University of Denver prof forces students to recite his Anti-American Pledge of Allegiance

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Why do we even have these crappy liberal arts classes at our public schools? Schools should teach STEM only - those are the only useful subjects.

College prof makes students recite anti-American pledge of allegiance Fox News

dec 8 2014
If you sign up for Denver college professor Charles Angeletti's American Civilization class, be forewarned that you're going to have to recite his invective-filled 'New Pledge' -- and according to some of his students, also be ready to swallow a big helping of his politics.

Angeletti, who teaches at Metropolitan State University of Denver, has students learn an anti-American spoof of the Pledge of Allegiance that denounces the U.S. as a Republican-controlled bastion of injustice, all while spewing his own far-left brand of politics, according to current and former students.

“I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American,” reads Angeletti's version. “And to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you, if you don't watch your step.”

A student from Angeletti’s class told Campus Reform that the flier was handed out to the entire class and all students were required to recite it.

Officials at Metropolitan State University of Denver did not immediately return requests for comment. The 24,000-student school has the second-highest undergraduate enrollment in the state

• Banned
Liberals hate america. Most obvious thing in the world. Bet this loser is paid $100,000 or so each year provided by the working white americans he so despises. Let him start a school in the ghetto and see how much blacks will pay him.

And yet, the rabid RWs say they believe in individual freedom and in the Constitution.

They say that - right up until its time to prove it.

And yet, the rabid RWs say they believe in individual freedom and in the Constitution.

Hey loonybird. The constitution never says anything about education. Do some research you miserable america-hating wretch.

Education is the great equalizer, so of course, so-OF-FUCKING-COURSE, the rightwing/Republicans hate education...

Education has been left to the disparate whims of the states. Without a Constitutional mandate the Southern states have never committed to the educational infrastructure it takes to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Without a Constitutional mandate for education, the United States - dragged toward the bottom by Southern States, has fallen behind much of the rest of the world...

Why Doesn't the Constitution Guarantee the Right to Education?

Every country that outperforms the U.S. has a
constitutional or statutory commitment
to this right.
Stephen LurieOct 16 2013

<snip>

...the United States education system sits at 17th place out of 40 countries

<snip>

Each of the countries ahead of the U.S. has a fundamental commitment in common, one that the America doesn’t: a constitutional, or statutory, guarantee of the right to education. By centralizing education as a key focus of the state, these countries establish baseline requirements that set the frame for policy and judicial challenges, as well as contribute to what the Pearson report calls a “culture” of education: where “the cultural assumptions and values surrounding an education system do more to support or undermine it than the system can do on its own.”

<snip>

They say that - right up until its time to prove it.
It is not freedom when the professor FORCES his students to read it and threatens their grades if they do not mouth his ignorance.

This thread is just another example of rightwing pissants making stuff up. Nowhere in the article is Professor Angeletti quoted as saying students are forced to recite, what Angeletti calls a "satirical pledge". Nor does Fox offer any evidence that students are required to do anything other than think/debate politics in his class.

My takeaway from Fox's BS article is; Professor Angeletti will challenge any and all students but-----but conservative students are so weak, whiny and ill informed that they are reduced to pissing themselves because the Professor is able to argue against their unsupported rightwing media driven take on politics. Typical whiny rightwing/Republican BS.

Why do we even have these crappy liberal arts classes at our public schools? Schools should teach STEM only - those are the only useful subjects.

College prof makes students recite anti-American pledge of allegiance Fox News

dec 8 2014
If you sign up for Denver college professor Charles Angeletti's American Civilization class, be forewarned that you're going to have to recite his invective-filled 'New Pledge' -- and according to some of his students, also be ready to swallow a big helping of his politics.

Angeletti, who teaches at Metropolitan State University of Denver, has students learn an anti-American spoof of the Pledge of Allegiance that denounces the U.S. as a Republican-controlled bastion of injustice, all while spewing his own far-left brand of politics, according to current and former students.

“I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American,” reads Angeletti's version. “And to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you, if you don't watch your step.”

A student from Angeletti’s class told Campus Reform that the flier was handed out to the entire class and all students were required to recite it.

Officials at Metropolitan State University of Denver did not immediately return requests for comment. The 24,000-student school has the second-highest undergraduate enrollment in the state

Here is the problem with your rant. I have seen conservatives on these forums berate blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminists, immigrants (illegal or legal) and more. I have seen the rant against people for not standing and reciting the pledge. It seems to me that this prof nailed you and your ilk pretty well.

From former students verified at rate my professors

Delivers his own jaded and poorly informed agenda disguised as educational transmission. An attempt to twist and distort historical reality not teach. Perhaps this professor is capable of excellent work , but it is certainly not in education and he should seek another career. The most generous comment I can make concerning his ability is useless.

like most students i know im fairly progressive but Prof. Angeletti is pretty openly anti-america. Spends most of his time ranting so lectures are useless

Class is all over the place, but super easy A, it's entertaining since he's kinda crazy, but if you interact be ready to argue with them (him and his T.A.'s) take it if you want an easy A, and you do learn a bit, he's also against pretty much everything to do with America.

From former students verified at rate my professors

Delivers his own jaded and poorly informed agenda disguised as educational transmission. An attempt to twist and distort historical reality not teach. Perhaps this professor is capable of excellent work , but it is certainly not in education and he should seek another career. The most generous comment I can make concerning his ability is useless.

like most students i know im fairly progressive but Prof. Angeletti is pretty openly anti-america. Spends most of his time ranting so lectures are useless

Class is all over the place, but super easy A, it's entertaining since he's kinda crazy, but if you interact be ready to argue with them (him and his T.A.'s) take it if you want an easy A, and you do learn a bit, he's also against pretty much everything to do with America.

People that want boring, repetitive, robotron, cookie cutter children/students adults can send their children to Pepperdine, Liberty, or Regent but-----but parents that want their children/students to learn how to think on the fly, handle life's impromptu situations and think outside the box - should send their children to schools that not only challenge their children's intellect but also challenge their morals, values, ethics and indoctrinated dogma, should send their children to schools that have teachers/professors like Professor Angeletti and...

As this thread illustrates, rightwingers/Republicans are so fearful of having their fact-free beliefs challenged that when an educator challenges them, they go into panic mode and start a campaign to demonize the messenger.

As we all know, conservatives know what they know only because they know it - education blows their cover.

Forum List

Back