UK royal family

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Do they have any political power anymore? Some British say they do not need a royal family anymore. Others disagree.

They don't have any real political power. The Queen sits in one of the Seats of Parliament, I don't know which.

They are, essentially, wards of the State.

However, the Brits do love their Royalty.

Do you have the video of the royals and then the quasi royals (jerkyjohnson, london mayer, tony blair and his hag wife and a couple others/the meg and harrythepuss/etc) walking up the steps for one of the jubilee events The brits are not happy with many of these folk and they let them know it.The Royals and quasi royal ignored the crowd's boos/wouldn't look at them/pretended they didn't hear the boos/and had stress smiles plastered on their insipid faces. LOLOL They better damn well hope the anglish don't go apeship like the frenchies did.

I wonder what the British taxpayer cost is to maintaining the monarchy? My guess is the British people would be much better served by giving the "Royals" and their support staff the boot and using that money for positive purposes.

Do they have any political power anymore? Some British say they do not need a royal family anymore. Others disagree.

They are good for tourism and tabloid sales, but that seems to be about it.

I wonder what the British taxpayer cost is to maintaining the monarchy? My guess is the British people would be much better served by giving the "Royals" and their support staff the boot and using that money for positive purposes.
You have the Crown estate, so the various Royal properties, land etc.. bring in 'x' amount per year, the profits go to the treasury. I think that's around £200m+ per year. The Royals cost £86m each year, so you have a net worth of some £120m already. But the big part is, the Tourism Board states tourism due to the Royals is some £550m, other sources reckon it's over a billion The Royal brand is estimated to be worth £70bn ($100bn).

Imagine you owned a company that's valued at £70bn, it's sales are £700m+ per year and the costs are £86m per year. Would you close it down?

Yes, they do. They just don't use it. Mostly because they know if they do use it, they'll get kicked out of Buckingham Palace, UNLESS it's something most people agree on, which isn't very often. Like if the queen overruled the PM who said he was going to sell the country to the Chinese or something.

Forum List

Back