Update on the McMichaels Trial. Motions, counter motions, and disappointment.

The McMichaels were not following Arbery, they already had passed him, rounded a curve in the road, were in the middle of the road when Arbery arrived. A question arises as to whether they were in communication with the guy who took the video from a vehicle behind Arbery. What is your take on why the McMicheals were stopped in the middle of the road with their guns drawn. If there was some crime going down in their neighborhood, (1) it is obvious that Arbery was not the person committing it, an (2) where are the tapes of the 911 calls they made to report it?
if a witness lies like that in court they are sure to get off,,,

Of what "lies" do you speak? Point to a specific falsehood that is being told here. What sources of inside information do you have?
they were following him and passed by him,, not waiting for him,,

you claimed they pre planned it when it was all a spur of the moment event,, you said they ambushed him when they didnt know he existed until the event happened and then followed him to confront him to hold him for the police,,

if their intent was to kill him it would have happened long before it did,,

youre a perfect example of why over emotional women should never serve on juries,,

they were following him and passed by him,, not waiting for him,,

you claimed they pre planned it when it was all a spur of the moment event,, you said they ambushed him when they didnt know he existed until the event happened and then followed him to confront him to hold him for the police,,

if their intent was to kill him it would have happened long before it did,,

youre a perfect example of why over emotional women should never serve on juries,,

Actually, they had seen him jogging by before, and were convinced he was a thief.

I am going to mix facts, with opinions here. I am going to clearly identify both.

Facts. Travis McMichaels reported a gun stolen from his truck while it was parked outside of his house. That was by the way the only burglary actually reported to the Police for months before the shooting. This was the only incident for the “rash” of burglaries that the McMichaels and their defenders swear was justification for the pursuit.

They saw Arbury jogging often, nearly every day, and believed he was the burglar.

OPINION BEGINS HERE.

What I think is this. The McMichaels decided the black guy stole the gun. It ate at them. It infuriated them that this guy could steal from THEM and just jog by. A glance from him was seen as a smirk, a subtle clue to the two of them that he stole from them and he thought it was funny. Mocking them even.

They were convinced he had stolen, and therefore he must be stealing every time he went by. They didn’t question this assumption. I suspect they intended to stop Arbury, get a cop there, and then shout at Arbury in the presence of the cop to get him to confess to the thefts. Perhaps get one of the cops to take the guy in and interrogate him and get the confession.

Now, they believed that Arbury had stolen the gun. So they believed he must be armed, with Travis’s own pistol. They said he had jogged by previously and made a move towards his waist like he was carrying a gun. This was their justification for grabbing their own firearms and heading out. They believed that Arbury was armed, with the gun he had stolen from Travis’s truck.

But it all goes back to the original fact, and their belief. They had seen Arbury before. Many times. And they believed that he had stolen Travis’s gun. Again the only burglary reported to the cops.

Now, I don’t know if Racism played a part. I don’t know if they decided that Black was not going to get away with it. I suspect it may have. I don’t know. I do believe that they decided to put a stop to this shit once and for all. They couldn’t relax with this dangerous man just jogging by like that. Not when they knew in their hearts he was the guy who had stolen Travis’s gun.

END OPINION.

Actually, they had seen him jogging by before, and were convinced he was a thief.

I am going to mix facts, with opinions here. I am going to clearly identify both.

Facts. Travis McMichaels reported a gun stolen from his truck while it was parked outside of his house. That was by the way the only burglary actually reported to the Police for months before the shooting. This was the only incident for the “rash” of burglaries that the McMichaels and their defenders swear was justification for the pursuit.

They saw Arbury jogging often, nearly every day, and believed he was the burglar.

OPINION BEGINS HERE.

What I think is this. The McMichaels decided the black guy stole the gun. It ate at them. It infuriated them that this guy could steal from THEM and just jog by. A glance from him was seen as a smirk, a subtle clue to the two of them that he stole from them and he thought it was funny. Mocking them even.

They were convinced he had stolen, and therefore he must be stealing every time he went by. They didn’t question this assumption. I suspect they intended to stop Arbury, get a cop there, and then shout at Arbury in the presence of the cop to get him to confess to the thefts. Perhaps get one of the cops to take the guy in and interrogate him and get the confession.

Now, they believed that Arbury had stolen the gun. So they believed he must be armed, with Travis’s own pistol. They said he had jogged by previously and made a move towards his waist like he was carrying a gun. This was their justification for grabbing their own firearms and heading out. They believed that Arbury was armed, with the gun he had stolen from Travis’s truck.

But it all goes back to the original fact, and their belief. They had seen Arbury before. Many times. And they believed that he had stolen Travis’s gun. Again the only burglary reported to the cops.

Now, I don’t know if Racism played a part. I don’t know if they decided that Black was not going to get away with it. I suspect it may have. I don’t know. I do believe that they decided to put a stop to this shit once and for all. They couldn’t relax with this dangerous man just jogging by like that. Not when they knew in their hearts he was the guy who had stolen Travis’s gun.

