Two NYPD officers die in shooting while responding to domestic violence call in Harlem

I'm shocked that police officers are being turned into targets. Domestic disputes should definitely be handled by Social workers and victim advocates. Stop sending Police to Domestics it escalates the situation with the threat of arrest, or send 10 cops to domestics and treat them like everybody is armed and dangerous arrest those involved and let the Prosecutors and judges bear the burden of addressing the social issue .
The shooter was a convicted felon with gun-related charges. The gun was stolen. All you would wind up with is dead social workers because they had zero opportunity to defend themselves. I doubt these cops had the opportunity to defend themselves in this case, but it is readily apparent that someone was going to die!

Domestic violence calls are the worst.

R.I.P.

Two NYPD officers died when they responded to a domestic violence call at a Manhattan apartment on Friday, police and sources said.
The officers responded at about 6:30 p.m. to a 911 domestic violence report involving a woman and a son fighting in an apartment on W. 135th St. near Malcolm X Blvd. in Harlem, sources said.

New York is a disaster

From another site, the shooter was apparently the son of a corrections officer and managed to get access to his mother's weapon. After shooting two officers in the head, he was engaged by a third officer, retreated to another room, then shot himself in the head.
That exact scenario happened where I live about 20 years ago. A coward thug loser hid behind a door and shot 2 cops, killed them, then killed himself. RIP to Rivera and hopefully the other pulls through.

From another site, the shooter was apparently the son of a corrections officer and managed to get access to his mother's weapon. After shooting two officers in the head, he was engaged by a third officer, retreated to another room, then shot himself in the head.

I just watched Fox News and they indicated the gun was stolen and even had a picture of semi-automatic handgun with a drum magazine. The NY Times also confirmed the gun was stolen in Baltimore in 2017 and had a high-capacity magazine.

They need to treat every call like an armed assault is imminent, demand compliance with police orders and prosecute anyone who resists harshly. You do not have the right to resist arrest no matter what BLM and Antifa promote. Enforce the law and prosecute the offenders and lawlessness will wither. Being nice obviously isn't working!
And then liberal police haters wonder why police shootings happen. Police never know what's behind the next door, who has a gun and who will take care of their family if they're killed or disabled. And these police assaults happen fast. So with today's almost total disrespect for police, this means that they have to make very quick decisions concerning their response to threats on their own lives. We can pretty much thank BLM, antifa and progressive Democrats, which are damn near all of them, for these dangerous, anti-cop attitudes.

As long as you keep that attitude up, you will never deal with the problem.
I'm criticizing the binary thinking of the poster making every shooting into a political statement. Like people wear their political affiliation as a badge on their clothing. :)

Dad told me you never hurry to a domestic call, give them some time to work it out on their own. Then you can arrest the winner and call a ambulance for the loser if need be.

In this case doubly so, I mean does anything good ever happen around a Malcom X or MLK Blvd worth hurrying to?
Sounds like a wise man.

And then liberal police haters wonder why police shootings happen. Police never know what's behind the next door, who has a gun and who will take care of their family if they're killed or disabled. And these police assaults happen fast. So with today's almost total disrespect for police, this means that they have to make very quick decisions concerning their response to threats on their own lives. We can pretty much thank BLM, antifa and progressive Democrats, which are damn near all of them, for these dangerous, anti-cop attitudes.
blacks are crazy this why cops are the way they are murdering blacks on the loose.

So where are we at now? Republicans wanting to give cops the leeway to do their job and Democrats are totally backing the criminals. Let the people decide

Mayor Adams is really mad at...guns. “We’re going to find these guns and we’re going to find those who carry them and use them,” he vowed.

He's really confused about how guns are ending up in New York. “There are no gun manufacturers in New York City. We don’t make guns here,” Adams said. “How are we removing thousands of guns off the street and they still find a way into New York City? In the hands of people of people that are killers, constantly carving highways of death, destroying our communities.”

It's almost like the people with guns are not obeying the gun laws. So naturally, we need more of them. “We need Washington to join us and act now to stop the flow of guns in New York City and cities like New York,” he urged.

NYC keeps electing these morons.

Forum List

Back