UCLA professor suspended after refusing leniency for black students

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
On June 2, Klein received an email from one of the students in his Principles of Taxation course, asking him to consider making adjustments to the format and grading of his final exam for black students. The student’s suggestions included a so-called “no-harm exam” (which could only help and not harm a final grade), a shortened exam and extended deadlines.

‘DO YOU THINK YOUR SUGGESTION WOULD RUN AFOUL OF MARTIN LUTHER KING?’

Klein’s response, meant only for the student, was immediately put online and went viral over Twitter and other social media platforms. His email to the student has been widely interpreted as both inappropriately flippant and condescending, even invoking Martin Luther King.

“Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota,” wrote Klein. “Do you know the names of the classmates that are black? How can I identify them since we’ve been having online classes only? Are there any students that may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian? What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half? Also, do you have any idea if any students are from Minneapolis? I assume that they probably are especially devastated as well. I am thinking that a white student from there might be possibly even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they’re racist even if they are not. My TA is from Minneapolis, so if you don’t know, I can probably ask her. Can you guide me on how you think I should achieve a “no-harm” outcome since our sole course grade is from a final exam only? One last thing strikes me: Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on the ‘color of their skin.’ Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK’s admonition? Thanks, G. Klein”

These people want special privileges for their exams. What an embarrassment black Americans are to actual Africans.

On June 2, Klein received an email from one of the students in his Principles of Taxation course, asking him to consider making adjustments to the format and grading of his final exam for black students. The student’s suggestions included a so-called “no-harm exam” (which could only help and not harm a final grade), a shortened exam and extended deadlines.

Klein’s response, meant only for the student, was immediately put online and went viral over Twitter and other social media platforms. His email to the student has been widely interpreted as both inappropriately flippant and condescending, even invoking Martin Luther King.

“Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota,” wrote Klein. “Do you know the names of the classmates that are black? How can I identify them since we’ve been having online classes only? Are there any students that may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian? What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half? Also, do you have any idea if any students are from Minneapolis? I assume that they probably are especially devastated as well. I am thinking that a white student from there might be possibly even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they’re racist even if they are not. My TA is from Minneapolis, so if you don’t know, I can probably ask her. Can you guide me on how you think I should achieve a “no-harm” outcome since our sole course grade is from a final exam only? One last thing strikes me: Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on the ‘color of their skin.’ Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK’s admonition? Thanks, G. Klein”

These people want special privileges for their exams. What an embarrassment black Americans are to actual Africans.

Klein should have flunked them all. THIS is the essence of what a failing civilization looks like but from the ground up. People do work hard every single day to achieve success, to achieve their dreams, to earn an education, to earn a living. BLM and associated terrorist groups are actively stealing this fundamental part of the American experience from all of us and from our future generations. Crush them, please.

And after almost 244 years of leniency for whites, this dumb ass spends his day looking for a story to validate his racism.

Poor black kids need someone to wipe their ass and change their diapers because they need a moment.....

How far colleges have fallen

His response to the student sounded fine, although lengthy to me. I would have just said....I base ALL grades upon the answers given to questions on any tests. Answers that are correct for the question are given a positive score. Answers that are wrong on the test are a zero, or a partial score if partially correct. If you are doing poorly or failing, set your priorities and focus harder on the course.

Many thanks to the OP for letting me read the professor's whole note to that student.

1. I do not think that any student should be given special privileges because of his/her ethnicity, gender, sexuality, etc.

2. But I believe that the professor's reply was, indeed, flippant.

3. I believe that the professor was also arrogant (and just plain stupid): In the midst of an Insurrection that had Senators of the United States of America kneeling at the feet of ethnicity X, this professor felt that he could reject that student's request.

a. In 2020 America, one had better accede to any request by certain people -- or else.

And after almost 244 years of leniency for whites, this dumb ass spends his day looking for a story to validate his racism.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lol................................................LMAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>LMFAO...................................!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back