Us Troops Heading Into Africa Soon For Ebola Fight

The military would not stand around like the aid workers and be killed with clubs and machetes. They will fight if attacked. Then the headlines will be "US military kills sick people".

He has no right to send 3,000 of our troops into a place where there is A DISEASE with no known cure. Like I said, if there were 3,000 people going, they should be volunteers.

They are volunteers:

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

I understand that oath and took it once. I'd do my duty and curse the Idiot who sent me there, and after my tour is up I'd leave the military refusing to serve under the orders of another imbecile CNC...........I got out under Clinton. I had no respect for him and got the hell out.

We have a right and a duty as the people of this country to QUESTION the CNC when he puts our forces in harms way. In this case an unseen enemy that may kill our people via a horrible disease.............

The Salute.............You Salute the Rank and not necessarily the person you are saluting. While our military will honor the respect of the CNC that doesn't mean they actually respect him.

Sure.

I was just replying to the post that implied that Enlistment in Military Service was not voluntary, or that it excluded an oath to obey the orders of CNC.

Is there a difference between RIGHT or the AUTHORITY to send............He has the Authority and those who are ordered to go will go to honor that oath of office.............

That doesn't make it Right and sure as hell doesn't make those going happy about it. This is dangerous, PERIOD...........I believe the poster was making the case that we should GET VOLUNTEERS to help there and not force the military into a hot zone.

Ah....so you think there's a difference between Volunteering and Being a Volunteer.....

and the military should not be forced into a hot zone.

Double-speak.

He has no right to send 3,000 of our troops into a place where there is A DISEASE with no known cure. Like I said, if there were 3,000 people going, they should be volunteers.

They are volunteers:

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

I understand that oath and took it once. I'd do my duty and curse the Idiot who sent me there, and after my tour is up I'd leave the military refusing to serve under the orders of another imbecile CNC...........I got out under Clinton. I had no respect for him and got the hell out.

We have a right and a duty as the people of this country to QUESTION the CNC when he puts our forces in harms way. In this case an unseen enemy that may kill our people via a horrible disease.............

The Salute.............You Salute the Rank and not necessarily the person you are saluting. While our military will honor the respect of the CNC that doesn't mean they actually respect him.

Sure.

I was just replying to the post that implied that Enlistment in Military Service was not voluntary, or that it excluded an oath to obey the orders of CNC.
They may have volunteered to train and fight for their country, and to obey their CiC and their officers, but I'll wager that very few of them expected to be forced to obey an order that needlessly put them at Ground Zero in a plague setting.

Agreed.

I guess now we know.

Do you think people will suddenly stop volunteering for service?

They are volunteers:

..Defend the constitution and against all enemies, foreign and domestic....and I will obey the of the whims of the President of the United States

Ebola are not enemies of the US and this order is nothing but a whim of the current President.

Um....so you re-wrote the oath to support your position?

I'm pretty sure JAG would have a problem with that.

They are volunteers:

Sure.

Is there a difference between RIGHT or the AUTHORITY to send............He has the Authority and those who are ordered to go will go to honor that oath of office.............

That doesn't make it Right and sure as hell doesn't make those going happy about it. This is dangerous, PERIOD...........I believe the poster was making the case that we should GET VOLUNTEERS to help there and not force the military into a hot zone.

Ah....so you think there's a difference between Volunteering and Being a Volunteer.....

and the military should not be forced into a hot zone.

Double-speak.

There is a difference..........A man who volunteers years ago to serve in the military to fight or enemies on the battlefield perhaps volunteered to fight the Taliban or Islamic Terrorism........When he joined that was his intent.............That doesn't mean he'd have volunteered to go to Liberia to possibly get infected with Ebola...........aka He might not have joined and said FUCK THIS...............

But if you were asking people to go knowing the situation and they chose to do so, then they volunteered for this assignment.

We may have a volunteer service, but that doesn't mean they signed up for this shit. I doubt they are very happy about this assignment, and they SURE AS HELL DIDN'T VOLUNTEER TO GO...........

To imply they volunteered and relate it to an EBOLA Hot Zone is double speak as well.

They are volunteers:

Sure.

They may have volunteered to train and fight for their country, and to obey their CiC and their officers, but I'll wager that very few of them expected to be forced to obey an order that needlessly put them at Ground Zero in a plague setting.

Agreed.

I guess now we know.

I think there is a strong possibility of this.

