USMB liberal Obots react to newly-revealed facts about Obamacare

[
Their claims to the moral high ground are laughable.

They would have gladly consigned any number of Iraqis to death, torture, and oppression at Saddam's hands if it meant Bush not getting his way.

The Iraqi people were perfectly okay with Saddam. They had plenty of chances to get rid of him and didn't.

No government survives without the tacit consent of its people.

Horseshit.

Free trade was always about breaking the American Middle Class.

Why we were dumb enough to go along with it is the real question.

Yeah, it is all one big conspiracy to destroy the middle class by making them richer.

Except they aren't.

middleclass_chart1.jpg

the-decline-of-the-us-middle-class-is-getting-even-worse-charts.jpg

All that proves is that you can find silly graphs.

How many people are poor compared to 50 years ago? How many are rich? What do those numbers look like in comparison to the entire population?

[
In God's eyes they're equal.

You cannot understand that, and will predictably lash out with abuse.

Guaranteed.

Any God with that kind of fucked up value system isn't really worthy of anyone's worship.

You know, before I chucked Religion out the Window, the Catholics used to teach morality by grading how much an action harmed people.

So who was harmed by Clinton's lie?

Monica Lewinsky? Not really. I'm sure she was never happy with the circus Ken Starr turned her life into.

Hillary? Maybe, although her relationship with Bill has always been built on kind of ignoring his shenanigans. So maybe, if you stretch it, TWO people who were harmed in non-fatal ways by his lie.

Okay, now Bush's lie.

Who was harmed by that.

Well, 5000 American troops killed. ANother 32,000 who came back without limbs, eyes, were horrifically scared or suffered traumatic brain or pychological injury.

That doesn't even get into the 100,000 - 600,000 Iraqis who died in that conflict.

Yeah, I really think Bush's lie is kind of worse...

But you're right. I'm not an imaginary sky man who thinks slavery is nifty but picking up sticks on the Sabbath is worthy of getting you killed.

I actually apply common sense standards to things.
Yup, I called it:

Guaranteed.​

[

They would have gladly consigned any number of Iraqis to death, torture, and oppression at Saddam's hands if it meant Bush not getting his way.

The Iraqi people were perfectly okay with Saddam. They had plenty of chances to get rid of him and didn't.

Anyone who had even the slightest chance of leading a rebellion against Saddam was eliminated.

You're no better than someone who blames a rape victim for being raped.

[
In God's eyes they're equal.

Guaranteed.

Any God with that kind of fucked up value system isn't really worthy of anyone's worship.

You know, before I chucked Religion out the Window, the Catholics used to teach morality by grading how much an action harmed people.

Monica Lewinsky? Not really. I'm sure she was never happy with the circus Ken Starr turned her life into.

Hillary? Maybe, although her relationship with Bill has always been built on kind of ignoring his shenanigans. So maybe, if you stretch it, TWO people who were harmed in non-fatal ways by his lie.

Okay, now Bush's lie.

Who was harmed by that.

Well, 5000 American troops killed. ANother 32,000 who came back without limbs, eyes, were horrifically scared or suffered traumatic brain or pychological injury.

That doesn't even get into the 100,000 - 600,000 Iraqis who died in that conflict.

But you're right. I'm not an imaginary sky man who thinks slavery is nifty but picking up sticks on the Sabbath is worthy of getting you killed.

Yup, I called it:

Guaranteed.​

Guy, I'm sorry you feel "abused" when people point out the silliness of your point.

A lie about a war is a lot more serious than a lie about a blow job.

I would honestly hope your God would understand this.

I am thankfully he doesn't exist, because that honestly would be pretty fucked up.

I don't know what Any Lies Bush or Clinton may have told has anything to do with the lies we have been told by the current administration..........

[

Anyone who had even the slightest chance of leading a rebellion against Saddam was eliminated.

Why would it take a rebellion?

Frankly, the average Iraqi was armed in a way that would make an NRA member jealous.

Yeah, it sucked to be the Kurds, but it's generally sucked to be a Kurd throughout history.

I don't know what Any Lies Bush or Clinton may have told has anything to do with the lies we have been told by the current administration..........

Good question.

Okay - Clinton's lie- He said he didn't get a blow job when he really did.

Bush's lie- He said Saddam had WMD's when he didn't. Thousands of people died.

