USA needs an Obama v Paul showdown

Politically there is outer space.

Then there is a zone Ron Paul occupies.

All he would have to do is come up with a government conspiracy to assassinate him..and he could go one up to the Lyndon Larouche zone.

Liberty and personal responsibility frighten many from the left.

He not only talking about that. He's talking about dismantling the American economic machine.

To be replaced with what? The Gold standard? The barter system?

He's also Milton Friedman on steroids. He hates all regulations. That's nuts.

We aren't a small 13 state agrian based nation anymore.

The sooner people wake up to that the better.

Honestly sallow, This early on I dont take any of them very seriously. Since my state is damn near last in voting in the primary. All I can do is play wait and see.

Ron Paul v Barack Obama offers people a real, meaningful choice for a change. Let the people have their day at the polls and have it matter. If you're so confident that Paul's positions are so far 'out there', then you should welcome the match-up. Not cower in fear like Sallow.

Liberty and personal responsibility frighten many from the left.

He not only talking about that. He's talking about dismantling the American economic machine.

To be replaced with what? The Gold standard? The barter system?

He's also Milton Friedman on steroids. He hates all regulations. That's nuts.

We aren't a small 13 state agrian based nation anymore.

The sooner people wake up to that the better.

Honestly sallow, This early on I dont take any of them very seriously. Since my state is damn near last in voting in the primary. All I can do is play wait and see.

Killjoy.

:doubt:

Ron Paul v Barack Obama offers people a real, meaningful choice for a change. Let the people have their day at the polls and have it matter. If you're so confident that Paul's positions are so far 'out there', then you should welcome the match-up. Not cower in fear like Sallow.

Well it would be like Mike Tyson in his prime (Obama) vs. Gary Coleman in his prime (Paul).

Good for a laugh..but..

Really?

Whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Well it would be like Mike Tyson in his prime (Obama) vs. Gary Coleman in his prime (Paul).

Good for a laugh..but..

Really?

If you really believe that, you'd be waiting until he wins the nomination to start your character assassination bid.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Good for a laugh..but..

Really?

If you really believe that, you'd be waiting until he wins the nomination to start your character assassination bid.

This would be a very very boring board if I did that. :lol:

Good for a laugh..but..

Really?

This would be a very very boring board if I did that. :lol:

In that case I can't thank you enough for your tireless efforts to rescue us all from boredom.

Carry on.

Dr. Paul would destroy the community organizer on any topic except introducing Marxism into a capitalist economy.

But watcha gonna do? :dunno:

Quoted from another thread...
The tea party as you know it today is totally an establishment controlled movement. I really don't know exactly what the establishment hopes to gain from it, although I have guesses.

It's definitely not what the Paul movement began as, I'll tell you that.

Now that the establishment has successfully assimilated the Tea Party movement, what do you think they will do if Paul wins the GOP nomination? Perhaps a bit conspiratorial-ish, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had the 'Tea Party' disavow Paul and ran Bachmann as a third party candidate, to ensure an Obama victory.

The tea party as you know it today is totally an establishment controlled movement. I really don't know exactly what the establishment hopes to gain from it, although I have guesses.

Now that the establishment has successfully assimilated the Tea Party movement, what do you think they will do if Paul wins the GOP nomination? Perhaps a bit conspiratorial-ish, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had the 'Tea Party' disavow Paul and ran Bachmann as a third party candidate, to ensure an Obama victory.

More then likely that would happen. But it would not be to insure an Obama victory. It would be from principle.

And that may very well happen if Romney takes the nomination. But I think they would more then likely try to run Perry (who wouldn't do it) and would be left with Bachmann (who would do it).

More then likely that would happen. But it would not be to insure an Obama victory. It would be from principle.

And that may very well happen if Romney takes the nomination. But I think they would more then likely try to run Perry (who wouldn't do it) and would be left with Bachmann (who would do it).

Yes, the principle of self-preservation.

Wow, that's OUT there bro! I like it!

I don't think they'd be able to pull off the trick by using Bachmann though. But regardless of who they used, if they did something like that it would expose the movement as the fraud that it is.

I don't think they'd be able to pull off the trick by using Bachmann though. But regardless of who they used, if they did something like that it would expose the movement as the fraud that it is.

Yes, but they still may conclude that the stakes are too high not to.

Who EXACTLY would 'they' be in this situation, considering you're saying that a conservative movement would sabotage a conservative candidate in favor of the most hated liberal president since at least Carter?

This is a good discussion but this is my last day off before my schedule picks up again and the surf is up today, so im out for a little while. i'll check back on this one later.

Who EXACTLY would 'they' be in this situation, considering you're saying that a conservative movement would sabotage a conservative candidate in favor of the most hated liberal president since at least Carter?

I'm referring EXACTLY to the establishment you spoke of, who now controls the Tea Party movement. I'm not talking about real conservatives sabotaging a conservative candidate, I'm talking about faux-conservatives sabotaging a real conservative.

Libertarians are not faux conservatives---You should know that if you actually considered voting for Ron Paul for any office!

Libertarians are not faux conservatives---You should know that if you actually considered voting for Ron Paul for any office!

:eusa_eh:

Issues with reading comprehension? Show me the post I made that gave you the impression I said anything of the sort and I'll gladly explain it to you. If you're not actually addressing me with this post, then cheerio.

Forum List

Back