U.S. Delays Delivery Of Jets

Bloodrock44

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
Buzzard Gulch, NC
We act like we're really doing something here. Delaying the delivery of 4 jets. We have already sent 8 of them. I'm not worried about the jets. Israel has the best pilots in the world. It's the Abrams tanks that concern me. We're sending 200 of them to Egypt (that's a whole brigade). I was a tank commander of an M1A1 Abrams tank. I know how lethal they can be. What concerns me is that 200 of them could possibly influence the balance of power in the Middle East and I don't believe I'm exaggerating. It could eventually give Egypt the impetus to attack Israel. I don't know what our government was thinking.

BBC News - Egypt unrest: US delays delivery of F-16 jets

We act like we're really doing something here. Delaying the delivery of 4 jets. We have already sent 8 of them. I'm not worried about the jets. Israel has the best pilots in the world. It's the Abrams tanks that concern me. We're sending 200 of them to Egypt (that's a whole brigade). I was a tank commander of an M1A1 Abrams tank. I know how lethal they can be. What concerns me is that 200 of them could possibly influence the balance of power in the Middle East and I don't believe I'm exaggerating. It could eventually give Egypt the impetus to attack Israel. I don't know what our government was thinking.BBC News - Egypt unrest: US delays delivery of F-16 jets

Precisely what I would do if Israel does not choose peace that America and Europe and the World wants...Balance of power politics and armament parity are the best weapons for keeping the peace.

Bravo America!

The Egyptian military is a bought and paid for vassal of the Pentagon. Hence their overthrow of the insufficiently subservient ELECTED president.

Although Morsi was the elected president, he was trying to make himself a dictator. The countries of Eastern Europe seemed to adapt to democracy right away after they broke from Communism, but it seems the Arab nations are incapable of doing so.

The Egyptian military is a bought and paid for vassal of the Pentagon. Hence their overthrow of the insufficiently subservient ELECTED president.

Although Morsi was the elected president, he was trying to make himself a dictator. The countries of Eastern Europe seemed to adapt to democracy right away after they broke from Communism, but it seems the Arab nations are incapable of doing so.
The US attempts to slow down Democracies by supporting militaries is nothing new; Governments that slow down the will of the peole towards Islamism to counter Western influence fall. Sometimes loudly like Iraq and Afghanistan or surreptitiously like Egypt.

They can slow down the march of History to try and contain the will of the people, but History of self-determination moves forward...Israel should think ahead of the future and make peace now before it all explodes!

Last edited:

The US attempts to slow down Democracies by supporting militaries is nothing new; Governments that slow down the will of the peole towards Islamism to counter Western influence fall. Sometimes loudly like Iraq and Afghanistan or surreptitiously like Egypt.

They can slow down the march of History to try and contain the will of the people, but History of self-determination moves forward...Israel should think ahead of the future and make peace now before it all explodes!
Perhaps Phillip should be the one to be appointed to convince the Muslims to accept a democracy since I am sure he must have read many articles in which it has been stated that democracy is not compatible with Islam.

Forum List

Back