US budget deficit totals $76.9 billion in July

I already provided a clear and easy idea to implement: Cut spending first, then taxes.

Why don't you like that idea? Can't the GOP handle that? Is it beyond its capacity?
You asked for specifics. I have seen none. I stand by my post.

The penny plan is the best plan yet, but none of them really address the heart of the matter. Mandatory spending is the elephant in the room. Unfunded liabilities and pensions are going to tank us.

Historically we take in 18.2% of the gdp. We are spending at 24% of the gdp. The math doesn't like and every year the CBO reports it is unsustainable. We must cut 6% of gdp in budget for the historical average. But that doesn't add the interest on the debt, which will be the largest budget item in our future, a cycle of perpetual debt.

No politician will really adfraddthis issue because ss and reform is political suicide.
Do you think it's a good idea to cut spending before cutting taxes, or not?
Duh. Cutting spending. Freezing new spending and modifying social security and Medicare is the only way to have a shot at it. Like i just said. A cut of 6% of the GDP is required.

Ending Earmarks which are political bribes need to end. And stop being the world's police force is required.
Then, going back to my original point, they should be specific as to what they want to cut, during the campaign.

Currently, they make vague references about spending cuts, sing loudly about cutting taxes, fool their voters into voting for them, and only cut taxes.

Is my idea unreasonable?
Lol. GOP should be specific so you can do the political dance of rhetoric. Both sides need to take part. Not one side bitching about proposed cuts. Dems play that crap all the time.
Well, I never expect straight answers here.

Do you want an INSTANT Balanced budget???

Shut the government down. 6% of GDP gets cut instantly. Raise funds or government gets smaller Period.

The penny plan is the best plan yet, but none of them really address the heart of the matter. Mandatory spending is the elephant in the room. Unfunded liabilities and pensions are going to tank us.

Historically we take in 18.2% of the gdp. We are spending at 24% of the gdp. The math doesn't like and every year the CBO reports it is unsustainable. We must cut 6% of gdp in budget for the historical average. But that doesn't add the interest on the debt, which will be the largest budget item in our future, a cycle of perpetual debt.

No politician will really adfraddthis issue because ss and reform is political suicide.
Duh. Cutting spending. Freezing new spending and modifying social security and Medicare is the only way to have a shot at it. Like i just said. A cut of 6% of the GDP is required.

Ending Earmarks which are political bribes need to end. And stop being the world's police force is required.
Then, going back to my original point, they should be specific as to what they want to cut, during the campaign.

Currently, they make vague references about spending cuts, sing loudly about cutting taxes, fool their voters into voting for them, and only cut taxes.

Is my idea unreasonable?
Lol. GOP should be specific so you can do the political dance of rhetoric. Both sides need to take part. Not one side bitching about proposed cuts. Dems play that crap all the time.
Well, I never expect straight answers here.
You demand but refuse to say what you would cut. Go play in traffic.

You FIRST..............show us your Great plans to SAVE US.........

I'm tired of people like you DEMANDING we show plans and OFFER NOTHING IN RETURN.........

Many plans and tactics have been presented by the GOP over time........and every time someone like you says.........YOU SUCK.......and when you are asked your plan we get nothing but static....................

So now ..............tell us your GRAND PLAN TO SAVE US ALL...........It is your turn.....not mine..........over time I've posted many things.
I already provided a clear and easy idea to implement: Cut spending first, then taxes.

Why don't you like that idea? Can't the GOP handle that? Is it beyond its capacity?

Is my idea unreasonable?
The DNC MSM will crucify any R who offers specific plans for cutting social programs. They have a long history of doing just this.

Obama cut social security a few years back and the DNC MSM said nary a word. So, I guess we need the D party to make cuts and that won’t happen.

Is my idea unreasonable?
The DNC MSM will crucify any R who offers specific plans for cutting social programs. They have a long history of doing just this.

Obama cut social security a few years back and the DNC MSM said nary a word. So, I guess we need the D party to make cuts and that won’t happen.
Well, if the GOP really wants to be fiscally responsible, they have to deal with both ends.

They get voted in by claiming they'll be smart, and then they forget about the spending part. Sure.

At least the Dems are honest: Tax and Spend. The GOP is Tax and Borrow, leave it to our kids to worry about while claiming the economy is great.

That's bullshit. But people keep falling for it.

