UFOs regularly spotted in restricted U.S. airspace, report on the phenomena due next month [USS Nimitz]

I know this is silly, but I can't help but be intrigued that the airmen & aircraft in this story launched from the USS Nimitz which is involved in the story line of the movie The Final Countdown. In any case, I'm looking forward to reading the report.
UFOs regularly spotted in restricted U.S. airspace, report on the phenomena due next month
What's silly about it?

Nothing from my perspective. In fact your statement is why there is stigma attached to such things
Silly because of the USS Nimitz's connection to the movie, nothing more.

I know this is silly, but I can't help but be intrigued that the airmen & aircraft in this story launched from the USS Nimitz which is involved in the story line of the movie The Final Countdown. In any case, I'm looking forward to reading the report.
UFOs regularly spotted in restricted U.S. airspace, report on the phenomena due next month
Actual, "reports" of one sorts or another on this subject seem to come out about every decade or so ever since Arnold made his sighting report back in June 1947.

Interestingly there were a few click baits today as I began my rounds about the internet and I had been thinking of something more focused on this subject, a new and focused thread, maybe over in 'Science and Technology' after I get back from errands, etc.

For now though, a brief archive of sorts on what I've found;
Ever since I heard about the declassification of Project Blue Book I've been intrigued although it actually began with the mystereous happenings and vanishing of aircraft in the Bermuda Triangle.

For further reference pending my starting a thread on the broader subject;

Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis​

by
Paul R. Hill
Paul Hill was a well-respected NASA scientist when, in the early 1950s, he had a UFO sighting. Soon after, he built the first flying platform and was able to duplicate the UFO's tilt-to-control maneuvers. Official policy, however, prevented him from proclaiming his findings. "I was destined," says Hill, "to remain as unidentified as the flying objects."

For the next twenty-five years, Hill acted as an unofficial clearing house at NASA, collecting and analyzing sightings' reports for physical properties, propulsion possibilities, dynamics, etc. To refute claims that UFOs defy the laws of physics, he had to make "technological sense ... of the unconventional object."

After his retirement from NASA, Hill finally completed his remarkable analysis. In Unconventional Flying Objects, published posthumously, he presents his findings that UFOs "obey, not defy, the laws of physics." Vindicating his own sighting and thousands of others, he proves that UFO technology is not only explainable, but attainable.
The Forward and Introduction;

Forum List

Back