What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Govt. & Dept. of State donated $603,006(your tax $) to Obama campaign

healthmyths

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you go to the below web site that tracks political contributions I was amazed to see that the
US Government donated $389,100 and the US Dept of State donated $213,906 or a total of: $603006?

How legally can our tax dollars used to run the US government AND the Dept of State be donated to Obama?
I don't know for sure about Government because maybe the $1 deduction is the source BUT why Dept. of State donating $$$?

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If you go to the below web site that tracks political contributions I was amazed to see that the
US Government donated $389,100 and the US Dept of State donated $213,906 or a total of: $603006?

How legally can our tax dollars used to run the US government AND the Dept of State be donated to Obama?
I don't know for sure about Government because maybe the $1 deduction is the source BUT why Dept. of State donating $$$?

Could it be their work affiliations, and the donations were made by the employees?

OP
H

healthmyths

Gold Member
Reaction score

Could it be their work affiliations, and the donations were made by the employees?

T thought that too then why segregate "US Govt" and U.S. Dept. of State?

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Reaction score
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
Well, another thread by Healthmyths that is a total misrepresentation of facts.
I suppose one could say it was tax dollars being donated as the employees who donated work for the government. But that's a real stretch.
Here's an article that explains the whole affair.
Obama leads Romney in donations from government employees
Obama leads Romney in donations from government employees - NYPOST.com

Intense

Reaction score

Shit! I thought The Department of State was It's own Country. They surely have nothing to do with us! I thought one had to renounce Citizenship to work there? :eusa_whistle:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$191.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List