Unsyncing my phone from my pc

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
How the hell do I make my phone my PHONE and my pc my PC and the two do not meet? Ever!

What I do on my phone, I want to stay on my phone. What is done on my pc, I want to stay on my pc. I do not want the two to combine info of what I am doing on either gadget. So, I googled on my pc on how to stop my phone from invading my pc and there were answers but none made sense. It said to go into my phone in Setting and click UNSYNC. Well, there is no such thing in my android. I looked everywhere. I did ask me if I wanted to delete google and my gmail. I don't want to delete either one. I want it to NOT SHOW UP on my pc if I am using it on my PHONE and vice versa.

Can anyone tell me how to do this in laymans terms...like, you are speaking to a real dumb ass that this dumb ass can understand?

In short....

PHONE is for PHONE USE when I am not near my pc.

PC is for PC use when I don't want to use my phone.

Two SEPARATE entities.

This gadgetry makes me batshit crazy cuz I don't GET IT!!

Help?

And don't tell me to shoot either one. Thats what one smartass said to someone else that asked the same question. :lol:

I don't do FB at all...and I don't tweet from my phone, only my pc.

Under settings - personal - accounts & sync - uncheck sync automatically. I don't know how to undo the prior syncs but that's how I got my Android phone to stop doing that. Bonus: better battery life.

I was fucking around last night in my gmail and to my surprise..it had all the pics I took from my phone in my gmail photo album. I never made a photo album in gmail cuz I don't use it at all.

I am looking at my phone now. Under personal is:
Display
Sound and Notification
Security
Navigation Key
Date and Time
Language and Input
Google

So...how do I get my phone number OFF twitter? I can give them a backup email instead of my phone.

Phones are supposed to be PHONES. PCs are supposed to sit on a desk or your lap. They two should never have sex. :lol:
Now I can't separate them.

I use metropcs....which is where I got this phone. Nice one, but..I kinda miss a plain ol flip phone. Howsomever....I guess I can drive to Chico to the Metro PCS store and ask them to unsync it for me.

I finally found how to delete my phone number from twitter. But I don't think it will work on separating the two. HOwever, its a start.

Thanks you guys for the help.

Oh, its probably buried in there somewhere. I just can't find it and I'm afraid to "delete" anything cuz then my phone probably won't work. So..I will leave it for now and wait til I can get to the Metro store.
But thank you for trying to help me. :)

Oh, its probably buried in there somewhere. I just can't find it and I'm afraid to "delete" anything cuz then my phone probably won't work. So..I will leave it for now and wait til I can get to the Metro store.
But thank you for trying to help me. :)
Like Blie said it's most likely in Google settings however I have no clue how to even find it on a phone. If the phone is relatively new then you don't have much data on it so you could always do a factory reset, any setting that were user changed will disappear but so will all contacts and anything you might have installed on the phone yourself. That would definitely fix the problem.

Forum List

Back