trumps popularity overseas

medias best kept secret? more and more people are speaking out against the globalist effort. personally i don't get it. how can a world get along when we can't even get along in a simple forum like this?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...rseas_is_one_of_medias_best_kept_secrets.html

The mainstream media pretends that their scorn for President Trump is almost universally shared overseas. While globalists everywhere (along with their media allies) dislike him for standing up for national sovereignty, a rising tide of populist revolt is shaking them to their core. And Trump is a hero – even a superhero – to the growing number of anti-globalist populists around the world.

Stark evidence of this popularity of President Trump comes from Italy, where a populist government won power – though the media tend to ignore this. The Carnival of Viareggio, described as “world-famous” by Medium.com (the website chosen by Jeff Bezos for his j’accuse manifesto against the National Enquirer) dates back to 1873, and has established itself as the venue for featuring amazing giant figures. It takes place in Tuscany, a wealthy area that is a magnet for tourists worldwide.

He and the “little rocket man” fell in love.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Does that sound like sane strategy to you?

I can't speak for the rest of the world but here in Italy many people like Donald Trump. But other people hate him because he "looks like" Silvio Berlusconi :eusa_shifty:

medias best kept secret? more and more people are speaking out against the globalist effort. personally i don't get it. how can a world get along when we can't even get along in a simple forum like this?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...rseas_is_one_of_medias_best_kept_secrets.html

The mainstream media pretends that their scorn for President Trump is almost universally shared overseas. While globalists everywhere (along with their media allies) dislike him for standing up for national sovereignty, a rising tide of populist revolt is shaking them to their core. And Trump is a hero – even a superhero – to the growing number of anti-globalist populists around the world.

Stark evidence of this popularity of President Trump comes from Italy, where a populist government won power – though the media tend to ignore this. The Carnival of Viareggio, described as “world-famous” by Medium.com (the website chosen by Jeff Bezos for his j’accuse manifesto against the National Enquirer) dates back to 1873, and has established itself as the venue for featuring amazing giant figures. It takes place in Tuscany, a wealthy area that is a magnet for tourists worldwide.

Popularity among the anti-globalists only.

Do you ever post anything that is honest?

By honest you mean something you agree with Dave? Not how the world works. How can a link be dishonest? Please explain.

Sure he's the poster boy and the great white hope for autocrats and the populists everywhere. people like Bolsonaro openly saying he wouldn't mind shooting tens of thousands of his political opposition. Or Farage, who's leave movement is making the UK commit economical suicide. Not to mention Putin, Little Rocket man and the shining example of humanity that is MBS. If those are the figures that like you. I contend one should really examine if those are really the people to be associated with.

Sure he's the poster boy and the great white hope for autocrats and the populists everywhere. people like Bolsonaro openly saying he wouldn't mind shooting tens of thousands of his political opposition. Or Farage, who's leave movement is making the UK commit economical suicide. Not to mention Putin, Little Rocket man and the shining example of humanity that is MBS. If those are the figures that like you. I contend one should really examine if those are really the people to be associated with.
wanting to end the bullshit hypocrisy and not be "globalist" isn't a "white" thing no matter how much the left keeps trying to sell that bag-0-crap.

wanting to end the bullshit hypocrisy and not be "globalist" isn't a "white" thing no matter how much the left keeps trying to sell that bag-0-crap.
So what you got out of my post is that I find them racists? I think you are deliberately misreading my post. My problem with them is that they are in fact dictators or people who want to be dictators or in the case of Farage pushing an agenda that does harm to the country they represent. If you find being anti-globalism is worth being anti-democratic I can't help but to question your sense of patriotism.

So what you got out of my post is that I find them racists? I think you are deliberately misreading my post. My problem with them is that they are in fact dictators or people who want to be dictators or in the case of Farage pushing an agenda that does harm to the country they represent. If you find being anti-globalism is worth being anti-democratic I can't help but to question your sense of patriotism.
you came in shouting GREAT WHITE HOPE.

don't get mad at me i caught that.

as for my patriotism - giggle. question away. i have to give a shit for it to matter.

as for my patriotism - giggle. question away. i have to give a shit for it to matter.
I'm not mad. I just noticed that of my post that's the one thing you zoomed in on. Without I might add, trying to argue the premise that the foreign people who are happy with Trump either blatantly espouse values that most Americans find horrendous or in fact do things that do harm to their country. I find touting their support as an achievement, is an interesting thing to claim as an American.
This leads me to ask the question.If you find Globalism so bad that you are willing to turn your back on allies in favor of people who quite recently would be considered evil, what does it mean for you to be American? By the way I'm European, so I'm genuinely interested. This is not some gotcha thing.

