US Govt. & Dept. of State donated $603,006(your tax $) to Obama campaign

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
If you go to the below web site that tracks political contributions I was amazed to see that the
US Government donated $389,100 and the US Dept of State donated $213,906 or a total of: $603006?

How legally can our tax dollars used to run the US government AND the Dept of State be donated to Obama?
I don't know for sure about Government because maybe the $1 deduction is the source BUT why Dept. of State donating $$$?

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

If you go to the below web site that tracks political contributions I was amazed to see that the
US Government donated $389,100 and the US Dept of State donated $213,906 or a total of: $603006?

How legally can our tax dollars used to run the US government AND the Dept of State be donated to Obama?
I don't know for sure about Government because maybe the $1 deduction is the source BUT why Dept. of State donating $$$?

Could it be their work affiliations, and the donations were made by the employees?

Could it be their work affiliations, and the donations were made by the employees?

T thought that too then why segregate "US Govt" and U.S. Dept. of State?

Well, another thread by Healthmyths that is a total misrepresentation of facts.
I suppose one could say it was tax dollars being donated as the employees who donated work for the government. But that's a real stretch.
Here's an article that explains the whole affair.
Obama leads Romney in donations from government employees
Obama leads Romney in donations from government employees - NYPOST.com

Shit! I thought The Department of State was It's own Country. They surely have nothing to do with us! I thought one had to renounce Citizenship to work there? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back