It has only been two years but by year 4 we need to have a surplus. Enough spending. Unfortunately it likely won't happen til year 5 because entitlements have to be addressed.
What about increasing revenue?[/QUOTWhat. Expenses would you like to
They pay payroll taxes, whose revenues are almost equal to income tax revenues and almost 5 times as much as corporate revenues.

That's because FICA is expensive. Those are UNIVERSAL programs. The proceeds are ONLY SUPPOSED to go for THEIR future benefit. I'm not impressed. Half of the folks in the pile pay ZERO to OPERATE the Federal govt. You cannot "load them" by cutting taxes elsewhere.
but the government has used about $3 TRILLION of social Security surplus funds to pay for expenditures that federal income taxes should have paid for....and now they are threatening and have reduced Social Security benefits because they can't afford to pay them back for what they used....

Also, since the beginning of taxes in this Nation, the poorest and poor overall, have not been taxed to pay for federal expenditures.... this is nothing new....

you simply can't get blood out of a turnip... it is inhumane to take from the poor, and has always been recognized as such....

since early Biblical times..... the poorest were never tithed, they received the tithe.

I'm sorry - but bullshit.
If I had a nickel for every time I saw somone use an EBT card to buy food, and then pay separately for a carton of cigarettes.
Complete with a handful of tattoos on them.
The poor are the only population left that still smoke in large percentages. And smoking is extremely expensive.
The Bible?? lol
There is no poverty in America that even begins to resemble biblical poverty.
How many poor people grow gardens to save on groceries? Like...none.
How many do odd jobs, use their trucks to haul stuff for people for cash?.... very, very few.
Right now we have two chairs, an old cabinet TV and an old washer in the basement. We have tried for 3 weeks to find someone to haul it out.
We posted on a local "looking to hire" website.... A group face book page... asked around.... can't find anyone. $100 plus $30 dump fee.
A $100 for about an hours work, and we can't find anyone.
So, in your view

Our poor do not suffer enough

Nice try.
They don't do enough for themselves.
In America, poverty is overwhelmingly self induced.

Blame the victim

It has only been two years but by year 4 we need to have a surplus. Enough spending. Unfortunately it likely won't happen til year 5 because entitlements have to be addressed.
That's because FICA is expensive. Those are UNIVERSAL programs. The proceeds are ONLY SUPPOSED to go for THEIR future benefit. I'm not impressed. Half of the folks in the pile pay ZERO to OPERATE the Federal govt. You cannot "load them" by cutting taxes elsewhere.
but the government has used about $3 TRILLION of social Security surplus funds to pay for expenditures that federal income taxes should have paid for....and now they are threatening and have reduced Social Security benefits because they can't afford to pay them back for what they used....

Also, since the beginning of taxes in this Nation, the poorest and poor overall, have not been taxed to pay for federal expenditures.... this is nothing new....

you simply can't get blood out of a turnip... it is inhumane to take from the poor, and has always been recognized as such....

since early Biblical times..... the poorest were never tithed, they received the tithe.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw somone use an EBT card to buy food, and then pay separately for a carton of cigarettes.
The poor are the only population left that still smoke in large percentages. And smoking is extremely expensive.
The Bible?? lol
How many do odd jobs, use their trucks to haul stuff for people for cash?.... very, very few.
Right now we have two chairs, an old cabinet TV and an old washer in the basement. We have tried for 3 weeks to find someone to haul it out.
We posted on a local "looking to hire" website.... A group face book page... asked around.... can't find anyone. $100 plus $30 dump fee.
So, in your view

Nice try.

Blame the victim

You can when they are only a victim of themselves.
You know as well as I do, that poverty in America is overwhelmingly self inflicted.
A result of years of poor decisions, underachievement and you bet - laziness.
I have no pity, zero - NONE.... for someone who is unwilling to achieve... and sits back and expects the government to fund their laziness.

Is my idea unreasonable?

Well, if the GOP really wants to be fiscally responsible, they have to deal with both ends.

They get voted in by claiming they'll be smart, and then they forget about the spending part. Sure.

At least the Dems are honest: Tax and Spend. The GOP is Tax and Borrow, leave it to our kids to worry about while claiming the economy is great.

That's bullshit. But people keep falling for it.
I think you well know the GOP has no intention of controlling spending. History proves this. Yet another issue among many, in which both criminal parties are aligned.

And the D party is seldom honest about anything...yet another thing they have in common with the Rs. The big difference is the DNC MSM protects the Ds and attacks the Rs.

