U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. police have shot and killed 385 people during the first five months of this year, a rate of more than two a day, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.

The Post's analysis indicates the daily death toll for 2015 is close to 2.6 as of Friday. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year, the paper said.

U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months REPORT

I truly believe, that the only way the police can be fixed is if the children of the Kochs, Waltons, etc start getting murdered by them. Seriously. But what if this is a mess of our own making, a price that we pay for "freedom". I'm talking about our gun culture, you know. But being about a thousand times more likely to be shot on the street doesn't sound like freedom to me.

In a nation of 360 million people that is a small percentage.............Crime is a factor of life in this country and the world....................................

The war on police continues.....................Already in places like NY and BALTIMORE the POLICE ARE SAYING FUCK IT THEN..................You guys want to condemn us for doing our jobs.............try to throw us in jail......................then we'll let you fend for yourselves..............and not risk our lives to save yours.....................because as soon as we shoot a criminal raising havoc in an area you want to feed us to the wolves........................Fine then.................We'll be there to help you.............honest...............after we get a coffee..............a donut or two or three....................In that way we can just clean up the mess after the criminals have killed you and or raped your family......................because we might just have to shoot them if we show up on time.......................

slurp..............the coffees great..............

Already in these shit hole cities crime is going up through the roof because the police are pissed off............as they might get thrown in jail for doing their job.

did you know that if you have an interaction with a police officer, where you committed a crime, there is less than 2% chance of violence?

nah

385 out of 300 million people
My population was wrong........looked it up........318 million..............it's a very small percentage in regards to the population.............but the War on the police must go on to these people.

did you know that if you have an interaction with a police officer, where you committed a crime, there is less than 2% chance of violence?

nah

385 out of 300 million people
My population was wrong........looked it up........318 million..............it's a very small percentage in regards to the population.............but the War on the police must go on to these people.
some dark ironic humor

murders and violent crime are up, way up in Baltimore, so someone came out and accused the police of not doing their job.

a black woman

If people weren't dying, it would have been fucking funny.

You get what you deserve when you ask for it

WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. police have shot and killed 385 people during the first five months of this year, a rate of more than two a day, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.

The Post's analysis indicates the daily death toll for 2015 is close to 2.6 as of Friday. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year, the paper said.

I truly believe, that the only way the police can be fixed is if the children of the Kochs, Waltons, etc start getting murdered by them. Seriously. But what if this is a mess of our own making, a price that we pay for "freedom". I'm talking about our gun culture, you know. But being about a thousand times more likely to be shot on the street doesn't sound like freedom to me.
Oo....sounds so scary....

GUNS!!

Here is a little perspective for you.....

There are 1220000 cops in the USA.....to date in 2015......14 have been killed by guns.....That is 0.000014% of cops killed by guns.

Now lets look at your 'scary' number.

There are 320000000 people in the USA.....for the sake of argument, I'll not dispute your 1000 people killed by cops....that is 0.0000089% of the population killed by cops.

It looks as if there are more cops killed in the US than citizens on a percentage basis.

Of the number of cops killed, how many would you say were killed in the act of committing a crime? How many of the 1000 civilians were in the act of committing a crime?

Perspective is key to any statistics.

Finally, with percentages that low, just how is this a gun culture thing?

GUNS!!

There are 1220000 cops in the USA.....to date in 2015......14 have been killed by guns.....That is 0.000014% of cops killed by guns.

There are 320000000 people in the USA.....for the sake of argument, I'll not dispute your 1000 people killed by cops....that is 0.0000089% of the population killed by cops.

It looks as if there are more cops killed in the US than citizens on a percentage basis.

Of the number of cops killed, how many would you say were killed in the act of committing a crime? How many of the 1000 civilians we in the act of committing a crime?

see, now, you just fucked up, you used math, and as every leftist knows, math is racist.

how is math racist? you ask

well, duh, if you have to ask, you're a racist, duh

GUNS!!

Of the number of cops killed, how many would you say were killed in the act of committing a crime? How many of the 1000 civilians we in the act of committing a crime?

see, now, you just fucked up, you used math, and as every leftist knows, math is racist.

Well, I didn't use common core math, so they may still have an out....

:biggrin:

So by years end 1000 will be shot? And we have 1, 000, 000 cops.

So....0.1% of cops will shoot and kill someone this year...and most will be justified. Hmmm.

Whats the outrage?

Gee, maybe Kochs, Waltons, et al don't get shot on the street because they act right.

As for "our gun culture", get over it.

GUNS!!

Yep. Lefties hate the math of it because it destroys their gripe.

Two a day?

2 x 365 = 730 per year

730 per year / 330,000,000 total US population = a flea... a flyspeck... a speck of dust... about as mathematically insignificant as one can imagine.

Still, to the families of those 730, it means something.

So...

Of those 730, how many are righteous?

80% ??? 90% ??? 95% ??? 99% ???

You pull a weapon on a cop, or you put a cop's life in danger, or you do the same to someone else in a cop's presence... or you fail to submit or halt during the course of an arrest...

And you win a toe-tag on a slab in the morgue.

This is the way we have set up our world to work.

And, in the vast majority of cases, it works just fine.

Is there room for improvement, with respect to guidelines and event-triggers and thresholds and review and monitoring and accountability?

Yep.

Should we throw the baby (the ability of police to use deadly force when necessary) out with the bathwater (a handful of non-righteous shootings by cops)?

Nope.

Two a day?

2 x 365 = 730 per year

730 per year / 330,000,000 total US population = a flea... a flyspeck... a speck of dust... about as mathematically insignificant as one can imagine.

Still, to the families of those 730, it means something.

So...

Of those 730, how many are righteous?

80% ??? 90% ??? 95% ??? 99% ???

You pull a weapon on a cop, or you put a cop's life in danger, or you do the same to someone else in a cop's presence... or you fail to submit or halt during the course of an arrest...

And you win a toe-tag on a slab in the morgue.

This is the way we have set up our world to work.

And, in the vast majority of cases, it works just fine.

Is there room for improvement, with respect to guidelines and event-triggers and thresholds and review and monitoring and accountability?

Yep.

Should we throw the baby (the ability of police to use deadly force when necessary) out with the bathwater (a handful of non-righteous shootings by cops)?

Nope.

You said it perfectly.

The police brutality myth is one of the most disgusting and outrageous lies the left wint has ever made up. And cops are being killed as a result. The left owns this War on Cops forever.

If killing cops continues to be a national sport, the criminal body count will get much higher.

Look more math: "More than 80 percent were armed with potentially lethal objects, mostly guns. Ninety-two victims were identified as mentally ill."

385 less criminals to worry about then.

Look more math: "More than 80 percent were armed with potentially lethal objects, mostly guns. Ninety-two victims were identified as mentally ill."

Yep. All in all....1, 000, 000 cops policing 320, 000, 000 people.....and maybe 10-15 UNJUSTIFIED shootings a year....overall a pretty damn good track record.

I bet if we doubled that number, we would see violent crime go down nationwide.

Forum List

Back