Unified European Language.

They aren't unified in anything else, really, I highly doubt they would ever agree on one unified language. too many people who are proud of their linguistic heritage (as i think they should be).

Though I think the obvious candidates would be Latin or German.

They aren't unified in anything else, really, I highly doubt they would ever agree on one unified language. too many people who are proud of their linguistic heritage (as i think they should be).

Though I think the obvious candidates would be Latin or German.

I don't think any dead language would be an "obvious candidate."

A dead language is not necessarily dead because it was not good enough. Language is a major part of what defines a culture and sometimes a culture is militarily defeated and along with it goes the language.

I think it's far more likely that those companies that do business with other EU nations have either corporate officers or translators on their staffs who speak several languages and who will help them to better communicate with their neighboring but foreign clients/vendors.

Well, let's face it - like it or not, English has become the universal language for business, technology, science, medicine and several other areas to include aviation.

:eusa_angel:

Will Europe develop a unified language for schools, local government, and business? India has successfully implemented the English language in this fashion, and unified. Even the nation states within the EU selected a national language and implemented it. Will the EU succeed to select and implement such a unified pan-European language?

They tried that with Esperanto....Esperanto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

went nowhere.....

Side post - every once in a while, I do a search for news sources from various countries. I have NEVER

I often do searches for news sources for various countries. I have never gone to one and found it lacking an English version!

English is the ideal choice.
Apart from the minor fact that most international trade is in English anyway, we stole words from most other European languages so the garlic chewing surrender monkeys and squareheads should have no problems learning it.

Will Europe develop a unified language for schools, local government, and business? India has successfully implemented the English language in this fashion, and unified. Even the nation states within the EU selected a national language and implemented it. Will the EU succeed to select and implement such a unified pan-European language?

No...for the same reason that the United States is politically unable to enforce English only...the multicultural factions must not be alienated.

But if the EU does adopt a standard language, I hope the ick-pay ig-pay atin-lay.

English is the ideal choice.
Apart from the minor fact that most international trade is in English anyway, we stole words from most other European languages so the garlic chewing surrender monkeys and squareheads should have no problems learning it.

English didn't "steal" words from other languages, the English had new words imposed on them every time someone new kicked their asses.

Forum List

Back