UCF Researchers are involved with the moon project.

From the 1960s on I witnessed the space program

The manned space program died in 1972 ... the last time humans left low-Earth-orbit.

There has been nothing to witness for 48 years.

The manned space program died in 1972 ... the last time humans left low-Earth-orbit.

It all happened before I was 5 years old. But once I learned we didn't build a moon base to harvest cheese, I lost interest. IDK why we never tried to build a base there.

It all happened before I was 5 years old. But once I learned we didn't build a moon base to harvest cheese, I lost interest. IDK why we never tried to build a base there.
A lot of people felt the same about a base including me. But it is coming and we may see it in our lifetime.

The entire reason for The Space Race was to impress The Soviets with our advanced rocket technology. The accuracy required to send men to the moon shows the ability to hit hardened missile silos and take them out.

The Apollo 11 landing that was witnessed live by millions became yesterday's news by Apollo 12.

When a tragedy on Apollo 13 put three astronauts lives on the line and forced network news to interrupt a RE-RUN of "Batman" (and already cancelled series) over 1,000,000 TV viewers made irate calls to their TV stations to complain.

There was never any political will to take the manned space program beyond Apollo.

The entire reason for The Space Race was to impress The Soviets with our advanced rocket technology. The accuracy required to send men to the moon shows the ability to hit hardened missile silos and take them out.

The Apollo 11 landing that was witnessed live by millions became yesterday's news by Apollo 12.

When a tragedy on Apollo 13 put three astronauts lives on the line and forced network news to interrupt a RE-RUN of "Batman" (and already cancelled series) over 1,000,000 TV viewers made irate calls to their TV stations to complain.

There was never any political will to take the manned space program beyond Apollo.
I do remember that about Batman. I do admit there were times in my childhood I felt like the only one on the planet who cared

Elon Musk will go there & claim the moon as his. Then he will mine the moon’s vast riches: rhodium, gold, cobalt, copper, palladium, platinum, tungsten and Helium-3 gas.

I do remember that about Batman. I do admit there were times in my childhood I felt like the only one on the planet who cared

As a culture, we came collectively decided to take fantasy space travel ("Star Trek", "Star Wars", etc..) over real space travel.

I suppose we're lucky that movies and TV weren't around in 1492 ... otherwise we'd have stayed in Europe and watched "Columbus: The Movie".

There is more to exploring space than launching an unnecessary human to another body in the solar system. The sensors of robots are much more accurate and reliable. Unless a human needs to be there to raise another human, there is no need to send humans anywhere to gain knowledge.

There is more to exploring space than launching an unnecessary human to another body in the solar system. The sensors of robots are much more accurate and reliable. Unless a human needs to be there to raise another human, there is no need to send humans anywhere to gain knowledge.
We have spent a lot of money on unmanned craft to Mars. You would think they would have used instruments that would have discovered a molecule of life by now.

We have spent a lot of money on unmanned craft to Mars. You would think they would have used instruments that would have discovered a molecule of life by now.

Not sure if humans playing golf on Mars would have found anything else...

You are getting ahead of yourself. We cant yet create such controlled lab conditions on Mars.

That is why we are currently taking and preparing soil samples that will be picked up by a different mission in the future and returned to Earth.

Does anyone have information about NASA taking bids for a nuclear power plant to be installed on the moon? If you find an article on it post it here, please.

Forum List

Back