Up in Smoke: Most Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana

Which of the following Drugs would you like to see Legalized?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really silly if you look at it in the context "racism" is used today. We all have seen evidence of the side being attacked pulling out all the stops in an effort to make their case...I guarantee you if this marijuana question comes up nationally (i.e. in the House and Senate for a vote) the race card will be played.

The reason? Like dogbert said...it will be the Mexicans claiming exactly what he said...and it will be the African American community because they have glorified it's use in rap videos and they are the ones predominately arrested and sent to jail for mj crimes.

The race card just doensn't come up in the MJ debates because there's millions of white kids from the burbs smoking it.

Now if you want to talk about racism and the war on drugs debate then cocaine and crack are the drugs that come to mind.

Oh really....check the link I just posted from a marijuana advocacy site.

Yeah, I read it and said those ppl are retards.

Hope you'll pardon the faith imput.

I consider drugs to be a snare of the deceiver, and the drug problem to be a product of corruption.

The methods we have used to control drugs are lies, deception, manipulation, tricks, traps, and snares. A snare of the deceiver will never be overcome by the methods of the deceiver. They will only make the snare more unbreakable. Satan doesn't make war on himself.

As for the corruption; it hides in the dark. Shining the light of truth on it will cause it to wither and die. I've seen firsthand how the secrecy of undercover ops hides widespread corruption.

I don't know when, but I do know how the drug problem will be solved; truth through witnessing. Proof through evidence will only fill our prisons with our own children.

Here's a link that supports marijuana legalization. It states the race card is dead.etc. etc. but it also is an insight into what EXACTLY will transpire when this issue does go national.

All of you who think this won't happen are just too partisan or too blind to reality to admit it.

read!!!!!!
Marijuana is Practically Legal (But Only For Aging White People Who Live in the Suburbs) | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)

Those ppl would be retards, Phil, and their argument gets shot down when shown that white suburban youths are constantly targeted by cops for marijuana possession. The person who replied with the "Race card is dead" argument was spot on.

I see your point...but at least admit the possibility of the marijuana advocate fringers trying to play this race card issue out if it goes national.....and ESPECIALLY if older white southerner Senators and House members come out in opposition to it.

Me personally I could care less if the drug is legalized although I don't like the idea of making criminal organizations legal businesses with the stroke of a pen...we make our own beds and we must sleep in them.

Not really silly if you look at in the context "racism" is used today. We all have seen evidence of the side being attacked pulling out all the stops in an effort to make their case...I guarantee you if this marijuana question comes up nationally (i.e. in the House and Senate for a vote) the race card will be played.

Stop being silly and a drama queen. It won't happen and it hasn't happened yet.

the race card issue never happened huh...? I guess that explains your silence.

I never said it never happened. I'm saying it hasn't happened in modern times in the way I'm talking about. You quoting a few idiots doesn't mean shit.

Here's a link that supports marijuana legalization. It states the race card is dead.etc. etc. but it also is an insight into what EXACTLY will transpire when this issue does go national.

All of you who think this won't happen are just too partisan or too blind to reality to admit it.

read!!!!!!
Marijuana is Practically Legal (But Only For Aging White People Who Live in the Suburbs) | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)

Those ppl would be retards, Phil, and their argument gets shot down when shown that white suburban youths are constantly targeted by cops for marijuana possession. The person who replied with the "Race card is dead" argument was spot on.

I see your point...but at least admit the possibility of the marijuana advocate fringers trying to play this race card issue out if it goes national.....and ESPECIALLY if older white southerner Senators and House members come out in opposition to it.

Sure some moron fringers might try to pull something like that. But they are fringers for a reason and anyone who knows anything about MJ debate knows that race plays no issue in it. They will have stats thrown in their faces and be laughed out the room.

Me personally I could care less if the drug is legalized although I don't like the idea of making criminal organizations legal businesses with the stroke of a pen...we make our own beds and we must sleep in them.

You will legitimize the growers. Everyone else in the game will be out of a job.

I never said it never happened. I'm saying it hasn't happened in modern times in the way I'm talking about. You quoting a few idiots doesn't mean shit.

right....mmmmm....OK. The way you think and talk is the way everyone should think...right?

Last edited:
Legalize marijuana.

It is less harmful than booze, cigs or even Big Macs, and the amount of money we've spent enforcing its illegalization is an enormous waste of money.

Lower government spending. Legalize marijuana.
This statement is a flat out lie. It is NOT less harmful. It may not be more harmful, but those trying to foster off the notion that it is less harmful are absolute fools.

I have altered My position on marijuana and support placing it on the same controlled substance list that alcohol is on.

