Try being an American first and a minority second.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Tell this to Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans, German-Americans, Polish-Americans, Japanese-Americans , Chinese- Americans, etc.

Only when blacks speak up do we hear this. We are a minority and for all of American history whites have done the whining. You whine today about racial preferences and ignore the fact that whites have been the ones to get the most preference. WHITES are the most protected group in this country. Whites can make up grievances and what they imagine gets turned into laws. Voter "integrity" is a prime example of it.

So is the claim about Asians and affirmative action.

Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College, First Circuit Holds that Harvard’s Admissions Program Does Not Violate the Civil Rights Act., Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College

Russell W. Galloway Jr., Basic Equal Protection Analysis, 29 Santa Clara L. Rev. 121 (1989). Basic Equal Protection Analysis

The diverse demographics of Asian Americans, The diverse demographics of Asian Americans

Admissions Statistics, A Brief Profile of the Admitted Class of 2025, Harvard welcomes students from across the country and all over, Admissions Statistics

Daniella Silva, Study on Harvard finds 43 percent of white students are legacy, athletes, related to donors or staff, Study finds 43 percent of Harvard's white students are legacy, athletes, related to donors or staff

Peter Arcidiacono, Josh Kinsler, Tyler Ransom, National Bureau Of Economic Research, Legacy And Athlete Preferences At Harvard, Working Paper 26316, Legacy and Athlete Preferences at Harvard

Tell this to Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans, German-Americans, Polish-Americans, Japanese-Americans , Chinese- Americans, etc.

Only when blacks speak up do we hear this. We are a minority and for all of American history whites have done the whining. You whine today about racial preferences and ignore the fact that whites have been the ones to get the most preference. WHITES are the most protected group in this country. Whites can make up grievances and what they imagine gets turned into laws. Voter "integrity" is a prime example of it.

So is the claim about Asians and affirmative action.

Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College, First Circuit Holds that Harvard’s Admissions Program Does Not Violate the Civil Rights Act., Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College

Russell W. Galloway Jr., Basic Equal Protection Analysis, 29 Santa Clara L. Rev. 121 (1989). Basic Equal Protection Analysis

The diverse demographics of Asian Americans, The diverse demographics of Asian Americans

Admissions Statistics, A Brief Profile of the Admitted Class of 2025, Harvard welcomes students from across the country and all over, Admissions Statistics

Daniella Silva, Study on Harvard finds 43 percent of white students are legacy, athletes, related to donors or staff, Study finds 43 percent of Harvard's white students are legacy, athletes, related to donors or staff

Peter Arcidiacono, Josh Kinsler, Tyler Ransom, National Bureau Of Economic Research, Legacy And Athlete Preferences At Harvard, Working Paper 26316, Legacy and Athlete Preferences at Harvard
Most people do not call themselves a hyphen American

Only the far lefties insist on listing themselves as only half American

uh, America has a history of racism towards all those people you mentioned.
America does not have a history of racism against white groups. It was ethnocentrism and those white groups decided to unify behind the race card.

Art McDonald, Ph.D., How the Irish Became White,
Sarah Kendzior, How do you become “white” in America? How do you become “white” in America?

And none of those groups are told anything when they state their ancestry.

BS.

An acquaintance of mine -- someone who was born in Japan and emigrated to America -- was honored with a banquet by the Japanese-American Citizens' League and he refused to go. He said, "I'm American". Said a lot. I respected him a great deal for that statement, especially knowing the story of how his family suffered after Pearl Harbor. They lost everything they had but their identity as Americans.

The hyphen-Americans need to look long and hard at who they are. I have Sioux blood and I refuse to call myself a "Native American". Stupid virtue signaling white liberals use that phrase. I am an American with mixed white and indian blood.

America does not have a history of racism against white groups. It was ethnocentrism and those white groups decided to unify behind the race card.

Art McDonald, Ph.D., How the Irish Became White,
Sarah Kendzior, How do you become “white” in America? How do you become “white” in America?

