Undocumented Dad Taken by ICE While Dropping Kids Off At School

Source: ABC 7 Chicago
LOS ANGELES -- While being dropped off at school with her sisters, 13-year-old Fatima Avelica recorded her undocumented father being picked up by agents with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Romulo Avelica-Gonzalez had been in the country for 20 years with four children, two of which are grown.

The ICE officials, who wore police jackets, took the 48-year-old father into custody as he dropped his girls off at school in Highland Park on Tuesday.

"It's really hard what we're going through," Avelica-Gonzalez's daughter Brenda Avelica said. "I never thought we'd actually go through something like this. It's terrible to feel and see your family being broken apart."

Read more: Undocumented dad taken by ICE while dropping kids off at school

Poor kid. :(

It's a shame when criminals are arrested by the authorities.
No doubt, you'll care for his kids when he's deported.

I'm a progressive

There is nothing progressive about not blaming the father in this scenario...

That's like cooking meth out back and being upset the cops took you away. Irrelevant if the law is right or wrong...You knew this could happen.

Illegal immigration is not conducive to having a bigger social safety net or anything else I want for my children.

Trump's doing all this to preserve his only supporters, the Alt-Right.

thats the biggest piece of fake news ever! his supporters make up half the country, from all walks of life. Probably some of your friends voted for him as well, but just didn't want to tell you

We've already found them jobs ...

2EEC9B7100000578-0-image-m-50_1448893671267.jpg

LOS ANGELES -- While being dropped off at school with her sisters, 13-year-old Fatima Avelica recorded her undocumented father being picked up by agents with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Romulo Avelica-Gonzalez had been in the country for 20 years with four children, two of which are grown.

The ICE officials, who wore police jackets, took the 48-year-old father into custody as he dropped his girls off at school in Highland Park on Tuesday.

"It's really hard what we're going through," Avelica-Gonzalez's daughter Brenda Avelica said. "I never thought we'd actually go through something like this. It's terrible to feel and see your family being broken apart."

Tragic. Shoulda taken the kids too.

he can take his kid with him

Correction..

Dad was a criminal

Adios Amigos

-Geaux

he can take his kid with him
But, he was a Hillary voter!

Daddy shouldn't have started a family KNOWING he was here illegally and could be deported. Its called BEING RESPONSIBLE.

Supposedly Obama deported more than anyone else.

Where were all these threads then?

Forum List

Back