U.S. Identifies Vast Riches of Minerals in Afghanistan

I'm hoping they release more details soon. Though it is a good question of whether anyone had any clue of this of any country that is.

This discovery, in my humble opinion could significantly alter the entire economy in the region. The west must be careful NOT to exploit the Afghan people and screw them out of their wealth. If it's developed properly by a competent group of government officials this will eliminate the opium based economy. This could bring Afghanistan into the 21st century....the only drawback I can see is the lack of a port facility. This will require international agreements with the Aghan's neighbors, Iran and Pakistan to develope routes to get these resources to the industries that use them. It will require a significant change in the politics of those 2 nations to a more capitalist type of society instead of a theocratic bureaucracy hampered by squabbling imams and rogue elements within the countries.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Here's EXACTLY what Obama will do.

He will invest hundreds of millions of American dollars into building the infrastructure necessary to extract said minerals, then he will summarily turn it over to the Afghans without so much as a plan for us to be repaid what is owed us.

What is owed us? By who? We invaded Afgahnistan to capture or kill Ossama and failed.

Afgahnistan did not make any act of war against us. A few rag tag terrorists were holed up out in the Afgahni wilderness. Afgahnistans army, if you can say they even had an army, was in no position to do anything about Ossama.

You are certifiably insane.

He will invest hundreds of millions of American dollars into building the infrastructure necessary to extract said minerals, then he will summarily turn it over to the Afghans without so much as a plan for us to be repaid what is owed us.

What is owed us? By who? We invaded Afgahnistan to capture or kill Ossama and failed.

Afgahnistan did not make any act of war against us. A few rag tag terrorists were holed up out in the Afgahni wilderness. Afgahnistans army, if you can say they even had an army, was in no position to do anything about Ossama.

Actually the leader of the Afghan government, Mullah Omar, was allied with Osama bin Laden. That fact makes the attacks on 9/11 an attack facilitated by the Afghan government regardless if they knew the plan was afoot.

Actually the leader of the Afghan government, Mullah Omar, was allied with Osama bin Laden. That fact makes the attacks on 9/11 an attack facilitated by the Afghan government regardless if they knew the plan was afoot.

That statement requires proof. I don't recall any resistance invading Afgahnistan by the government there. If Omar was an "Ally" of Ossama why was there no official government fighting to protect him? I believe you just made that up.

That statement requires proof. I don't recall any resistance invading Afgahnistan by the government there. If Omar was an "Ally" of Ossama why was there no official government fighting to protect him? I believe you just made that up.

Christ...sometimes you just got to spell it out for the mentally challenged jackasses.......
Regarding Bin Laden’s sworn fealty to Mullah Omar. He made this pledge when the Taliban ruled Afghanistan. When Bin Ladin accepted Mullah Omar as his Amir, Mullah Omar became the spiritual leader of Al Qaeda. Bin Laden is still the political leader of the organization but as the spiritual leader Mullah Omar has authority over Bin Laden
You could see this was so when, before 9/11, Mullah Omar told Bin Laden he had to stop speaking to the media. Because Bin Laden had sworn to obey Omar, that’s exactly what he had to do.
Former Taliban official, Waheed Mujda talks about Al Qaeda | Kabul Center for Strategic Studies

Now start spinning jackass!!!

Last edited:
If Omar was an "Ally" of Ossama why was there no official government fighting to protect him?

ROFLMAO!!!!!

What a fucking dumb ass!!!!!!!
WE KICKED OMAR'S GOVERNMENT OUT IN 2002...DUH!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You want Karzai's government to protect Bin Laden now!!!???:lol:

Huggy...light is on but...alas...no one's home.

Funny how everyone want's to rewrite history and act like we DID NOT overthrow a terrorist supporting government headed by Mullah Omar who was allied with Bin Laden and Al Qaeda...

Gee...I guess all that stuff in 2002 was just another Rambo movie....

Now...getting back on topic....

I don't think this discovery will require our troops to remain there any longer than Obama has planned for. Why? First of all...the press about the war is all negative right now thus turning Americans against it. Soon the deaths of American troops will begin to rise and the anti-war Code Pinkos will go on the war path and make the withdrawal of troops a Presidential campaign issue. As the country spirals further into massive debt there will be calls to cut defense spending thus forcing whoever is President to bring our troops home whether or not the goals set out have been met. A small contingent of forces will remain in Afghanistan no matter what...they have to train the Afghan Army and police.

with that said, this is going to turn out bad and lead to decades of corruption. the taliban and other militant groups will control actual access to the resources, enslave locals to gather it, and then sell it to multinational companies who will turn a blind eye to whats happening as long as they get their profit. it will be the next blood diamonds

And they shall call them... BLOODBERRYS.

Speaking seriously, as blu said, this is pretty terrible for Afghans. I mean, it could be good considering what a horrible state they're in right now, but you know what's the other place with huge lithium and mineral deposits?

That's right... THE CONGO, one of the bottom 10 shittiest places on Earth. Enormous mineral riches have been anathema in the Congo and much of central Africa, and this might turn out to be very similar in a place that's already as fucked up as Afghanistan.

with that said, this is going to turn out bad and lead to decades of corruption. the taliban and other militant groups will control actual access to the resources, enslave locals to gather it, and then sell it to multinational companies who will turn a blind eye to whats happening as long as they get their profit. it will be the next blood diamonds

And they shall call them... BLOODBERRYS.

Speaking seriously, as blu said, this is pretty terrible for Afghans. I mean, it could be good considering what a horrible state they're in right now, but you know what's the other place with huge lithium and mineral deposits?

That's right... THE CONGO, one of the bottom 10 shittiest places on Earth. Enormous mineral riches have been anathema in the Congo and much of central Africa, and this might turn out to be very similar in a place that's already as fucked up as Afghanistan.

Oh yes....it's absolutely horrible that another 3rd world country could, with the right leadership in place, become a productive member of the world community in 20 or so years...terrible I say...terrible!!!! You equating Afghanistan's new found wealth to the Congo situation is COMPLETELY without merit and baseless.

Last edited:

Well SOMEBODY will reap the profits.

But the Afghanistani people?

That's even less likely that the possibility that the USA people will harvest the bounty.

This is priceless...ha ha ha.

How do you suppose Bush knew those deposits were there since they were only just recently discovered?

Actually some Ruskie girls found it back when the Soviet was in Afghanistan. The U.S. and Afghan government have been aware of the discovery for quite some time. It was only recently that WE sent in some geologists to confirm the Russian findings.
AngelVanessa2__Spies_like_Us_25.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back