Unsubscribe

1. I am also a member of Next Door.

2. As I understand it, the main purpose of it is to let neighbors share ideas about good restaurants, lost dogs, etc. It also allows victims of crime to vent.

3. I personally agree that "controversial" topics should be avoided.

a. Some people, in fact, object to letting members vent about crime, for they feel that it indirectly fans "racism."

b. During the recent looting here in Los Angeles, one member posted that a local market had reportedly been completely cleaned out by looters. A few hours later, the post had been deleted. It seems that the poster had been completely wrong about the rumor that s/he had heard.

As the saying goes, if you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. So maybe Next Door should stick to harmless topics ("Can someone recommend a good plumber?"). There are many discussion online forums where a person may blow off steam about political matters.

Yet, many on the right approve of government thugs beating up and kidnap demonstrators.

They arrest them, they don't kidnap them.

There would be no point in kidnapping them. No one would pay the ransom.
Plain-clothed "cops" stuffing a woman into an unmarked van. Who's running the country? Stalin?

I'm pretty sure they had plain-clothes cops and unmarked cars even before President Trump was elected.

I've seen it in old movies.
Again, not funny. And if you think that that was ok, you're a pretty nasty person.

Yet, many on the right approve of government thugs beating up and kidnap demonstrators.

Plain-clothed "cops" stuffing a woman into an unmarked van. Who's running the country? Stalin?

I'm pretty sure they had plain-clothes cops and unmarked cars even before President Trump was elected.

i have seen it in person. im almost positive many here have to and never even knew. mine hspoened at an airport.

put that way it just sounds gay. im sure she was just standing there holding a candle.
Ya, but we used to only see shit like that in places like China, not the US. It's sad.

not really. its pretty common. and here the woman was likely driven a block away to a van where they were writing tickets. its not like shebwas bent over a rail and given a public ass whipping lime pussy riot got. these protesters neet to stop being such pussys.

i have seen it in person. im almost positive many here have to and never even knew. mine hspoened at an airport.

put that way it just sounds gay. im sure she was just standing there holding a candle.
Ya, but we used to only see shit like that in places like China, not the US. It's sad.

not really. its pretty common. and here the woman was likely driven a block away to a van where they were writing tickets. its not like shebwas bent over a rail and given a public ass whipping lime pussy riot got. these protesters neet to stop being such pussys.
That was reminiscent of footage of broken down dictatorships that they think are losing control of their country. I guess we're there!

A). The Feds were not "plain-clothed."
B). What difference does it make if the vans were marked. They were probably rentals. So long as THEY know where they were going. Put another way, has ONE PERSON been reported MISSING?

im sure she was just standing there holding a candle.

Holding it to fuse ... but, still, just holding a candle.
Again, not funny.

comenon man. herw os how my thing went. cops came up. o knew i was going tocbe checked out. theycdidnhave id, just not prominantly displayed. thwunwere polite and checked my ID, and after they fiund i wasnt who they thought i was. never even had to putboutnmy ciggertte and they even gave me their cards incaseni wanted to complain. socwhay was she doing when she was snatched? digninto it some then imagine itngoing on a block from your house.

I belong to NextDoor also, but don't participate much. It is more to see local issues, but it is just another PC, SJW, Woke Fest. They will aggressively censor anything remotely questioning the Woke mantra and like all Social Media delete any conservative leaning posts and users. I opted out of receive their emails but still get them. They are just more Marxist idiots.

I personally agree that "controversial" topics should be avoided. So maybe Next Door should stick to harmless topics

BALONEY. Who gets to decide what is "controversial?" Is questioning whether school taxes will be lower in a year where no schools actually operated controversial? Who gets to decide what is "harmless?" EVERY topic harms someone if they disagree with it.

It's not politics to discuss issues which affect people locally: taxes, restrictions, closures, laws, requirements, etc. And I was attacked at least 30 times there. Seems attacking me never violated any of their policies of fairness, helpfulness or freedom from hate, only my asking the questions they didn't want to have to face.

You enjoy your "Next Door." Even the name is a lie.

Again, not funny.

comenon man. herw os how my thing went. cops came up. o knew i was going tocbe checked out. theycdidnhave id, just not prominantly displayed. thwunwere polite and checked my ID, and after they fiund i wasnt who they thought i was. never even had to putboutnmy ciggertte and they even gave me their cards incaseni wanted to complain. socwhay was she doing when she was snatched? digninto it some then imagine itngoing on a block from your house.
You shouldn't drink this earlier in the day.

Again, not funny.

You shouldn't drink this earlier in the day.
This isn't The Rubber Room. Take your trolling elsewhere if you have nothing to add to the topic.

I belong to Nextdoor and here is what their website says is their mission statement:

“It's where communities come together to keep a local shopkeeper in business. Where neighbors exchange recommendations for babysitters, plans for local events, and tips about what to order at that new cafe down the street. Where local agencies connect with neighbors in need. Welcome to Nextdoor”.

Sounds like you are the one going off the deep end.

Stick to bloviating on USMB or writing letters to the editor.

But for heaven‘s sake, leave those other poor people alone who are just trying to locate a good babysitter!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back