US Debt Is Now $23 Trillion And Climbing

When the GOP took over Congress in January 2015, the federal deficit was $439 billion. They immediately set to work doubling it.

Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

When Trump was sworn in, the federal debt was $19.9 trillion.

As of this moment:

us-debt-november-7-2019.jpg

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

This past fiscal year, Trump spent more than anyone in the history of the Universe. He exceeded Obama's worst year of spending by a trillion dollars.

So much for being the party of small government.

Before you try to claim it isn't Trump's fault for some reason, you should know that I will find your posts where you blamed Obama for every penny of the debt accrued on his watch.

Before you try to say "Let me know when he's got more debt than Obama" bullshit hypocrisy, remember that you pseudocons started in on Obama's spending habit right at the beginning. You did not wait until he had beaten Bush's record.

So i guess all you're left with is to blame darkies and Muslims.

You called out the GOP on its failing. What is your side’s plan specifically to fix the problem? How are you going to reduce the debt? Tax the wealthy into oblivion? Then what? Will you ever support cutting spending?
Not our problem

Republicans ran for eight years that if given the chance, they would cut the debt and balance the budget

When given all branches of the Government, Republicans did not even try

Tarp...……….lol...……..

Bail out the banks...…………...lol

They went to the back door of the Federal Reserve and got trillions at near zero interest...…..But they needed the loans...……..lol

They paid it back with the back door...…..and then the talking heads said...…...see......they paid back the loans LOOKY HERE...……….

It was a joke...……...and to mask what really went down.
Then why did Republicans support these initiatives when Bush asked for them but unanimously reject them under Obama?
TARP was an establishment slushy fund...……….The establishment is on both sides salivating over who gets rich off the program...…….

Stuff like the high speed choo choo In California...…..State bail outs...……...imagine that...…..

Banks didn't need it...….they already got a money machine with the Fed Reserve.

Both sides killed Glass Steigel…………..then both sides point at each other when the markets implode...…...both sides saying the other is a boogy man...…….all the while they laugh at us behind closed doors...…………...
Then why did Republicans vote for it under Bush but not a single one voted for it under Obama?
You already had one...……….....why the hell another...…………..

Unless you can account for every cent spent...….you shouldn't give them a damned thing.

Didn’t see them demanding Bush account for every cent

Why is it that Democrats supported Bush but Republicans did not support Obama on a single vote?
I never agreed with TARP to begin with.............Establishment RINO'S .........sure they did........Lion's share spent under Obama.

When the GOP took over Congress in January 2015, the federal deficit was $439 billion. They immediately set to work doubling it.

As of this moment:

This past fiscal year, Trump spent more than anyone in the history of the Universe. He exceeded Obama's worst year of spending by a trillion dollars.

Before you try to claim it isn't Trump's fault for some reason, you should know that I will find your posts where you blamed Obama for every penny of the debt accrued on his watch.

Before you try to say "Let me know when he's got more debt than Obama" bullshit hypocrisy, remember that you pseudocons started in on Obama's spending habit right at the beginning. You did not wait until he had beaten Bush's record.

You called out the GOP on its failing. What is your side’s plan specifically to fix the problem? How are you going to reduce the debt? Tax the wealthy into oblivion? Then what? Will you ever support cutting spending?
Not our problem

Republicans ran for eight years that if given the chance, they would cut the debt and balance the budget

Typical Liberal response. Blame the Republicans yet when you hold the power, you will run up the debt, not balance budget, and point fingers at the Republicans for not doing anything about it. You don’t want to solve the debt problem, you simply want power.

Then why did Republicans support these initiatives when Bush asked for them but unanimously reject them under Obama?
TARP was an establishment slushy fund...……….The establishment is on both sides salivating over who gets rich off the program...…….

Stuff like the high speed choo choo In California...…..State bail outs...……...imagine that...…..

Both sides killed Glass Steigel…………..then both sides point at each other when the markets implode...…...both sides saying the other is a boogy man...…….all the while they laugh at us behind closed doors...…………...
Then why did Republicans vote for it under Bush but not a single one voted for it under Obama?

Unless you can account for every cent spent...….you shouldn't give them a damned thing.

Why is it that Democrats supported Bush but Republicans did not support Obama on a single vote?
I never agreed with TARP to begin with.............Establishment RINO'S .........sure they did........Lion's share spent under Obama.
Who gives a fuk what you agree with?
Republicans supported TARP under Bush...so did Dems
Same Republicans refused under Obama

Who is bipartisan?

Who gives a fuk what you agree with?
Republicans supported TARP under Bush...so did Dems
Same Republicans refused under Obama

Who is bipartisan?
Who cares what you think as well................One TARP is enough.............2nd was BS

As of this moment:

Not our problem

Typical Liberal response. Blame the Republicans yet when you hold the power, you will run up the debt, not balance budget, and point fingers at the Republicans for not doing anything about it. You don’t want to solve the debt problem, you simply want power.

Yes...I blame the Republicans

Republicans whined that we needed a Balanced Budget Amendment for eight years under Obama

When they were given the White House, Senate, House and SCOTUS in the 2016 election.......they never raised a finger to get a Balanced Budget Amendment?

