriad of diseases. Is OSHA going to come regulate that? How about STDs, those are contagious. Is OSHA going to come monitor holiday parties to make sure there aren't any hookups?

For pete's sake, we are a ridiculous nation

Which STDs are airborne and contagious, have a vaccine that overwhelmingly protects and has killed 1 in 500 Americans in only 18 months?

Do you not understand that gonerrea isn't a fatal illness? Do you not understand that herpes isn't clogging ICU's around the nation?

Ugh, political eugenics. You're something else.

Am I doing anything that would prevent someone from taking precautions? Am I holding their families hostage and swearing I’ll kill the families if they get the vaccine? Am I threatening to cause them any harm to prevent them from getting the vaccine or wearing a mask?

How am I causing their deaths? Am I subtly poisoning their kool aid?

No. I am cheering them on. After months of their stubborn refusal to see the wisdom I’ve decided we would be better off without them. And in doing so I encourage them to remain stubborn and refuse the vaccine. They are going to do so anyway. I am no denying them medical treatment. I am not restricting their access to health care. I’m not even lying to trick them.

The worst I am doing is reposting links to their favorite anti vaccine stories and sites. And when I post it I point out that the information is false.

So what am I doing that is so bad in your opinion?

Efficacy of the vaccine? Yeah about that.

it is beginning to appear that the unvaxxed are the ones who need protection FROM the vaxxed.

Lying about vaccine mandates being ‘un-Constitutional’ and a ‘violation’ of citizens’ rights is yet another example of the right’s contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law.

Vaccine science has come a long way in the past 117 years.

Comparing today's medicine to that of 1904 is just dumb.

That was local and state government, there is no federal mandate.

And there are huge differences as COVID has a survival rate of 99.98%, and millions now have a natural immunity to COVID; an immunity superior to any vaccine-provided immunity.

As it says in Jacobson:

It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine.

Neither case you present touches on any federal mandate.
Fyi, no one died from Polio.

Which STDs are airborne and contagious, have a vaccine that overwhelmingly protects and has killed 1 in 500 Americans in only 18 months?

Do you not understand that gonerrea isn't a fatal illness? Do you not understand that herpes isn't clogging ICU's around the nation?
They can be destructive to the individual in other ways. But then we get into who pays for the medicines and other costs.

Stare decisis is precisely what separated us from most of the European powers legal systems and contributed to our greatness!
what are you talking about? we took it from a European power…the UK

The precedent for my opinion that the federal government has the authority to regulate safety in the several states is the existence of OSHA.

OKTexas' opinion that the federal government lacks the authority regulate safety in the several states AND lacks the authority to create OSHA is based on him saying it must be so.

Our sources are not equal.
SO you have no precedent, you have an ill informed opinion. Why are you yanking our chains like you do?

I'm vaccinated and I will not so any proof to anyone on whether I vaccinated or not. It is my own personal business. So I will resign, before I show proof. I will not go anywhere where they require proof. I am not going to give up my rights, it's utter BS. I am not anti-vaxx, I am pro-choice, I should not of vaxxed according to my doctor but whats done is done.
So anti-authoritarian of you. You must be a decent person. Aint nobody got time fa dat!
:p

The General Welfare clause alone would be a solid basis.
They can only promote the "general welfare" through enumerated powers. Dont think there is a power listed that gives the fed gov the power to mandate much of anything.

There was this pastor in Cambridge, Massachusetts named Henning Jacobson who had a very bad reaction to a vaccine when he was an infant. He had a painful rash for years.

So when, in 1904, the Cambridge board of health mandated that everyone in Cambridge get a smallpox vaccine, Jacobson went into full blown anti-vaxxer mode and refused.

The penalty for not getting the vaccine was $5.00. About $140 in today's funny money.

Jacobson had also strongly urged his son not to get the smallpox vaccine, but there was an employer mandate and so his son got the shot. His son then suffered a painful reaction which kept his arm in a sling for six months.

The Anti-Vaccination Society backed Jacobson's cause all the way to the US Supreme Court.

Like modern day anti-vaxxers, Jacobson argued that vaccines CAUSE disease and he made other dubious claims.

The Court did not allow him to have his "experts" in this spurious bullshit argue before the court.

They ruled 7-2 against Jacobson. This decision was later affirmed by the Supreme Court in 1922, in Zucht v. King.

I'm not against proven vaccines. The average time from conception to approval by the the FDA is 12-15 years. So using common sense and doing the math I can reliably say, we don't have a fucking clue what the long term effects of the Covid vaccine are.

Forum List

Back