Univ. of Connecticut designating dorms "BLACK MALE ONLY"

More black privilege along with all the affirmative action admissions and scholarships and grading blacks get.

UConn officials explain thinking behind African American male-only section of dorm

jan 28 3016 A living space under construction on the University of Connecticut's campus is also under fire.

It will be called SCHOLA2RS House, and is a UConn learning community meant specifically for African American males.

Users of the popular website Reddit heard about the concept and some are not happy about it. Online commenters are calling SCHOLA2RS House "racially segregated housing." Others ask where the "Caucasian Learning Center" is.

It's left organizers on the defending an idea that was meant to be pro-active.

So they want mini ghettos on campus now?

If blacks want segregation again I say we give it to them

Believe it or not back when I attended UConn in the 80's, there was essentially a negro only dorm that was shared with white chicks who attended our parties. The negros would be marching around outside Sunday in the AM after we tried to remember the names of the chicks whose beds we shared. They were so outnumbered then they minded their racist business without bothering actual students and fornicators. :redface:

Last edited:
It's an amazing turn around to have blacks demand segregation at college.

I thought the whole point of AA was having more diversity.
The Democrat liberals are in favor of this new setup as demonstrated by their lack of outrage here. Who would have thought the Democrats would succeed in bringing back the "Colored Only" signs, but they got their wish.

It's 2016. Amazing.

Last edited:
Believe it or not back when I attended UConn in the 80's, there was essentially a negro only dorm that was shared with white chicks who attended our parties. The negros would be marching around outside Sunday in the AM after we tried to remember the names of the chicks whose beds we shared. They were so outnumbered then they minded their racist business without bothering actual students and fornicators. :redface:
Wow...you must be a wild and crazy guy to have your way with the white women and their big breasts!

The Democrat liberals are in favor of this new setup as demonstrated by their lack of outrage here. Who would have thought the Democrats would succeed in bringing back the "Colored Only" signs, but they got their wish.

It's 2016. Amazing.
I'm outraged alright, but it's at Shoot Speeders for his/her ignorant opinion of the black race. If only people like Shoot Speeders would evolve a bit, we could stop with all this P.C. bullshit and extra support programs for blacks. Until then, folks who believe in EQUALITY will be annoying a lot of racists.

Saw another article on this. UCONN says it's a space for black males to share experiences and be around others of the same background.

Well shit....maybe white suburban males need a safe space to share how it feels to be blamed for everything, to have so many people saying you don't deserve what you have, to be the one group everyone can make fun of without consequences, etc etc, etc....basically be treated how blacks were at one time.

Nah. That would be racist.
When I started college I was in my mid-30's, and that was considered NonTraditional in a big way in 1989, at least on my campus. We had our own acronym, special meetings to vent and support each other, tea with the Dean--all sorts of stuff. It helped a bit with our being 'different.' I see no difference here with a VOLUNTARY program for black students. It has nothing whatever to do with segregation.

It's 2016. Amazing.
I'm outraged alright, but it's at Shoot Speeders for his/her ignorant opinion of the black race. If only people like Shoot Speeders would evolve a bit, we could stop with all this P.C. bullshit and extra support programs for blacks. Until then, folks who believe in EQUALITY will be annoying a lot of racists.

EQUALITY would mean there is going to also be a group for white males only.

I'm outraged alright, but it's at Shoot Speeders for his/her ignorant opinion of the black race. If only people like Shoot Speeders would evolve a bit, we could stop with all this P.C. bullshit and extra support programs for blacks. Until then, folks who believe in EQUALITY will be annoying a lot of racists
How does one promote EQUALITY standing behind a "Colored Only" sign? Shoot Speeder isn't corralling the blacks; it's the democrat party. Ideology they've maintained since the slavery days.

What are blacks even doing in college? They don't have the brains to learn anything useful like IT or physics. They get degrees in useless easy crap like African Studies or Theology.

wtf is wrong with you?

Black people were not usually allowed to acquire formal education during the slavery era. As a matter of fact, various laws were passed in the South disallowing slave literacy in the wake of the slave rebellions and revolts. Nevertheless countless black scientists and inventors have made significant contributions to society and humanity.

15 Famous Black Scientists in History

It's 2016. Amazing.

EQUALITY would mean there is going to also be a group for white males only.
Why would the dominant, majority group need a special space? But if they want one, fine. What's the problem? You will notice in the article that there are already many groups formed for different groups. I think the white boy groups are called Fraternities, aren't they?

More black privilege along with all the affirmative action admissions and scholarships and grading blacks get.

UConn officials explain thinking behind African American male-only section of dorm

jan 28 3016 A living space under construction on the University of Connecticut's campus is also under fire.

It will be called SCHOLA2RS House, and is a UConn learning community meant specifically for African American males.

Users of the popular website Reddit heard about the concept and some are not happy about it. Online commenters are calling SCHOLA2RS House "racially segregated housing." Others ask where the "Caucasian Learning Center" is.

It's left organizers on the defending an idea that was meant to be pro-active.

to me it looks like the leftists once again

are slipping in a segregation policy

I'm outraged alright, but it's at Shoot Speeders for his/her ignorant opinion of the black race. If only people like Shoot Speeders would evolve a bit, we could stop with all this P.C. bullshit and extra support programs for blacks. Until then, folks who believe in EQUALITY will be annoying a lot of racists
How does one promote EQUALITY standing behind a "Colored Only" sign? Shoot Speeder isn't corralling the blacks; it's the democrat party. Ideology they've maintained since the slavery days.
Are you hurt they won't let you in? You are wilfully ignorning why this "group" was formed and what it's for. I expected no more from any of you, actually.

When I started college I was in my mid-30's, and that was considered NonTraditional in a big way in 1989, at least on my campus. We had our own acronym, special meetings to vent and support each other, tea with the Dean--all sorts of stuff. It helped a bit with our being 'different.' I see no difference here with a VOLUNTARY program for black students. It has nothing whatever to do with segregation.

yeah, same type of thing really...

"The vision I think some people have in their head is different than what it is actually going to be," said Ouimette of the segregation allegations.

"I think it's great that we have that sort of diversity on campus that we're able to have learning communities for all sorts of interests."

SCHOLA2RS House will be housed within a more than 200,000-square-foot dorm. The men of that learning community will roam the halls with almost 700 other students.

SCHOLA2RS House, and is a UConn learning community meant specifically for African American males. SCHOLA2RS House--which stands for scholastic house of leaders who are African American researchers and scholars--is set to be housed inside NextGen Hall, which is scheduled to open in fall 2016.

"African American males graduate at a lower rate than their peers," said Dr. Erik Hines. "So the University of Connecticut was forward-thinking in bringing a solution to this issue."

Hines is an assistant professor of educational psychology at UConn. He will serve as faculty advisor to the 40 or so students involved with the SCHOLA2RS House. He points to statistics from 2012 that shows the graduation rate for all UConn students was 82.5 percent. The graduation rate for African American males was only 54 percent that year.

Unlike many here, I read the article. The OP misrepresents the facts. How unusual!

Ok please tell. Did or did not UCONN create a section for black males only?

A section?

What was inaccurate about his post?

I read his and several others. Uconn is segregating a part of its campus.

No it isn't. You need to read again.

So they're gonna let white males into "SCHOLA2RS"?

Forum List

Back