Jag..........Let them go to the Hot Zone to gather evidence if someone there doesn't like it. Be sure to take bodily fluids as evidence....................Sea lawyers.............................

Your splitting hairs Sam..........The troops will go but please don't say the are actually volunteering for this shit.

I watched a documentary on this a few days ago.
I forgot what channel it was on, but they said that some people are sneaking out of the quarantined areas.
One was a rich guy who left in his private plane to get treatment from a Doctor in another country.
Others were getting on commercial planes and flying to other countries to get treatment.
They are exposing many people to this deadly virus and they need to be stopped from leaving and going anywhere.
What makes me angry is the Feds are not telling us about this.
This is why our troops are going there. It is to help contain this virus from people who are doing this and exposing everybody in the rest of the world to this deadly virus.

This will be a test for our troops, EBOLA have been using a new radioactive road side bomb in the area and have resorted to sawing off the limbs of orphans. I suggest we use drone strikes first before we send in the First Cavalry.

They are volunteers:

Sure.

Agreed.

I guess now we know.

I think there is a strong possibility of this.

That will be interesting.

Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died in War, often quite horribly and painfully.

Yet they VOLUNTEER TO OBEY THE CIC.

And now they'll stop because 3000 are sent to Africa where Ebola is a deadly contagion.

That stupid little bastard in the White House has no right to expose American military personnel to a deadly epidemic that in no way falls under the auspices of "defense". This is a job for the UN.

It is the job of the military to protect the US. What would be stupid is to wait for it to get here and then try to contain it.

I can't imagine why people want that to happen but its apparent they do.

Thank you Mr. President.

Our military do not need to be exposed only to bring it home.

We're being exposed every day.

The virus was caused by bush meat. Bush meat is smuggled in to the US every day.

Recently, a very wealthy and very sick victim of Ebola used his own jet to sneak into the US. His doctor died and no one knows where the original victim is.

I realize RWs will lie about this but the good news is that our president is treating this like the pandemic emergency that it is.

This will be a test for our troops, EBOLA have been using a new radioactive road side bomb in the area and have resorted to sawing off the limbs of orphans. I suggest we use drone strikes first before we send in the First Cavalry.

HUH?

I watched a documentary on this a few days ago.
I forgot what channel it was on, but they said that some people are sneaking out of the quarantined areas.
One was a rich guy who left in his private plane to get treatment from a Doctor in another country.
Others were getting on commercial planes and flying to other countries to get treatment.
They are exposing many people to this deadly virus and they need to be stopped from leaving and going anywhere.
What makes me angry is the Feds are not telling us about this.
This is why our troops are going there. It is to help contain this virus from people who are doing this and exposing everybody in the rest of the world to this deadly virus.

It was a two part documentary on Discovery. I was glad it told about the very real risk to the US.

Remembering back to when Reagan refused to even say the word, "AIDS". His willful ignorance resulted in the deaths of thousands. I'm glad President Obama is taking a proactive stance but Ebola WILL get into the US and the right WILL lie about Obama's actions.

That stupid little bastard in the White House has no right to expose American military personnel to a deadly epidemic that in no way falls under the auspices of "defense". This is a job for the UN.

It is the job of the military to protect the US. What would be stupid is to wait for it to get here and then try to contain it.

I can't imagine why people want that to happen but its apparent they do.

Thank you Mr. President.

The mission is a support role. In a attempt to Contain it. Not to effect a quarantine Zone............

If you look at a map of the infected area, you'd understand that there is no way 3000 can quarantine the effected zones.

I've shown the mission on other threads like this one.

Our military do not need to be exposed only to bring it home.

We're being exposed every day.

The virus was caused by bush meat. Bush meat is smuggled in to the US every day.

Recently, a very wealthy and very sick victim of Ebola used his own jet to sneak into the US. His doctor died and no one knows where the original victim is.

I realize RWs will lie about this but the good news is that our president is treating this like the pandemic emergency that it is.

idiot1.gif

Riddle me this.

Our stated mission is to build 18 medical clinics.......17 100 bed facilities and one 25 bed facility for doctors and medical personnel infected..............In 2 weeks the number of cases doubled in Liberia...........How long will it take to build these clinics, and by then how much further does the disease spread...............

It will take months and large amounts of money to build these, and that is fast tracking the facilities. How does that stop the spread NOW as WHO is saying it is taking off like wildfire...........

Forum List

Back