Twilio CEO announces 11% of employees will lose jobs in 'Anti-Racist' focused layoffs

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Just don't let the racists call you racist. It's one desperate effort to slander others, another step further still to gaslight others with the very accusations that they so consistently represent themselves.

Just don't let them do it. Even if it requires one to pull out a dictionary or a history book to expose who they are, don't ever let them paint you with a brush meant for them.

Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson announced in a message to all employees that 11% of its workforce would be laid off, stating that they made the layoffs through an "Anti-Racist" and "Anti-Oppression" lens.

The San Francisco-based corporate communications company CEO said in the message to employees that the layoffs are "wise and necessary."

"I'm not going to sugarcoat things. A layoff is the last thing we want to do, but I believe it's wise and necessary. Twilio has grown at an astonishing rate over the past couple years. It was too fast, and without enough focus on our most important company priorities. I take responsibility for those decisions, as well as the difficult decision to do this layoff," Lawson said.

In determining which roles would be impacted in the layoffs, Lawson said that company officials examined which roles were most aligned with its four priorities, but said that the layoffs were carried out through an anti-racism lens.

Just don't let the racists call you racist. It's one desperate effort to slander others, another step further still to gaslight others with the very accusations that they so consistently represent themselves.

Just don't let them do it. Even if it requires one to pull out a dictionary or a history book to expose who they are, don't ever let them paint you with a brush meant for them.

Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson announced in a message to all employees that 11% of its workforce would be laid off, stating that they made the layoffs through an "Anti-Racist" and "Anti-Oppression" lens.

The San Francisco-based corporate communications company CEO said in the message to employees that the layoffs are "wise and necessary."

"I'm not going to sugarcoat things. A layoff is the last thing we want to do, but I believe it's wise and necessary. Twilio has grown at an astonishing rate over the past couple years. It was too fast, and without enough focus on our most important company priorities. I take responsibility for those decisions, as well as the difficult decision to do this layoff," Lawson said.

In determining which roles would be impacted in the layoffs, Lawson said that company officials examined which roles were most aligned with its four priorities, but said that the layoffs were carried out through an anti-racism lens.
You see class, this is why you don't lend ANY credence to alt-right media. They LIE to you. Check Page 4 here. This story is several days old.

WHO?

So race had no part in the layoffs?
Why did he have to specifically bring up anti-racism & anti oppression then jackoff?
You keep believing everything your Pravda masters tell you proggy
Page 4 of the CRN story I linked. The quote came AFTER he explained the reasons for the layoff. Which were all rooted in financial issues....and fear.
But Alt-Right Light media would have you believe that racism WAS the reason for the layoffs.

Anytime someone says anti racist, it's just says "I'm going to be racist against non blacks."

You see class, this is why you don't lend ANY credence to alt-right media. They LIE to you. Check Page 4 here. This story is several days old.

SIX page ad-packed clickbait publicist link which fails to refute any of the OP's assertions.

I'd say nice try, but really, it was pathetic.

Forum List

Back