Uvalde Teacher Propped Open Door Despite School Being On Lockdown, Allowed Shooter Entrance

You can install a security system in any school regardless of how old it is, or upgrade/replace it as necessary. My guess is, that door was not supposed to be propped open but somebody got lazy. It would seem to me that as soon as the shooting started somebody should have been running to make sure that door and every other external door was shut and locked.
True and that is the job of the Principal, Vice Principal and usually your Gym coaches, so where was the failure?

So. Other stories were saying the school was already in lock down.........If it was then why did the teacher there not already have the door locked already. Obviously she didn't know yet to lock the door yet.

We will never know from her because she is dead.
i can't be sure but I don't think thats right.

I'm guessing that the teacher heard the commotion and went outside to investigate.

The propped the door open so she would not be locked out herself and then ran back inside to call 911 and forgot to close the door3

True and that is the job of the Principal, Vice Principal and usually your Gym coaches, so where was the failure?

I don't know the security system that school had in place. But they've got be aware that any door might be propped open and if the system doesn't indicate that then their system is faulty IMHO. Maybe a buzzer or a beep sounds and stays on until the door gets closed. Maybe the VP or somebody has to stand by that door until the teachers and staff realize they can't use that door. It's got to be thoroughly understood: you can't use that damn door, you have to come in and go out through the main entrance and that's the way it is.

So - in my view the school fucked up. Their security was too lax and/or inadequate and now they got 19 kids and 2 teachers that are dead.

I don't know the security system that school had in place. But they've got be aware that any door might be propped open and if the system doesn't indicate that then their system is faulty IMHO. Maybe a buzzer or a beep sounds and stays on until the door gets closed. Maybe the VP or somebody has to stand by that door until the teachers and staff realize they can't use that door. It's got to be thoroughly understood: you can't use that damn door, you have to come in and go out through the main entrance and that's the way it is.

So - in my view the school fucked up. Their security was too lax and/or inadequate and now they got 19 kids and 2 teachers that are dead.
Well you managed to blame the school for one school shooting. Bravo.

Only 26 school shootings of 2022 to go. Better get to work.

Which is my point. You just agreed with it 100%. How bizarre.

What's so wrong with agreeing that people shouldn't post racist comments? I would think you would appreciate that.

Maybe you misunderstood the entire string of conversation. :dunno:

What's so wrong with agreeing that people shouldn't post racist comments?
Nothing at all. This is a pretty cheap non sequitur, on your part. Try to do better.

I am suggesting you put something more behind it than vapid whining. Show us. Show us what is wrong about what he said. Show us why this does not represent or align with your values or ideas.

Else, why would someone think you are doing anything but paying lip service for convenient theater?

As of now, your only objection stated is that it gives others ammunition against you. That isn't an objection to the truth or value of his comments.

Or maybe you still aren't following. I can only do so much.

What's so wrong with agreeing that people shouldn't post racist comments? I would think you would appreciate that.

Maybe you misunderstood the entire string of conversation. :dunno:
He’s just a nasty liberal. He jumps down the throat of anyone he thinks is a conservative, regardless of what he’s posted.

He’s just a nasty liberal. He jumps down the throat of anyone he thinks is a conservative, regardless of what he’s posted.
Your way of avoiding my comments. Which is suspicious. You would rather attack my character than show the comments you whined about don't represent yours. Very telling.

Nothing at all. This is a pretty cheap non sequitur in your part. Try to do better.

I am suggesting you put something more behind it than vapid whining. Show us. Show us what is wrong about what he said. Show us why this does not represent or align with your values or ideas.

Else, why would someone think you are doing anything but paying lip service for convenient theater?

As of now, your only objection stated is that it gives others ammunition against you. That isn't an objection to the truth or value of his comments.

Or maybe you still aren't following. I can only do so much.

Oh my word. I just pop in here for a few minutes, and agreed with someone who spoke out against a racist comment, and you're saying I should have written a in-depth dissertation on his comment instead? Dude, it's a message board, not every post has to be a speech.

Of course I object to what he said, not just because it makes us all look bad but because it's wrong in my view. But I shouldn't have to spell that out for you. Now, I'm sorry, but I don't want to start my day with this negativity, so as Lisa said, you can jump down someone else's throat, I have better things to do.

my word. I just pop in here for a few minutes, and agree with someone who spoke out against a racist comment, and you're saying I should have written a in-depth dissertation on his comment instead?
Most people can accomplish it in 2 or 3 sentences.

then there is you, who will write several paragraphs to avoid doing it.

Very telling.

1653763507189.png

Of course I object to what he said, not just because it makes us all look bad but because it's wrong in my view.
"Of course"

Why would I assume that? Look at the right on this board. Stormfront Jr.

And when your only stated objection is "Don't say that, it gives them ammunition", then of course someone will rightly wonder if your objection is to the content of the comments or simply the idea that they make you look bad, even if true.

The kids unfortunately had to pay the price for having a deranged Beaner shooter in their community. In addition to an ineffective police department mostly made up of Beaners and a stupid Beaner teacher that left the damn door open.
Don't do that, Flash: if you are going to capitalize beaner you have to capitalize black and you know that's bad.

Forum List

Back