United Nations Caves to Russia, Won't Let Staff Refer to Ukraine "Invasion" or "War"

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I pray our Republican President in 2025 withdraws our membership and turns the UN site into a park.

In its email to staff, the organization said its senior officials believe using the words "invasion" or "war" would put the organization at "reputational risk."

I pray our Republican President in 2025 withdraws our membership and turns the UN site into a park.

In its email to staff, the organization said its senior officials believe using the words "invasion" or "war" would put the organization at "reputational risk."

Totally agree:

US out of UN, like we used to see painted on barns all over the country.

Total failure, just like the League of Nations. Note that the sanctions are being put on by the U.S. and EU/NATO, not the UN. We may be able to do collective security via sanctions, not war, the dream of the League of Nations, but not through the UN, that's clear.

I can understand why the UN doesn't get involved in Ukraine. They only like raping young black African girls, not Christian white girls.

Well, what would anyone call an invasion or war if they won't use those words???? Darn. Germany's "overstepping" the Belgian border in 1914? Germany's "self-defense" against Poland in 1939?

Darn. I hate the word-twisting that goes on these days. I'm not playing. This is a war after invasion.

Or rounding up thousands of Rwandans to be slaughtered by machete.
That at least wasn't the UN "peacekeepers" ------

That was the Hootsies massacring the Tootsies ---- and I so don't care. The last thing anyone here needs to do is get interested in the wall-to-wall wars in Africa. It's China's turn to try to get them under control, and they have taken it on, and I wish them well of it, as if.

That at least wasn't the UN "peacekeepers" ------

That was the Hootsies massacring the Tootsies ---- and I so don't care. The last thing anyone here needs to do is get interested in the wall-to-wall wars in Africa. It's China's turn to try to get them under control, and they have taken it on, and I wish them well of it, as if.
The UN rounded up the locals saying they’d be protected.
Then the UN troops withdrew leaving them to be slaughtered.

Bosnia? Because that did happen there. Was a disgrace back then...Until Clinton who had abandoned our forces in Somalia finally pulled the trigger there.

Oh, yeah, I remember that! It was those Belgians (they used to own all that, so it was a previous-colony thing). And some of them got chopped up with machetes, from the feet up, in layers. After which the rest went back to Belgium, not surprisingly. I don't blame them for that.

So freaking pathetic, the UN was dreamed up, by esteemed Ivy League diplomats, to prevent this very issue, what a joke, worthless as the League of Nations. Just another example how theory fails to pass muster in the real world.

Forum List

Back