Two Questions for Atheists

Still waiting for the OP to say what he thinks...
"Thanks for responding to my topic" at least...
Meanwhile, I'll parse my response to this for him:
"Do you hope that you are wrong or do you hope that you are right?
Hope is not involved. I know I don't believe any theistic dogma. Nothing logically to "hope" about. And no worries about it as indicated in my response to the second question, "No."

Hope is always involved in whether you think you're right or wrong about something. I think I balanced my checkbook correctly-- I HOPE that I am right! My girlfriend says she loves me-- I HOPE she is telling me the truth!

Why do you not answer my question directly? Why do you have to parse it and obfuscate? IS there doubt in your mind about your viewpoint? If not, you should be able to tell me if you hope you are right or hope you are wrong. It's not that hard.

Again.... My question was: Do you hope you are wrong or do you hope you're right? "No" is not an answer to that question.
Wrong. You asked two questions. I clearly answered "No." to the second. Not proving a very good arbiter of honesty.

my question turned them away from Atheism to Agnosticism instantly. I don't think I ever got an honest answer to my question. So I decided it would be a good idea for a thread OP.
Sorry I missed it, for I most unabashedly am an atheist. Atheism includes agnosticism, by the way. There's no clear dichotomy.
Do you hope that you are wrong or do you hope that you are right?
I hope you don't really believe disbelief in Flying Spaghetti Monsters requires hope.
Do you ever have doubts about your Atheism?
No.

Why do Atheists have trouble answering my simple question honestly?

I answered honestly
Why do you have so much trouble accepting answers you don't agree with?

Well no... ya didn't answer. I asked if you hope you're right or wrong and you replied with a dodge regarding the question of hope. That's not an answer to my question.

I explained hope to you

I hope I win Powerball even though it is a longshot at 75 million to one but I throw in a couple bucks every so often just so I can hope

You hope you go to heaven even though it is a longshot but you throw a couple of bucks into the collection plate just so you can hope

I believe some Atheists are bigger believers in God than some Christians.
Which implies Christians do not really believe in God!!!
Looking at Christian behavior as exemplified by DoTard Trump, they obviously don't.

It implies SOME Christians don't really believe in God. It also implies SOME Atheists do indeed believe in God. Trump has nothing to do with this thread. Please stay on topic.

... it wouldnt kill children...

Is it possible that it's not so much that God "kills" children, but rather, permits the law of nature to run its course, which sometimes entails that children die? In fact and, if indeed a paradise awaits us upon our physical death, could it be said that leaving this existence as a young child is actually a "good" thing?

Premise 1 was that you posted this question prior, and atheists were soo0o0o scared to answer they changed to being agnostic.

Some bash a belief in a creator and mock the believer and then claim to be agnostic. That doesn't wash. A true and HONEST agnostic would not mock the belief that a creator may exist.

... it wouldnt kill children...

Is it possible that it's not so much that God "kills" children, but rather, permits the law of nature to run its course, which sometimes entails that children die? In fact and, if indeed a paradise awaits us upon our physical death, could it be said that leaving this existence as a young child is actually a "good" thing?
what about when he ordered the death of untold amounts of children?

I explained hope to you

No, you explained one context of the word. Did you know the Oxford dictionary lists 157 definitions for the word "set?" You see... many of our English words have numerous meanings and those meanings rely on this thing we call "CONTEXT!" Apparently, you must've ingested lead paint chips as a child and as a result, are unable to fathom context. It leads to you constantly misunderstanding things and failing to communicate with others. This makes you appear mildly retarded sometimes.

Premise 1 was that you posted this question prior, and atheists were soo0o0o scared to answer they changed to being agnostic.

Some bash a belief in a creator and mock the believer and then claim to be agnostic. That doesn't wash. A true and HONEST agnostic would not mock the belief that a creator may exist.

He can mock anything he wants
If he doesn't believe in a Genesis creation, he can mock those who do

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Not true.

Try not conflating this:

belief without proof is a mockable offense. its mocking dishonesty, and lack of a logical foundation.

mocking belief without proof, is not dismissing the possibility of a creator ~ but the belief in one based on ignorance.

Its ok, lots of folks have a hard time with not conflating these hard as fuck concepts. Take your time.

I believe some Atheists are bigger believers in God than some Christians.
Which implies Christians do not really believe in God!!!
Looking at Christian behavior as exemplified by DoTard Trump, they obviously don't.

It implies SOME Christians don't really believe in God. It also implies SOME Atheists do indeed believe in God. Trump has nothing to do with this thread. Please stay on topic.
If an Atheist believed in God, they would NOT be Atheists!!! DUH!
If Christians believed in God they would NOT lie about Atheists.

If you define it as posessing knowledge that a god doesnt or couldnt exist, Id call it lying. Same as I call theists.

I personally knew a woman who claimed to have had an NDE as a child and had met Jesus. Would you say she is also lying?

I explained hope to you

No, you explained one context of the word. Did you know the Oxford dictionary lists 157 definitions for the word "set?" You see... many of our English words have numerous meanings and those meanings rely on this thing we call "CONTEXT!" Apparently, you must've ingested lead paint chips as a child and as a result, are unable to fathom context. It leads to you constantly misunderstanding things and failing to communicate with others. This makes you appear mildly retarded sometimes.

So touchy..

It is your thread. You asked the questions and now get all defensive when you don't like the answers you received

Thats because you conflate belief in God with belief in man made religion.

Nonsense. You can search my posts. I am not a subscriber to any organized religious belief. I am a Spiritualist who believes in "Spiritual Nature" as my God. Religions are simply manifestations of human spiritual connection and proof that humans are intrinsically spiritually-inspired creatures. Being religions are the constructs of fallible man, they are all flawed.

But then you have the problem of evidence. The only evidence you guys have are a lot of bronze age myths.

LOL. There you go again. Here, try this.

blindfolded-2.jpg

Is it possible that it's not so much that God "kills" children, but rather, permits the law of nature to run its course, which sometimes entails that children die?
Proof that Christians never believed the bible in the first place and only profess a belief in God for political purposes.

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Thats because you conflate belief in God with belief in man made religion.

Nonsense. You can search my posts. I am not a subscriber to any organized religious belief. I am a Spiritualist who believes in "Spiritual Nature" as my God. Religions are simply manifestations of human spiritual connection and proof that humans are intrinsically spiritually-inspired creatures. Being religions are the constructs of fallible man, they are all flawed.
Then I dont know why you have such a hard time understanding the mockery while maintaining Agnosticism.

Its not that difficult to determine its internal consistency.

Forum List

Back