Ukraine recognizes as Japanese territory islands also claimed by Moscow

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
As I advised, Great Move Brothers , and This is a Great counterattack from Ukraine !

1665256435679.png

• Love
Reactions: xyz
What would Russia want with a bunch of teeny tiny islands?
Welll...about 110 years ago---they wanted them a lot...but after the Japanese sank their fleet--they kinda gave up on them. At the very end of WWII Stalin saw the chance to grab some turf and avenge the earlier defeat..so he declared war and snatched the Kurils. the Shimoda treaty of 1945gives the southern islands to The Soviet Union, the US holds that there is no Soviet Union and the islands belong to Japan.
Putin says fuck you , they're mine~

as far as i understated, those 4 islands are not Kurils, they are The Northern Territories

The Northern Territories consist of four islands located off the northeast coast of the Nemuro Peninsula of Hokkaido. They are: Habomai, Shikotan, Kunashiri and Etorofu.
The Northern Territories are not included in the Kurile Islands.

as far as i understated, those 4 islands are not Kurils, they are The Northern Territories

The Northern Territories consist of four islands located off the northeast coast of the Nemuro Peninsula of Hokkaido. They are: Habomai, Shikotan, Kunashiri and Etorofu. The Northern Territories are not included in the Kurile Islands.

But they are...it's a political distinction that needs to made...as the Kurile were ceded to soviet union in Treaty. Thus the name change to Northern Territories for the southern part of the Kurile Islands.

But they are...it's a political distinction that needs to made...as the Kurile were ceded to soviet union in Treaty. Thus the name change to Northern Territories for the southern part of the Kurile Islands.
Iturup (Etorofu) Island is 60% Ukrainian.
One thing I learned from this is that Japan really likes surprise attacks on ports. "Vladivostok" is a soft target :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Forum List

Back