Updated election forecasting model still points to Romney win

The k00ks dont like to look at the U Colorado model.........its a direct ball kick, thats why. They look at the economy for each individual state and have called between 45 to 48 states correctly.......INVARIABLY..........for 9 elections. Their model would have to be off on a huge scale for Obama to pick up the 270 electoral votes.

Of course, their model could be off wildly this time after being 100% accurate since 1980!!!!

Could be..............:2up:

But the model wasn't created before 1980. How do we know they didn't tweak the data to get a desired result? If it is right this election, it will be the first election it was correct for in reality.

People are claiming these 2 guys have been predicting elections with this model since 1980.

One of them was in college in 1980, and the other one looks like he might be 50 at the oldest.

btw, for you 'nuts a slow on the draw, 1980 was 42 years ago.

Wow it was? That makes me a lot older than I thought.

Like I said, 32 years ago.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still, these guys weren't using this model in real time.

The k00ks dont like to look at the U Colorado model.........its a direct ball kick, thats why. They look at the economy for each individual state and have called between 45 to 48 states correctly.......INVARIABLY..........for 9 elections. Their model would have to be off on a huge scale for Obama to pick up the 270 electoral votes.

Of course, their model could be off wildly this time after being 100% accurate since 1980!!!!

But the model wasn't created before 1980. How do we know they didn't tweak the data to get a desired result? If it is right this election, it will be the first election it was correct for in reality.

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-45.jpg

Its as accurate as anything else trying to predict elections. There is only one thing that predicts elections accurately ...counting votes. Dems think it's polls and exit polls sometimes though.

They predicted the result of the election AFTER the election? LOL this is not a prediction.

They predicted the result of the election AFTER the election? LOL this is not a prediction.

Thanks for agreeing with me. How are we supposed to trust a model that was put together after all the elections it accurately predicted?

If Obama wins this model will never have been correct once in it's existence.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

Fucking YIKES.........some people should have to take a minimal IQ test before being able to post on here!!:D

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

Fucking YIKES.........some people should have to take a minimal IQ test before being able to post on here!!:D

Calm down buddy. Relax. I also want Romney to win but my question was a pretty legitimate question. How come they "predict" the outcome of a past election? I'm going do some google research about it because it seems pretty ilogical to me.

Last edited:

Hmmmm, let's review.

On the one hand, academic, peer reviewed, research that has successfully predicted every election since 1980.

On the other, polls.

I know which I lean towards.

Big fucking deal

I have predicted every election since 1964

Most are blowouts. Its not hard to do. I bet my streak lasts longer than the University of Colorado's

California Girl

What happened to your academic, peer reviewed research that has predicted every election since 1980?

Looks like they were off by over 100 electoral votes

Meanwhile, my streak of correctly predicting elections since 1964 is in tact while the academic, peer reviewed model fro the University of Colorado crashed and burned

Romney with 330 Electoral votes? Are you kidding me?

But their's is based on methodology, not horse shit.

So is mine

Theirs only looks at one factor...I look at them all

University of Colorado is going down

Thank you for confirming what I had - from research - already concluded... you're a fucking prat.

California Girl

What happened to your research? It didn't tell you that the University of Colorado model is a piece of shit? Casual observation would have told you that

Romney 330 electoral votes?

California Girl

What happened to your academic, peer reviewed research that has predicted every election since 1980?

Meanwhile, my streak of correctly predicting elections since 1964 is in tact while the academic, peer reviewed model fro the University of Colorado crashed and burned

The same thing that happened to the hordes of angry Catholics who were going to show up to throw Obama out of office.

Obama won the Catholic vote.

California Girl

The same thing that happened to the hordes of angry Catholics who were going to show up to throw Obama out of office.

Obama won the Catholic vote.

Well California Girl is a political neophyte.

She relies on gut reactions and applies them across the board

So is mine

Thank you for confirming what I had - from research - already concluded... you're a fucking prat.

I don't know CG.....my streak goes back pretty far and 1980 is not that far back

University of Colorado is predicting Romney to take New Mexico, North Carolina, Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida.

You still betting on Romney to win?

Wow. Wrong on every state but one. That's awfully hard to do.

So is mine

California Girl

What happened to your research? It didn't tell you that the University of Colorado model is a piece of shit? Casual observation would have told you that

Romney 330 electoral votes?

California Girl's demonstrations of her own stupidity never lack for flair.

Forum List

Back