In other words, legalize it and put the exact same restrictions upon marijuana as exist on booze.

This statement is a flat out lie. It is NOT less harmful. It may not be more harmful, but those trying to foster off the notion that it is less harmful are absolute fools.

I have altered My position on marijuana and support placing it on the same controlled substance list that alcohol is on.

In other words, legalize it and put the exact same restrictions upon marijuana as exist on booze.

Go ahead and tell me when somebody died from smoking too much weed. Go ahead and tell me when somebody's liver was ruined because of Marijuana. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol.

and for those who say alcohol is legal, cigs are legal, why not pot...I submit this to you...when alcohol was illegal there was a huge clamor from the public to repeal Prohibition...I don't recall hearing that same clamor after marijuana was made illegal.

Go look up Reefer Madness and a bunch of other things. Marijuana was more of an unknown drug then. And it was originally banned for racist reasons.

Elaborate.....

Legalize marijuana.

It is less harmful than booze, cigs or even Big Macs, and the amount of money we've spent enforcing its illegalization is an enormous waste of money.

Please seek out a legitimate source that shows stats for marijuana related deaths.

Compare those stats to alcohol related deaths then come back and try to post with a straight face that majiuana is not less harmful than alcohol.

Go ahead and tell me when somebody died from smoking too much weed. Go ahead and tell me when somebody's liver was ruined because of Marijuana. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol.

You believe the resin is good for your lungs? You are starting to believe your own shit.....you need to put that bong down, get a good nights sleep and think about that one again :disagree:

Last edited:
Legalize marijuana.

Please seek out a legitimate source that shows stats for marijuana related deaths.

Compare those stats to alcohol related deaths then come back and try to post with a straight face that majiuana is not less harmful than alcohol.
Why? Do you actually believe that marijuana is not harmful to a person? I suppose if I wanted to waste My time, I could dig up some stats on DUI deaths that were related to marijuana. I don't know that they've done any studies on lung cancer and marijuana but I'm sure that if they did, you'd find that it is just as dangerous as tobacco. The reasons for pot being illegal have nothing to do with health.

I just detest people who make statements about marijuana not being as harmful as other substances.

Why? Do you actually believe that marijuana is not harmful to a person? I suppose if I wanted to waste My time, I could dig up some stats on DUI deaths that were related to marijuana. I don't know that they've done any studies on lung cancer and marijuana but I'm sure that if they did, you'd find that it is just as dangerous as tobacco. The reasons for pot being illegal have nothing to do with health.

I just detest people who make statements about marijuana not being as harmful as other substances.

If you are going to make a argument, then you have to "waste your time" to back it up.

Marijuana is not as dangerous as tobacco either. It's not nearly as addictive either. I would recommend you stop talking out of your ass on this topic which clearly you do not know about.

Wow. I was right. You don't have any critical thinking skills at all.

Inhaling smoke does no harm to the lungs? Do you honestly think that the smoke from pot is safe?

Sure, I believe it's harmful. One would be foolish not to think so. However, with the thousands of alcohol related deaths and all the alcholol related crimes that are committed every year IMO its foolish to not think marijuana is less harmful than booze.

If you are going to make a argument, then you have to "waste your time" to back it up.

Marijuana is not as dangerous as tobacco either. It's not nearly as addictive either. I would recommend you stop talking out of your ass on this topic which clearly you do not know about.
I'll file your recommendation where it deserves to be. In your ass.

But just for fun. Why don't you go to the pot websites and gather up all their 'peer reviewed' articles on how marijuana is safe and then come back here and post that information. Because it seems that you definitely need to go get someone elses thoughts to make your claims.

Wow. I was right. You don't have any critical thinking skills at all.

Inhaling smoke does no harm to the lungs? Do you honestly think that the smoke from pot is safe?

I was right, you are talking out of your ass. Quote on me where I said Marijuana was not harmful. Oh wait, you can't, because I never said that. Of course, Marijuana in large amounts of excess might be somewhat dangerous. However, anything in excess is. It's all about moderation.

I'm saying it's less harmful than Tobacco and Alcohol, which it is. It's also less addictive. Two of the most largest people addicted to something are smokers and alcoholics. Notice Marijuana is not in that group?

I have never met anyone personally who was addicted to Marijuana. And considering a large majority of my age group is doing it, that's saying something.

Sure, I believe it's harmful. One would be foolish not to think so. However, with the thousands of alcohol related deaths and all the alcholol related crimes that are committed every year IMO its foolish to not think marijuana is less harmful than booze.
No, I think that it would be safe to say that alcohol has been more widely studied then marijuana. Wouldn't you say?

Forum List

Back