U.S. To Hand Over Iraq Bases, Equipment Worth Billions

You know if we're worried about this remember that those bases need an infrastructure and supply chain to make then worth something.

When the USA stops supplying and supporting those bases, they're become little more than empty buildings.

We can't take 'em with us.

Remember the days when we were told that Iraqi reconstruction would only cost the American taxpayers about a billion dollars and that Iraqi oil revenue would pay for the rest? Why didn't the contracts specify that Iraq would have to at least partially reimburse the US for construction costs if we turned the bases and equipment over to them.

We had two CEOs as president and VP? What a joke!

Republicans will blame this on Obama. In their unethical little world, a new president can just come in and undo everything the last president did. Wipe it away as if it didn't exist. But in this world, current presidents are bound by what previous presidents did. Whether it's ruining the economy or committing America's wealth to another country.

Look at the right zingers on this board. How many insist we "won" in Iraq? Ask them what we "won" and you are a lying fuckwit liberal. Why? Because you asked a question they can't answer. Well, they can answer it, but they are too ashamed.

Just like the economy, Afghanistan, the deficit, our failing infrastructure, jobs moved to China and all they other Republican mess and disasters, they will blame this too, on Obama.

So Obama is following he Cheney Doctrine?

Yes, that is correct.

Warmonger in the middle east? Check

Nation build in the middle east? Check

Ignore the $ costs? Check

Ignore the future ramifications of today's actions? Check

Those bases will turn into shit holes once the Iraqis get their hands on them.

Why do you say that?

If you have ever been to Iraq you would know why I say that. Anyone whos been to the region knows I'm speaking the truth, even the rich Gulf Arabs would turn those bases into shit holes.

I have never been to Iraq. In any case, don't you think that it would cost more to ship all that stuff back home than the value it would have to us once we got it back here?

Why do you say that?

If you have ever been to Iraq you would know why I say that. Anyone whos been to the region knows I'm speaking the truth, even the rich Gulf Arabs would turn those bases into shit holes.

I have never been to Iraq. In any case, don't you think that it would cost more to ship all that stuff back home than the value it would have to us once we got it back here?

Of course it would but the thing is when these bases were built we were thinking of having a permanent presence in Iraq, now we have come to the conclusion that is not the case we spent all this money for no reason, we shouldn't have invested all the money on these bases if we were just going to hand them over to the Iraqis so they could turn them into shit holes.

So now we will spend billions more re-equipping our military.

And some fools believe the Iraq war only cost 700 billion or so...
We were promised 40 billion tops and 6 months by the Bush administration.

"future ramifications" like encouraging democratization in that part of the world? Check

Christians fleeing Iraq at heights never seen before even under Saddam since 2003.

Installing a gov't based on Islam.

A man with close ties to Hezbollah running the country.

Another gov't decision that racks up trillions in even more debt.

I guess if you find those things to be positives, your cheering of that war would make sense.

Then you have Libya, where we're arming admitted terrorists.

Then you have the nation building in Afghanistan, somehow rebuilding a country run by the Taliban that harbored a terrorist who attacked us is the responsibiliy of the U.S. taxpayer.

That's what we get with status quo D's and R's running things.

"future ramifications" like encouraging democratization in that part of the world? Check

Christians fleeing Iraq at heights never seen before even under Saddam since 2003.

I guess if you find those things to be positives, your cheering of that war would make sense.

Then you have the nation building in Afghanistan, somehow rebuilding a country run by the Taliban that harbored a terrorist who attacked us is the responsibiliy of the U.S. taxpayer.

There isn't much of a choice in that matter, every country in the region besides Israel has their governments based on Islam, there is no way to force the Iraqis to be different and not do this.

There isn't much of a choice in that matter, every country in the region besides Israel has their governments based on Islam, there is no way to force the Iraqis to be different and not do this.

True or not it's a fact that we did it. And I can't dismiss that as one of the reasons christians have vanished from Iraq.

True or not it's a fact that we did it. And I can't dismiss that as one of the reasons christians have vanished from Iraq.

Even if we didn't add that in as soon as we leave the Iraqis will put it in themselves, the people in the region want Islam in their government, Islam oversees all things for Muslims whether it be private, legal, business, whatever, we were never going to be able to change that.

Even if we didn't add that in as soon as we leave the Iraqis will put it in themselves, the people in the region want Islam in their government, Islam oversees all things for Muslims whether it be private, legal, business, whatever, we were never going to be able to change that.

All I'm saying is we helped install a gov't based on Islam, helping to install apartheid regimes shouldn't be in our foreign policy.

All I'm saying is we helped install a gov't based on Islam, helping to install apartheid regimes shouldn't be in our foreign policy.

Hell I agree with you, I don't want any part in setting up anymore Islamic governments.

Emptied, those swimming pools can be used as convenient places to stone their women and then wash the blood and gore down afterwards.

Or to torture people, those huge swimming pools will make very tempting rest rooms for the Iraqis trust me, maybe a place for them to wash their feet, gear and shower. Don't ask me thats just how they do.

They have a completely different set of values than we do. Many years ago I worked with a guy from Egypt, an engineer. One day we got to talking and I asked hime why he left to come here. He said" In my country, if you have the opportunity to take advantage of someone and you don't, then you're considered a fool and not worthy of respect."

Nice

How is that different than here?

Forum List

Back