And none of those groups are told anything when they state their ancestry.
Why dont you tell us in your own words how to become white?

An acquaintance of mine -- someone who was born in Japan and emigrated to America -- was honored with a banquet by the Japanese-American Citizens' League and he refused to go. He said, "I'm American". Said a lot. I respected him a great deal for that statement, especially knowing the story of how his family suffered after Pearl Harbor.

The hyphen-Americans need to look long and hard at who they are. I have Sioux blood and I refuse to call myself a "Native American". Stupid virtue signaling white liberals use that phrase. I am an American with mixed white and indian blood.

Didn't hear any whining and complaints about this. You didn't see blacks talking about protesting the month or denigrating it. It's time some whites in this country drop the entitlement mentality.

The America you claim never existed. The belief that your skin color makes you better is untrue. The story that whites have what they do only because of hard work and merit is not so. The belief that the only real Americans are white was disproven by the fact that people of color were standing on the shores of this country when European ships first landed here.

If there can be Irish-Americans, there can be African Americans and no one white should have squat to say about it.

Why dont you tell us in your own words how to become white?
Read the articles written by whites in the links you would ask for if I posted my opinion.

Anybody who tells me "I'm 'something'-American", I stop listening to them. They are dead to me.
They are NOT American, they are just users, abusers, hypocrites, and liars.

Don't have any fucking time to waste on them. Losers!
Yeah right.

Didn't hear any whining and complaints about this. You didn't see blacks talking about protesting the month or denigrating it. It's time some whites in this country drop the entitlement mentality.

The America you claim never existed. The belief that your skin color makes you better is untrue. The story that whites have what they do only because of hard work and merit is not so. The belief that the only real Americans are white was disproven by the fact that people of color were standing on the shores of this country when European ships first landed here.

If there can be Irish-Americans, there can be African Americans and no one white should have squat to say about it.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Read the articles written by whites in the links you would ask for if I posted my opinion.
Assuming YOU read the articles then you should be able to summarize them in
your own words

If not then they are pretty useless

It doesn't matter what group does it, many of us never agreed with the hyphenated American thing. It's divisive and unnecessary.

But a better topic would be, why do so many people find their identity in their race...or even their nationality? I mean, people can base their identity on anything they choose... :dunno: but iyam things like race, gender, sexual orientation or even nationality are not what's most important in the grand scheme of things.

Assuming YOU read the articles then you should be able to summarize them in
your own words

If not then they are pretty useless
Since you don't do this to whites, don't ask me to do it. The articles speak for themselves, you guys always ask for links and you got them. I stated opinion before I posted the links.

It doesn't matter what group does it, many of us never agreed with the hyphenated American thing. It's divisive and unnecessary.

But a better topic would be, why do so many people find their identity in their race...or even their nationality? I mean, people can base their identity on anything they choose... :dunno: but iyam things like race, gender, sexual orientation or even nationality are not what's most important in the grand scheme of things.
Funny how I never heard it until blacks started saying it. The words define ancestry. Race has been pretty important to whites since this country was founded.

Since you don't do this to whites, don't ask me to do it. The articles speak for themselves, you guys always ask for links and you got them. I stated opinion before I posted the links.
This was your link:

If you didnt bother reading why should we?

And if you did read it but cant summarize in your own words then maybe you need to read it again before offering it to us

Funny how I never heard it until blacks started saying it. The words define ancestry. Race has been pretty important to whites since this country was founded.

I hear it used for other groups too, for example "Mexican Americans", "Native Americans", etc.

BTW, I'm curious to know who popularized the term "African Americans." Like I said, people can identify any way they choose.... but something tells me that it's the powers-that-be (as opposed to the people) who come up with these types of things. Why, because one of their main tactics is divide and conquer. So they're constantly pitting groups against each other, and making Americans into divided groups is one way of doing that. There's a lot more to be said about that, but real life calls at the moment.

Forum List

Back