Update on Trump's promised 4% annual GDP growth

Centrista

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2018
In a Presidential debate, Trump
"We're bringing it (the GDP) from 1 percent up to 4 percent. And I actually think we can go higher than 4 percent. I think you can go to 5 percent or 6 percent.”

I now give you an update on that.

Year 2017: 2.6%
Year 2018: 3.2% so far (Q1, Q2 average).

Expected Q3 growth: 3.2% https://seekingalpha.com/article/4209596-strong-u-s-gdp-growth-expected-moderate-third-quarter

The data and missed promise puts Trump at risk of being seen as an overpromising snake oil salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Sane people always knew Trump is a snake oil salesman. His supporters are too dumb to see that.

In the first place, Trump isn't done yet....
Secondly, If you would leave the man alone for one damn minute without all the Demo/Soros/Deep State bullshit, he could concentrate on getting more done.
Obstructionists need to go. Vote the a-holes out next month. Get rid of the mob inciters. They are becoming dangerous to our society. And charge those calling for incivility and harassment.

Republicans-- get out and vote like your life depends on it. Life as we know it will cease to exist if the Democrats are able to take over.
Remember the sight of Pelosi weilding her giant hammer/gavel. They punish those who don't capitulate to the collective.
Ask Joe Manchin...

"We're bringing it (the GDP) from 1 percent up to 4 percent. And I actually think we can go higher than 4 percent. I think you can go to 5 percent or 6 percent.”

Expected Q3 growth: 3.2% https://seekingalpha.com/article/4209596-strong-u-s-gdp-growth-expected-moderate-third-quarter

The data and missed promise puts Trump at risk of being seen as an overpromising snake oil salesman.

Trump has delivered more success than any seen in decades ... and snowflakes are trying to convince people he is in jeopardy of being seen as a failure / 'over-promising snake oil salesman'?!

BWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

2009%20to%202017%20Revised-S.jpg

Secondly, If you would leave the man alone for one damn minute without all the Demo/Soros/Deep State bullshit, he could concentrate on getting more done.
Obstructionists need to go. Vote the a-holes out next month. Get rid of the mob inciters. They are becoming dangerous to our society. And charge those calling for incivility and harassment.

Republicans-- get out and vote like your life depends on it. Life as we know it will cease to exist if the Democrats are able to take over.
Remember the sight of Pelosi weilding her giant hammer/gavel. They punish those who don't capitulate to the collective.
Ask Joe Manchin...

Yeah right, like you left Obama alone for one minute.

Funny how different you partisans react.

Trump isn't done, only one post war US Republican president has come out of their term in office with lower unemployment than when they started.

I can't see Trump being that unless he dies of a heart attack.

Ask Joe Manchin...
Lol. This guy just said Trump broke his promise because he isn’t focused.
Can you give me an estimate as to when he will focus on his job?

2009%20to%202017%20Revised-S.jpg
Your graph didn't show 4%.

Trump has delivered more success than any seen in decades ... and snowflakes are trying to convince people he is in jeopardy of being seen as a failure / 'over-promising snake oil salesman'?!

BWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
You didn't mention GDP growth.

they just voted to double our national debt from 'insane' to 'doubly insane'......so how is it i'm supposed to believe we're proseperous when we've basically given the bill to future generations?

~S~
You didn't seem to mind when Obama and the Democrats passed the non-Stimulating Stimulus bill that cost $1 trillion dollars and contained over 700 self/party-serving pieces of DNC-Only Pork ...

...and it did not help our economy anywhere near what President Trump and the GOP have....we just got all the spending and little benefit.

I'm not a partisan, and the ND is not a partisan issue no matter how much YOU want it to be Mr65

I'm not a partisan, and the ND is not a partisan issue no matter how much YOU want it to be Mr65
You mean Obama refusing to agree to budget cuts to show he was serious about reducing the debt, resulting in the 1st ever US Credit Rating Down-grade, wasn't a partisan 'thang'? :p

2nd quarter 2018: 4.2 percent

U.S. Economy at a Glance | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

Yeah right, like you left Obama alone for one minute.
When NOT left alone he
- Financed, supplied, armed, defended, protected, and dragged United States unconstitutionally into two Wars to help terrorists...

- By-passed Congress in order to make his own personal treaty with Iran, while attempting to give them access to the US banking system and paying them ransoms to get American hostages back

- Was found in contempt of court twice and found to be in violation of the US Constitution twice...

- Gave Putin top secret classified information, part of the Ukraine, 20% of the US supply of uranium, and permission to interfere and run counterintelligence operations within the United States for 2 years...

- Armed Mexican drug cartels, protected human traffickers, protected violent MS-13 gangs, protected Violet illegal aliens, and protected those violating federal law by providing Sanctuary to illegals...

.... just imagine the damage he could have caused if we would have left him completely alone to do whatever he wanted.

Sane people always knew Trump is a snake oil salesman. His supporters are too dumb to see that.

Honestly, the economy takes a very back seat to social issues when I look at politics and political candidates. So I couldn’t care less about GDP Growth.

Got to love some of the crazy folks. For eight years we saw less then 3% GDP each year and we were told it was the new normal. Looks as though we will hit 3.2% GDP and that's a bad thing because it is not 4%. Never mind that there is still a few years yet to hit that target in, if it is hit. How dare anyone ever set a goal and not make it or not make it in a very short time.

I seem to remember the all great and powerful 44 saying your taxes will not go up. That was a missed goal. I seem to remember you can keep your doctor and your healthcare plan. I remember that he promised to cut the debt in half during his first term.

Forum List

Back