I'm not the one screaming about CUT CUT CUT all the time. I think this libertarian crap is shallow, simplistic and humorously naive.

Nice try.
You demand specifics but offer no specifics. You are in no position to demand anything. Many ideas have been attempted by Republicans and all rejected by Dems. Then complain about how stupid the bills were.

Go grab some pom poms and get back in the bleachers where you belong.

I'm not the one screaming about CUT CUT CUT all the time. I think this libertarian crap is shallow, simplistic and humorously naive.

Nice try.
You demand specifics but offer no specifics. You are in no position to demand anything. Many ideas have been attempted by Republicans and all rejected by Dems. Then complain about how stupid the bills were.

Go grab some pom poms and get back in the bleachers where you belong.
I'm not demanding anything.

If you don't want to agree with my little idea, you don't have to.

Obviously the GOP and the rest of the flock will back you up on that.

Is my idea unreasonable?

They use it as a political weapon. Bunch of dang hypocrites

Nice try.
I support the penny plan. 1 % cut for 6 years Freeze all new spending. Kill Earmarks.

Subsidies go first. Govt deciding who wins and who loses.

In regards to cuts. Negotiated with a bunch of whinet ass liberals who have idiots like Bernie wanting to spend massively for more govt.

Again get in the nose bleed section of the bleachers and wave your pom poms

Nice try.
I support the penny plan. 1 % cut for 6 years Freeze all new spending. Kill Earmarks.

In regards to cuts. Negotiated with a bunch of whinet ass liberals who have idiots like Bernie wanting to spend massively for more govt.

You're very emotional.

I'm down here in the mud with you. The difference is that I'm not controlled by a shallow ideology.

Someone like you wouldn't understand, sorry.

Nice try.

You're very emotional.

I'm down here in the mud with you. The difference is that I'm not controlled by a shallow ideology.

ImI not emotional. I call a spade a spade. Don't like it change the channel. Over the years iveI listed many reports of wasteful spending from waste book and fraud orgs. CBO duplicate spending. Paying farmers not to farm. Paying for federal buildings no longer used. Land and homes which could be sold. Falls on deaf ears like you who refuse to listen anyway.

Pointless to give specifics to a brick wall who will just bitch and moan. Offering nothing in return.

Nice try.

You're very emotional.

ImI not emotional. I call a spade a spade. Don't like it change the channel. Over the years iveI listed many reports of wasteful spending from waste book and fraud orgs. CBO duplicate spending. Paying farmers not to farm. Paying for federal buildings no longer used. Land and homes which could be sold. Falls on deaf ears like you who refuse to listen anyway.

Pointless to give specifics to a brick wall who will just bitch and moan. Offering nothing in return.
All I've said is that the GOP should cut spending first. That's it.

The rest has been you getting upset.

Nice try.

You're very emotional.

You asked for specifics. Gave none. Give and take.

Nice try.

You're very emotional.

You asked for specifics. Gave none. Give and take.
No, I didn't. And again, I'm not the one screaming about cutting spending.

I'm just asking that, if they're going to claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility, to actually act like it. Supposedly they know what they want to cut, otherwise they wouldn't keep screaming about it, right? I'm just asking them to TELL US FIRST. Then FOLLOW THROUGH.

Or is it a big secret, like their fabulous new health care plan? Is there a secret password to get them to do what they promise?

You vote for them, it's on you and your party.

That WAS however, how Clinton and Gingrich "balanced" their budget. By counting the SSec MASSIVE surpluses for those years as THEIR income. Not trust fund investment.

A fact that has been pointed out to Clintonistas ad nauseum and yet they just pretend they don't know about this and continue to gloat about their glory years when Clinton left Bush a surplus to be squandered away.
Actually it was Gingrichistas who claimed a 4 year surplus and the Bushistas use the same exact balancing act when they claim there was only a $168 billion Bush deficit before the Dems took over in 2007.
But you knew that already!

The Bible?? lol
So, in your view

Nice try.

Blame the victim

In some cases yes. In most cases no. If you break-danced and gang banged your way thru HS and QUIT at sophomore -- that's on you. And MAYBE your teachers who have a attitude of "lowered expectations" for you. Or have 3 kids from 2 different baby daddies by 19. Those aren't victims, they've "failed to launch" and need to be rescued on a PERSONAL BASIS.

Checks from Washington D.C. or "programs" are NOT GONNA FIX them..

Forum List

Back