US Consumer Prices Data Set to Show ‘Wave of Disinflation’

:rolleyes:

Again, I defer to your expertise.

But yeah - Democrats are continuing to burn the country down, including the economy.
The economy so on fire that the Fed has been trying to choke it out for a year...

You don't handle your own investments, do you?

^ More kink.

I’ve got a hot tip for you...

Vote Trump in 2024.

:)

Betting AGAINST Grifty made me very good money..

Whenever you see a Supply Side Huckster at the helm, be in cash.....and just wait for the shit to hit.

I had, like, a 4X on APTS

Cigarette, or Kleenex?

Deflation isn't the falling of prices as Q increase, it is a SUSTAINED FALL in the general price level. This is the consequence of a drop in aggregate demand.

As prices fall, consumers anticipate further reductions and defer purchases.
You're telling me that people defer food purchases, medical expenses, gas purchases for their car to get to work, purchases of utilities, etc. because the price might go down?

You're telling me that people defer food purchases, medical expenses, gas purchases for their car to get to work, purchases of utilities, etc. because the price might go down?
That is EXACTLY what a deflationary spiral is.

That is EXACTLY what a deflationary spiral is.
That's absurd. No one ever stopped eating because food was too cheap. No one shuts off the lights and TV because electricity is too cheap. No one refuses to take a vacation because hotels and plane tickets are too cheap. Real people, not Keynesian cartoons of people, but more stuff when it's cheap, not less. Deflation causes an increase in aggregate demand.

That's absurd. No one ever stopped eating because food was too cheap. No one shuts off the lights and TV because electricity is too cheap. No one refuses to take a vacation because hotels and plane tickets are too cheap. Real people, not Keynesian cartoons of people, but more stuff when it's cheap, not less. Deflation causes an increase in aggregate demand.
In a deflationary context, your necessities are relatively cheap.....but you wouldn't buy a house, or a car, which means that there is no price signal for.financial assets....this is where Rational Expectation actually applies.

In a deflationary context, your necessities are relatively cheap.....but you wouldn't buy a house, or a car, which means that there is no price signal for.financial assets....this is where Rational Expectation actually applies.
There's no rational expectation that prices will keep declining.

Forum List

Back