US District Court Rules Lifetime Gun Ban for DUI Conviction Unconstitutional

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

A United States District Court Judge has ruled that a man convicted of drunk driving almost two decades ago cannot have his gun rights taken away. In 2005, Edward A. Williams was convicted of driving while under the influence, a first-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to five years in prison. He was allowed to serve his sentence of 90 days to two years at home because of a medical problem.

That conviction forfeited his gun rights under federal law, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(1).

Bruen is the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Good, no way you should lose your gun rights due to a misdemeanor DUI.

Now do no ID required to vote but one is needed to buy a gun. ;)

I see no reason why he should lose his Constitutional rights over a misdemeanor.

That noted, everyone provided an ID to register to vote and I can buy a truck load of guns without needing an I.D.

A United States District Court Judge has ruled that a man convicted of drunk driving almost two decades ago cannot have his gun rights taken away. In 2005, Edward A. Williams was convicted of driving while under the influence, a first-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to five years in prison. He was allowed to serve his sentence of 90 days to two years at home because of a medical problem.

That conviction forfeited his gun rights under federal law, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(1).

Bruen is the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Good, no way you should lose your gun rights due to a misdemeanor DUI.

Now do no ID required to vote but one is needed to buy a gun. ;)

If the democrats win next year, this will go away after they replace Thomas and Alito...or pack the court if they can't force those two to die or resign.

You must be mistaken.
You cant just walk into a gun store and buy a gun even in Texas.

If you want to argue something I never said, argue it elsewhere, I have no obligation to address it.

You still have to get a background check.
Thats the problem with liberals,they believe anything they hear from some leftist dingbat.

Guns all over the place that need no I.D. I can't help if you are too ignorant to figure that out.

If you want to argue something I never said, argue it elsewhere, I have no obligation to address it.

Guns all over the place that need no I.D. I can't help if you are too ignorant to figure that out.

And?

If you are a felon and buy any gun, you can be arrested.

If you care about background checks, then we need to push for a free phone app, that let's anyone do a background check using the NICS database, but without permanent records, just a yes or no on the background check.

And?

If you are a felon and buy any gun, you can be arrested.

If you have had your rights removed through due process you can. Not sure your point.

If you care about background checks, then we need to push for a free phone app, that let's anyone do a background check using the NICS database, but without permanent records, just a yes or no on the background check.

I disagree with background checks so................................

WTF?
Not sure why you're all butt hurt here.
You just insinuated that you could walk into a Texas gun store and buy a gun without getting a background check.
In fact you said you could buy a truck load of em.

Forum List

Back