Their first budget?
RAISED a the deficit by $200 Billion

As of this moment:

Not our problem

Republicans whined that we needed a Balanced Budget Amendment for eight years under Obama

When they were given the White House, Senate, House and SCOTUS in the 2016 election.......they never raised a finger to get a Balanced Budget Amendment?

Their first budget?

That was not my question. Does your side care more about reducing the debt or sticking it to the GOP? What can Democrats do better?

As of this moment:

Not our problem

Their first budget?

That was not my question. Does your side care more about reducing the debt or sticking it to the GOP? What can Democrats do better?
Fuk the debt

Republicans have no serious concerns about debt as long as they can cut taxes on the rich

When Dems take over (and they will)......Jack up taxes on the wealthy and corporations, secure healthcare for all, make advanced education affordable, restore our environment and rebuild infrastructure

Let the debt fall where it may

Not our problem

Their first budget?

Fuk the debt

Republicans have no serious concerns about debt as long as they can cut taxes on the rich

When Dems take over (and they will)......Jack up taxes on the wealthy and corporations, secure healthcare for all, make advanced education affordable, restore our environment and rebuild infrastructure

So if you have no regard for the debt, why jack up taxes on the wealthy which will only hurt the Middle Class? Define the metrics for each of the goals you list. What is secure healthcare, affordable education, environment and infrastructure? Specious at best.

Not our problem

Their first budget?

Fuk the debt

So if you have no regard for the debt, why jack up taxes on the wealthy which will only hurt the Middle Class? Define the metrics for each of the goals you list. What is secure healthcare, affordable education, environment and infrastructure? Specious at best.

We once were a great nation who did great things

In the 30s we built Hoover Dam, Tennessee Valley, public works projects
In the 40s we won WWII
In the 50s we built the interstate highway system
In the 60s we went to the moon

Since we adopted supply side economics, we have achieved nothing

It has gotten so bad that we have to argue about basic human needs like healthcare, education, protecting the environment

Their first budget?

Fuk the debt

In the 40s we won WWII

It has gotten so bad that we have to argue about basic human needs like healthcare, education, protecting the environment

Are you sure you want to use the word “basic” as part of your argument? Right now, to be poor in the United States the support and resources one receives goes beyond “basic” when compared to most other countries. I am not advocating a reduction in that. I am pointing out that with Liberals, resources towards healthcare, education, environment, and infrastructure are never enough. Should also throw in “ the children”. Anything short of a blank check towards these initiatives is met with being against them outright.

Their first budget?

Fuk the debt

In the 40s we won WWII

Are you sure you want to use the word “basic” as part of your argument? Right now, to be poor in the United States the support and resources one receives goes beyond “basic” when compared to most other countries. I am not advocating a reduction in that. I am pointing out that with Liberals, resources towards healthcare, education, environment, and infrastructure are never enough. Should also throw in “ the children”. Anything short of a blank check towards these initiatives is met with being against them outright.
We are the wealthiest nation on earth. We should not be quibbling over terms like “basic”

The American Dream is not what it used to be. As workers are settling for less and less, Conservative America is turning against them and calling them lazy. Workers are seeing a smaller and smaller piece of profits while we fight to defend corporate interests.

Fuk the debt

In the 40s we won WWII

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. We should not be quibbling over terms like “basic”

The American Dream is not what it used to be. As workers are settling for less and less, Conservative America is turning against them and calling them lazy. Workers are seeing a smaller and smaller piece of profits while we fight to defend corporate interests.

Conservative America called workers “lazy”? Conservative America pushed for more take-home pay for workers. Workers’ take home pay and jobs were down and cost of energy and healthcare were up for workers during the Obama Administration. Further, this same line of thinking from Liberals want to go after Workers’ 401ks.

How can the “dream” you are referring to be realized when Liberals pursue policies that necessarily take money out of workers’ pockets and limit the means by which they can earn?

Fuk the debt

In the 40s we won WWII

Conservative America called workers “lazy”? Conservative America pushed for more take-home pay for workers. Workers’ take home pay and jobs were down and cost of energy and healthcare were up for workers during the Obama Administration. Further, this same line of thinking from Liberals want to go after Workers’ 401ks.

How can the “dream” you are referring to be realized when Liberals pursue policies that necessarily take money out of workers’ pockets and limit the means by which they can earn?
Conservative Americans have destroyed unions and suppressed minimum wage

In the 40s we won WWII

US consumers destroyed unions, and unions destroyed GM

In the 40s we won WWII

Bad management destroyed GM

No way. They couldn't build a car at a profit. Their management was terrible too, but they should have just liquidated what capital they had to shareholders and closed up

In the 40s we won WWII

Without a healthy market, unions and wages don’t mean anything. How does the union help a company compete by digging its heels and mandating that one truck is necessary to carry a brown widget while another truck is necessary to carry the same widget, same route but different color? As for minimum wage, a healthy market and tight labor market will drive wages and compensation. Artificial, specious min wage mandates will reduce job openings and push companies to eliminate jobs.

No way. They couldn't build a car at a profit. Their management was terrible too, but they should have just liquidated what capital they had to shareholders and closed up
They didn’t build the right cars and the cars they built were crap

That is management. The workers did what they were told

They didn’t build the right cars and the cars they built were crap

That is management. The workers did what they were told
I regret taking part in thread hijacking

Forum List

Back