END OPINION.
not interested in opinions,, thats what gets innocent people put in jail.. more so when its on an anonymous chat line,,

not interested in opinions,, thats what gets innocent people put in jail.. more so when its on an anonymous chat line,,

Opinion is what gets people convicted. One of the tasks of the Prosecutor is to explain the motive of the accused. Why they committed the crime. We all do it. We ask what was he thinking? Why did they do that?

The opinion or beliefs are what connects the dots. The facts that were established. In this case. The McMichaels said they had seen Arbury jogging by previous on several occasions. They told the police they believed that Arbury was responsible for the rash of burglaries. They also told the police they believed Arbury was armed because they had seen him reach towards his waistband on a previous occasion.

There has been only one burglary report in the months prior to the shooting. A gun reported stolen from Travis’s truck.

Those are facts. That is what they told the police after the shooting as well as records of the police reports from the area.

Opinion is where we try and connect the dots. We try and answer what was he thinking? Why did he do that?

Opinion is what gets people convicted. One of the tasks of the Prosecutor is to explain the motive of the accused. Why they committed the crime. We all do it. We ask what was he thinking? Why did they do that?

The opinion or beliefs are what connects the dots. The facts that were established. In this case. The McMichaels said they had seen Arbury jogging by previous on several occasions. They told the police they believed that Arbury was responsible for the rash of burglaries. They also told the police they believed Arbury was armed because they had seen him reach towards his waistband on a previous occasion.

There has been only one burglary report in the months prior to the shooting. A gun reported stolen from Travis’s truck.

Those are facts. That is what they told the police after the shooting as well as records of the police reports from the area.

Opinion is where we try and connect the dots. We try and answer what was he thinking? Why did he do that?
PROCECUTORS NEED TO PROVE THE MOTIVE NOT EXPLAIN WHAT HE THINKS IT IS,,

that results in reasonable doubt and could lead to getting off,,

The facts don’t change.

The opinions allow the interpretation of those facts. The truth that is the result.

The Defense will argue that the actions were reasonable and justified. They will point to altruistic motivations as the driving factor for the McMichaels. The prosecution will try and show vengeance was the motivation. If the prosecution does not address it the narrative is left to the Defense.

That will insure they get off. Again. This is real life.

That is why the Defense is trying to get pictures of the Vanity Plate with the confederate flag banned from the trial. So they can paint the McMichaels as two good family men with only the best intentions at heart. They were trying to protect their families and neighbors. They may have been a little enthusiastic. But we are talking good men with only love and respect in their hearts.

Same facts. Different interpretations.

The facts don’t change.

The opinions allow the interpretation of those facts. The truth that is the result.

The Defense will argue that the actions were reasonable and justified. They will point to altruistic motivations as the driving factor for the McMichaels. The prosecution will try and show vengeance was the motivation. If the prosecution does not address it the narrative is left to the Defense.

That will insure they get off. Again. This is real life.

That is why the Defense is trying to get pictures of the Vanity Plate with the confederate flag banned from the trial. So they can paint the McMichaels as two good family men with only the best intentions at heart. They were trying to protect their families and neighbors. They may have been a little enthusiastic. But we are talking good men with only love and respect in their hearts.

Same facts. Different interpretations.
you admitted you were giving opinions not facts,,

No, I separated the two. I listed the facts, and then I used opinion to connect the dots to show what I believe is the motivation. In an effort to answer the question, what were they thinking.
you said the prosecutor says what he thinks happened,,

his job is to explain/prove what did happen,,,

saying what he thinks leads to reasonable doubt,,

Jury Selection begins on Monday the 18th of October. Some 600 prospective Jurors are in the first wave. A thousand are lined up ready to be called.

What is interesting is something anyone who has read this website already knows. The Defense is looking for people like the posters here. The Trump Supporters who think Covid is a hoax and won’t take the Vaccine. Those folks are the ones most likely to believe that the McMichaels are innocent.

So what they want are people who stubbornly won’t deal in facts, or truth. CT believers who won’t even consider changing their minds.

if their intent was to kill him they had plenty of chances to do that before it actually happened,,

But that's a really weak argument. Had they killed him five minutes earlier, you would say "Well, if they intended to kill him they had the chance before they actually did."

The bottom line is that Arberry was running, three whites guys were chasing him and, when they had the opportunity, they killed him...

But that's a really weak argument. Had they killed him five minutes earlier, you would say "Well, if they intended to kill him they had the chance before they actually did."

The bottom line is that Arberry was running, three whites guys were chasing him and, when they had the opportunity, they killed him...
they had opportunity long before they did if that was their intent,,

so its your argument that is really weak,,,

I'm just trying to ascertain exactly what you believe, because you've done a rather poor job of specifying that.

Why do you think the delay in killing him matters?

I had the opportunity to kill my neighbor yesterday. If I choose to kill him tomorrow it's still murder...

I'm just trying to ascertain exactly what you believe, because you've done a rather poor job of specifying that.

Why do you think the delay in killing him matters?

I had the opportunity to kill my neighbor yesterday. If I choose to kill him tomorrow it's still murder...
maybe next time you not edit my comment to change the context of my point,,,

youre your own worst enemy,,

Forum List

Back