UFOs: Deception and Doom

Throughout history, there have been reports of unidentifiable atmospheric incidents. This alone is proof such things exist. The fact remains that they are unidentified, so all our explanations are simple suppositions. It is interesting to imagine they represent some intelligence somehow similar to ours, but that is wishful thinking. Rational, logical reasoning does not lead us to any verifiable conclusions.

The presence of UFOs may be evidence that we have been invaded by time travelers from a parallel universe.

We do not track UFOs arriving and leaving from outer space; they usually appear suddenly in the sky and then zoom out of sight or simply disappear, evidence that they are intrusions from a parallel universe.

Their speed and maneuverability suggest the UFOs are controlled by beings with a technology far superior to ours. They could destroy or conquer us but haven’t. They could intervene to instruct us on how to treat each other and the planet but they haven’t. If they were merely detached, objective observers, they wouldn’t draw so much attention to themselves. So, what is going on?

The most benign explanation is that pranksters are beaming objects or images into our universe for their amusement. We chase UFOs like kittens in You Tube videos who pounce on bright spots created by laser pointers.

However, a unified theory encompassing UFOs, parallel universes and time travel provides a more sinister motive. Consider this scenario:

Humans on our Earth and a parallel Earth (Let’s call it Earth 2) face extinction from a predictable but unpreventable natural disaster, such as a radical change in solar activity that will turn our planet into a boiling inferno.

Earth 2 achieved greater scientific advances than us, perfecting both time travel and access to parallel universes a century ago. Flash forward to 2036, when Earth 2 scientists discover disturbing trends in solar activity that dooms most life on their planet and ours. The revelation prompts people to stop having children and, in some cases, plan their suicide via medications.

Lifeboat But the scientists can offer a lifeboat for a select but still large group. Through time travel, they can take refuge in the past but not their own past as inadvertent actions by the time travelers may change history and prevent the development of time travel.

This classic time travel paradox can be avoided by travelling to the past in a parallel universe, a possibility suggested in the article “The Quantum Physics of Time Travel” by David Deutsch and Michael Lockwood in the March 1994 edition of Scientific American.

In the parallel universe, the time travelling invaders can meddle with our Earth history as much as they want without affecting the timeline on Earth 2.

The time travelers from Earth 2 still faced one problem. If scientists on our planet perfected time travel and access to parallel universes, we could invade Earth 2, cripple their scientific advancement. and populate their world with our refugees. They had to strike first.

Lured into space World War II and the development of the atomic bomb put science on steroids. But what direction would it take? We could explore space. or we could explore the possibilities of time travel or accessing parallel universes. Earth 2 made the decision for us. After the war, they filled our skies with UFOs, luring humans into thinking there were extraterrestrial beings out there ready to meet us. We would focus on space exploration and nothing so fanciful as time travel or alternative Earths. The diversion worked.

But why does this explanation require an apocalypse? Couldn’t there be another motive for the invaders? I assume the intruders from Earth 2 want to live comfortably on an inhabitable planet. While they may have intervened in the 20th century to prevent a nuclear war, they seem to have done nothing in this century to prevent climate chaos and the resurgence of war mongering authoritarian regimes. The most likely explanation: It’s too late to bother, the end is coming soon. Indeed, I believe few if any refugees from Earth 2 decided to settle in this decade. The invaders aren’t interested in our future. They only want our past.
From a related post of over two years ago;
There's this Law of physical science to effect that there is a finite amount of energy and matter in this Universe. A sum total of both and while energy could be changed into matter, or matter into energy, the sum total of both is a constant amount.

So let's say you hope into your time traveling spaceship and want to go back just 10 months into the past. And before you hoped in, you had a hamburger sandwich for lunch.

Ten months ago the wheat that became the bun of your burger was seeds on stalks growing in a field in Nebraska. The meat for the hamburger patty was still flesh of the cow grazing in pasture (or feed lot).

Once back ten months in time ...

Is that wheat still grains on the stalks or in your stomach?
Since matter can't be in two places at the same point in time, that 'wheat' is either 'grain on the stalk' or you have some holes in your stomach ~ GI track.

As for the meat patty, is it still part of the flesh of the still alive cow or in your GI track, or digested already in your blood stream/cells? It can only be one of those two places so does the cow now have some holes in it or do you have holes in you?

We could do a similar mind experiment where the aluminum used in the structure of your 'time&space travel machine', which has now gone back to this time in 1944; was part of the structure of a B-17 bomber and question is; does that B-17 bomber now have holes in it for the aluminum in your device, or does your device have the holes?

