Union workers told to go and listen to tramp or forgo overtime pay

Strange. Unions are largely libreral and would never be pressed into going to a Trump rally.
I was a union official. I can't imagine a circumstance under which union members were being forced or cajoled into going to Donald Trump's rally.
You know Eric, that makes sense. I have seen this reported, and as I understand it, the reports say 'no overtime' which runs about $700 per day I heard. And this IS Royal Dutch Shell, a eco-besieged company. But your post makes me pause and reconsider. I'm going to wait for more confirmation before passing this kind of story on to others.

The choice for thousands of union workers at Royal Dutch Shell’s petrochemical plant in Beaver County was to either spend Tuesday standing in a giant hall waiting for President Donald Trump to speak, or to take the day off with no pay.

“Your attendance is not mandatory,” read the rules that Shell sent to union leaders a day ahead of the visit to the $6 billion construction site. But only those that showed up at 7 a.m., scanned their cards, and prepared to stand for hours — through lunch but without lunch — would be paid.

“NO SCAN, NO PAY,” the rules said.

Those that decided to sit out the event would have an excused absence, the company said, and would not qualify for overtime pay on Friday. The company has a 56-hour workweek with 16 hours of overtime. That means those workers who attended Mr. Trump’s speech and showed up for work on Friday meeting the overtime threshold are being paid at a rate of time and a half, while those that didn’t go to hear the president are being paid the regular rate, despite the fact that both groups did not do work on the site on Tuesday.
snip
“No yelling, shouting, protesting or anything viewed as resistance will be tolerated at the event,” the paper read. “An underlying theme of the event is to promote good will from the unions. Your building trades leaders and jobs stewards have agreed to this.”

Mr. Trump received a generally warm and at times cheerful welcome at Shell, where he talked about his political grievances and name-called opponents as much as he praised the natural gas extracted in Appalachia, which will be processed at the Shell plant into plastic pellets.

He also called out union leadership, which Shell had requested to be in attendance.

“I’m going to speak to some of your union leaders to say, ‘I hope you’re going to support Trump.’ OK?” he said. “And if they don’t, vote them the hell out of office because they’re not doing their job.”

Trump's large union crowd at Shell was given the option of not showing up — and not getting paid
-----------------------------------------------
Forced attendance if you want to get paid for overtime.

They were given an incentive. Not coercive. Not like they were paid to ride a bus and protest somebody.

The choice for thousands of union workers at Royal Dutch Shell’s petrochemical plant in Beaver County was to either spend Tuesday standing in a giant hall waiting for President Donald Trump to speak, or to take the day off with no pay.

“Your attendance is not mandatory,” read the rules that Shell sent to union leaders a day ahead of the visit to the $6 billion construction site. But only those that showed up at 7 a.m., scanned their cards, and prepared to stand for hours — through lunch but without lunch — would be paid.

Those that decided to sit out the event would have an excused absence, the company said, and would not qualify for overtime pay on Friday. The company has a 56-hour workweek with 16 hours of overtime. That means those workers who attended Mr. Trump’s speech and showed up for work on Friday meeting the overtime threshold are being paid at a rate of time and a half, while those that didn’t go to hear the president are being paid the regular rate, despite the fact that both groups did not do work on the site on Tuesday.
snip
“No yelling, shouting, protesting or anything viewed as resistance will be tolerated at the event,” the paper read. “An underlying theme of the event is to promote good will from the unions. Your building trades leaders and jobs stewards have agreed to this.”

Mr. Trump received a generally warm and at times cheerful welcome at Shell, where he talked about his political grievances and name-called opponents as much as he praised the natural gas extracted in Appalachia, which will be processed at the Shell plant into plastic pellets.

He also called out union leadership, which Shell had requested to be in attendance.

“I’m going to speak to some of your union leaders to say, ‘I hope you’re going to support Trump.’ OK?” he said. “And if they don’t, vote them the hell out of office because they’re not doing their job.”

Trump's large union crowd at Shell was given the option of not showing up — and not getting paid
Your link is not working and is total BS...maybe the rag pulled it because it was BS...

The link for me but like Ringle said no one was forced to go, so I do not get the outrage...
It's Penelope........ nuff said........

snip

Your link is not working and is total BS...maybe the rag pulled it because it was BS...

The link for me but like Ringle said no one was forced to go, so I do not get the outrage...
"Attend this or take a pay cut" is being forced to go.
:rofl:

snip

It's owned by G.B.

snip

So your a little bitch with no skills to just push your tool box down the street and get another job?

snip

GM......mark of excellence! Bwhaaaaaa!

Why should this surprise anyone? Remember when the mine workers were told they had to attend a Trump rally while he was campaigning? How about all those people he paid 50 bucks each to cheer him on when he announced his campaign? No, it's not Trump himself who is forcing them to attend, but apparently, he likes people who force their workers to attend his rallies.

More tit-less WAVE propaganda! No links and no proof provided!

Are you afraid that if Trump gets reelected, he will make the military take away your retirement pay for being a brainless twit?

snip

It's owned by G.B.

WTF is G. B?

Look at the name of the company. I happen to own a very microscopic piece of it!

snip

"Attend this or you're fired" is being forced to go.....instead they could have a paid day off

snip

It's owned by G.B.

WTF is G. B?

Look at the name of the company. I happen to own a very microscopic piece of it!

It's British petroleum.. you numb skull

snip

Shit if youre a trump supporter ......get paid to go see him ...WIN WIN

is that like handing out cartons of newports and 50 dollar bills to ******* and spics in the brooklyn projects on voting day?

snip

So your a little bitch with no skills to just push your tool box down the street and get another job?
"You're" incorrect.

snip

"Attend this or you're fired" is being forced to go.....instead they could have a paid day off
No. If they took the day off it was unpaid.

Forum List

Back