Obama's lie- He said that we can keep our policies when 3% of us can't, but we'll end up getting another policy anyway.

Okay, which lie is the most serious?

Good question.

Obama's lie- He said that we can keep our policies when 3% of us can't, but we'll end up getting another policy anyway.

#3 from the destructionist

-Geaux

You just refuse to give up on that don't you.....

I don't give a fuck who lied about what in the past. We can't do shit about it. (Besides bush didn't lie about WMD)

I do care about today, the current administration that has lied about more things than my older brother and that's hard to do.

You can start with transparency and go on from there. We've never been lied to as much as now.....

Okay, now Bush's lie.

Who was harmed by that.

Yup, I called it:

Guaranteed.​

Guy, I'm sorry you feel "abused" when people point out the silliness of your point.

A lie about a war is a lot more serious than a lie about a blow job.

I would honestly hope your God would understand this.

I am thankfully he doesn't exist, because that honestly would be pretty fucked up.
In case you didn't notice, you don't get a vote on whether God exists.

He does, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Frankly, the average Iraqi was armed in a way that would make an NRA member jealous.

Yeah, it sucked to be the Kurds, but it's generally sucked to be a Kurd throughout history.

Oh, gee, I dunno...maybe because the guy had total personal control over his military, to include especially the elite Republican Guard?

Are you TRYING to be as stupid as possible?

Good question.

JoeB's lie

You just refuse to give up on that don't you.....

I don't give a fuck who lied about what in the past. We can't do shit about it. (Besides bush didn't lie about WMD)

I do care about today, the current administration that has lied about more things than my older brother and that's hard to do.

You can start with transparency and go on from there. We've never been lied to as much as now.....

Your outrage about "lies" is pretty selective, isn't it?

The thing is, for 80% of us, Obama was being perfectly honest. If we liked our plans, we kept them. For anotehr 16% who couldn't get on a plan before, they can now get on a plan. 4% who had shitty plans can't keep them, but they'll get something else.

Just not seeing the problem, most of which was created by the rights INSISTANCE that Big Insurance and Big Pharma and Big Medical all get a say in crafting this bill.

Good question.

JoeB's lie

Go back and take your anit-crazy meds, and get back to me.

[

Can you prove that in a court of law?

Can you prove that in a science lab?

God told David Koresh that he should molest children, shoot government agents and commit mass suicide. How is his opinion of God any less valid than yours?

Oh, gee, I dunno...maybe because the guy had total personal control over his military, to include especially the elite Republican Guard?

It could also take one ambition general shooting him at dinner.

Or it could take exactly how the Berlin Wall fell. Not one shot fired, but no one was going to oppose people power.

The reality is, governments exist because their people support them. We spent all of World War II looking for the "Good Germans" and never found them. They fought for Hitler until the last man.

Again, best policy, don't go sticking your dick in a hornet's nest and then complain about getting stung.

[

God told David Koresh that he should molest children, shoot government agents and commit mass suicide. How is his opinion of God any less valid than yours?

Let me check -- yes, despite your childish lashing out, God is still there.

You really think you can talk Him out of existing? That's rather arrogant from someone who's so afraid of life he wants the government to make all his decisions for him.

But then, your god, Government, is a jealous god.

It could also take one ambition general shooting him at dinner.

Or it could take exactly how the Berlin Wall fell. Not one shot fired, but no one was going to oppose people power.

The reality is, governments exist because their people support them. We spent all of World War II looking for the "Good Germans" and never found them. They fought for Hitler until the last man.

Again, best policy, don't go sticking your dick in a hornet's nest and then complain about getting stung.
You raged in anger when Saddam was found hiding in a hole like a rat, and wept bitterly when he was executed by his own people.

Don't bother denying it.

[

Let me check -- yes, despite your childish lashing out, God is still there.

You really think you can talk Him out of existing? That's rather arrogant from someone who's so afraid of life he wants the government to make all his decisions for him.

But then, your god, Government, is a jealous god.

Guy, I have so little daily interaction with government that other than filing my taxes every year, I barely do at all.

As opposed to yourself, who gets a check from the Treasury every month.

But you really are avoiding the question. The thing is, I can scientifically and legally prove the Government exists.

The Magic Sky Pixie... meh, not so much.

Forum List

Back