under McCarthy's leadership, zero House Republicans expected to vote for Biden's "bipartisan" infrastructure bill

I didn't get too far along into the linked article. I'm not much for these political party games played in Washington and sure wish we had those of independent mindset running for office.

Totally agree that there is no hope in Washington. The parties spend their time playing political checkers and chess against one another, while concerns of Americans are just game pieces on the playing board.

Just wondering.....
If I borrowed $100 from any of you and told you I needed it to pay my electric bill... and you see that I spent $96 on beer, dinner out for myself and a few DVD's... and paid $4 on my electric bill.... would you be mad? Would you accept me saying I used it to pay the electric bill??

Because, essentially that is what you are doing now with Biden's "infrastructure" bill.

This will kill them in the next election. People approve of infrastructure over any other spending besides defense.
oh sure...
just like the rules 4 thee and not me scum demonRATS
not the issue on the border due 2 the scum demonRATS
not for the shit show in Afghanistan due to the scum demonRATS
not for the scum demonRATS lying on a daily basis
do you need more examples, of what will kill them in the next election, moron?

• Banned
this is good legislation. keep grinding at it, Dems. keep pushin'!

The democrats are not going to get that voting rights bill through the Senate, that won't happen. They are also not going to get the $3.5 trillion spending bill either, at least not as it is now and not for that much money. It'll be interesting to see how much gets stripped out in the Senate and how much the Senate parliamentarian decides is not germane to infrastructure.

They already passed the bipartisan infrastructure bill through the Senate, but will the House Progressives allow it to pass? Who knows, maybe we end up with nothing.

The GOP had failed the last twenty years to do infrastructure and they still get elected.
But there's a difference between not doing infrastructure and blocking certain, done-deal infrastructure. People are waiting for these jobs and economic boost. They're going to be pissed if Republicans keep them from getting it - if the Democrats can get the message right. And I think with groups like The Lincoln Project helping to make clarifying ads they will.

Forum List

Back