UK fears polygamy

Sounds good.....as long as they deport the excess 75% of single Muslim men.

Why?

Young Muslim men walking around are bad enough, making 75% of them permanently single because of polygamy is just asking for trouble.

There are going to be single men with or without polygamy. There are plenty of non-Muslim Brits who are into polygamy. This is not just a Muslim issue. The bottom line is you do not get to decide what other consenting adults should do or not do with their lives as long as they do not harm anyone. That is my humble opinion. I personally think polygamy is not feasibly for average men. Also, I doubt many women will find the idea appealing.

I think if five consenting Britons decide to enter a love pentagon then it is their right to do so

Rise in Sharia marriages prompts polygamy fears - Telegraph

We already have laws against polygamy in the UK and we can expect more when the cap on benefits is reduced. If they marry outside the UK in a state that allows polygamy there is nothing we can do, but let them try to get married in the UK as well and they will be charged with bigamy. They will find that they will only get £20k benefits for all of them, and will no longer be allowed to have a house for each wife. Or claim benefits for the first 3 years of residency in the UK

Sounds good.....as long as they deport the excess 75% of single Muslim men.

Why?

Young Muslim men walking around are bad enough, making 75% of them permanently single because of polygamy is just asking for trouble.

There are going to be single men with or without polygamy. There are plenty of non-Muslim Brits who are into polygamy. This is not just a Muslim issue. The bottom line is you do not get to decide what other consenting adults should do or not do with their lives as long as they do not harm anyone. That is my humble opinion. I personally think polygamy is not feasibly for average men. Also, I doubt many women will find the idea appealing.

Don't the Muslims limit wives to four? The Brits should be happy that Mormons aren't immigrating to the UK. The founder of the religion had 40 wives as I recall. On the other hand, I agree that the already sexually frustrated Muslim men in Europe that go bonkers when they see a female ankle would result in an even worse situation if the available female population were reduced.

Forum List

Back