If your device has the holes, are they in critical parts that have now made your device inoperative?

"Time travel" might be a fun device for science fiction authors to toy with, but if doing realistic science, then "time travel", the "lever pulling, button pushing" sort, is just plain impossible

From a related post of over two years ago;
There's this Law of physical science to effect that there is a finite amount of energy and matter in this Universe. A sum total of both and while energy could be changed into matter, or matter into energy, the sum total of both is a constant amount.

So let's say you hope into your time traveling spaceship and want to go back just 10 months into the past. And before you hoped in, you had a hamburger sandwich for lunch.

Ten months ago the wheat that became the bun of your burger was seeds on stalks growing in a field in Nebraska. The meat for the hamburger patty was still flesh of the cow grazing in pasture (or feed lot).

Once back ten months in time ...

Is that wheat still grains on the stalks or in your stomach?
Since matter can't be in two places at the same point in time, that 'wheat' is either 'grain on the stalk' or you have some holes in your stomach ~ GI track.

As for the meat patty, is it still part of the flesh of the still alive cow or in your GI track, or digested already in your blood stream/cells? It can only be one of those two places so does the cow now have some holes in it or do you have holes in you?

We could do a similar mind experiment where the aluminum used in the structure of your 'time&space travel machine', which has now gone back to this time in 1944; was part of the structure of a B-17 bomber and question is; does that B-17 bomber now have holes in it for the aluminum in your device, or does your device have the holes?

If your device has the holes, are they in critical parts that have now made your device inoperative?

"Time travel" might be a fun device for science fiction authors to toy with, but if doing realistic science, then "time travel", the "lever pulling, button pushing" sort, is just plain impossible
As noted in my original post, that time travel paradox is not a problem if you time travel to the past in a parallel universe, where your meddling could affect the future in that timeline, but not in the timeline you left.

As noted in my original post, that time travel paradox is not a problem if you time travel to the past in a parallel universe, where your meddling could affect the future in that timeline, but not in the timeline you left.
First, you'll have to discover and prove the existence of "parallel universe(s)".
Second, each time "you" time travel, it would have to be another parallel universe.
Third, you'll need to devise and construct the time travel machine, which better be a space ship as well.

Consider, if you go back in time six months, the Earth is on the other side of the Sun back then and the Sun is moving about in the galaxy, the galaxy in the universe relative to other galaxies, etc.
You will need precise astrogation to avoid arriving hundreds of feet below Earth's surface of thousands of miles in space above.

However, leaving one universe and going to another universe also violates the conservation of matter and energy issue which is the prime obstacle(impossibility) to overcome. :rolleyes:

First, you'll have to discover and prove the existence of "parallel universe(s)".
Second, each time "you" time travel, it would have to be another parallel universe.
Third, you'll need to devise and construct the time travel machine, which better be a space ship as well.

Consider, if you go back in time six months, the Earth is on the other side of the Sun back then and the Sun is moving about in the galaxy, the galaxy in the universe relative to other galaxies, etc.
You will need precise astrogation to avoid arriving hundreds of feet below Earth's surface of thousands of miles in space above.

However, leaving one universe and going to another universe also violates the conservation of matter and energy issue which is the prime obstacle(impossibility) to overcome. :rolleyes:
The problems did not seem insurmountable according to “The Quantum Physics of Time Travel” by David Deutsch and Michael Lockwood in the March 1994 edition of Scientific American. Pardon me if I trust them more than you.

The problems did not seem insurmountable according to “The Quantum Physics of Time Travel” by David Deutsch and Michael Lockwood in the March 1994 edition of Scientific American. Pardon me if I trust them more than you.
I've looked at Deutsch and Lockwood's article and they don't even touch upon, or appear aware of the Conservation of Matter/Energy or Laws of Thermodynamics issues. They mostly indulge in hypothetical and philosophical double think and double talk that fails to address the real physics I presented.

BTW, you could have done better by providing an actual link, like this;

If you can find where these clowns actually discuss how specific molecules can travel back in time and exist alongside where they also existed back then, I'd be very interested in seeing that*. Couldn't find it this pile of drivel article.
* - Not to mention the spatial displacement component to time travel. Can you calculate where in the universe the exact spot you are standing/seating was one hour ago? (or have the means to travel to that spatial location ?)

I also looked over your ".com" and the hubris is amusing, but the real insights rare.

FWIW, my reply to your post wasn't expected to change your mind/view, too much CYA for you to deal with it seems. It was meant to counter your absurd claims and hypothesis for benefit of other readers.

Pardon me if I neither trust nor believe you, or Deutsch & Lookwood.

Forum List

Back