I'm not mad. I just noticed that of my post that's the one thing you zoomed in on. Without I might add, trying to argue the premise that the foreign people who are happy with Trump either blatantly espouse values that most Americans find horrendous or in fact do things that do harm to their country. I find touting their support as an achievement, is an interesting thing to claim as an American.
This leads me to ask the question.If you find Globalism so bad that you are willing to turn your back on allies in favor of people who quite recently would be considered evil, what does it mean for you to be American? By the way I'm European, so I'm genuinely interested. This is not some gotcha thing.
sorry - i'm not down with your math.

we've had allies for a long long long long long long long long long time. we only got on this globalist bandwagon in the last decade+.

ergo - we can be proud of our nation AND others AND work with them WITHOUT being the same OF WHICH we never will be.

we've had allies for a long long long long long long long long long time. we only got on this globalist bandwagon in the last decade+.

ergo - we can be proud of our nation AND others AND work with them WITHOUT being the same OF WHICH we never will be.
Lol, we've had McDonalds here for 30+ years. Ford has been here since the model T. It's all globalism and has allowed the US to become the worlds richest nation. Being anti-globalism as an American is like being allergic to cats and being a veterinarian.
As for the rest. Being European I can say that Trump is NOT very popular except for the xenophobes of which my country has quite a few.
I personally believe in the adage that you can judge a person by the company he keeps. In the case of Trump that is not a good thing.

Lol, we've had McDonalds here for 30+ years. Ford has been here since the model T. It's all globalism and has allowed the US to become the worlds richest nation. Being anti-globalism as an American is like being allergic to cats and being a veterinarian.
As for the rest. Being European I can say that Trump is NOT very popular except for the xenophobes of which my country has quite a few.
I personally believe in the adage that you can judge a person by the company he keeps. In the case of Trump that is not a good thing.
so he is popular with quite a few.

thanks.

Yeah, you kids tried this yesterday. tRump is universally despised, not just here but abroad as well.

Trump is awesome at making piece of shits feel like the piece of shits they are... here and abroad...whereas that Kenyan Chimp championed all things piece of shit. Good effective leaders are rarely embraced by underachieving filth...ask JoeB131 and danielpalos
Weird huh?

tRump is universally despised, not just here but abroad as well.
What an odd turn of phrase. <Sigh>, another child left behind.

Anyway, as in the US, Trump is despised by many of the elites, especially in Europe, but supported openly or secretly by the commoners. You can expect more countries to join the UK, Italy and Austria in Trump's footsteps. France and Germany are next.

thanks.
Sure he is. About twenty percent, maybe a bit more.In a Democracy that is considered a minority. That's not to say it's the same everywhere. Hungary, Poland and as mentioned Italy have friendlier governments. The thing is NONE of these countries are anti-globalists they are anti-immigration. This brings me to my original statement, although, racism wouldn't be my term of choice, that would be bigotry. And yes Trump is popular with the bigots.

thanks.
Sure he is. About twenty percent, maybe a bit more.In a Democracy that is considered a minority. That's not to say it's the same everywhere. Hungary, Poland and as mentioned Italy have friendlier governments. The thing is NONE of these countries are anti-globalists they are anti-immigration. This brings me to my original statement, although, racism wouldn't be my term of choice, that would be bigotry. And yes Trump is popular with the bigots.
i just don't listen to people who can only "groupthink" anymore.

have a day.

thanks.

have a day.
Seems to me that the problem is that you don't like me challenging your statements. You started an OP about Trumps popularity abroad but when challenged by an actual foreigner who doesn't follow YOUR way of thinking, you challenge my ability to think for myself. I find that ironic. I'm on the record on this board for admitting to being wrong, and even change my position when it was shown in error. Something tells me you won't be able to show the same.

I only got as far as "mainstream media pretends". If I need to hear bellyaching about the media I`ll give crazy ass Palin a call. Trump`s global popularity is driving away foreign tourists but I suspect it isn`t Trump himself that`s hurting foreign tourism, it`s his crazy ass supporters like his neo -Nazis that marched in Charlottesville with their tiki torches in one hand and using the other hand for the Hitler salute.
How the ‘Trump Slump’ is ruining tourism — America’s most successful export

thanks.

have a day.
Seems to me that the problem is that you don't like me challenging your statements. You started an OP about Trumps popularity abroad but when challenged by an actual foreigner who doesn't follow YOUR way of thinking, you challenge my ability to think for myself. I find that ironic. I'm on the record on this board for admitting to being wrong, and even change my position when it was shown in error. Something tells me you won't be able to show the same.
I've said I'm wrong several times. Feel free to look around.

I'm just not into talking to people who seem to talk in stereotypes.

Why, why, why, WHY do fellow Americans even give a fuck what other countries think of us at this at this point??? All other countries will always hate us no matter what we do or don't do and no matter who we elect! And I've SEEN they're guiltier of ALL the nasty stereotypes for which they accuse us "bloody yanks." Do you liberals not understand that the ONLY difference between America's "allies" and America's enemies is that America's enemies are more honest about their hatred for us? That's it! Xenophobic as it sounds, FUCK the rest of this parasite, childish, babyish world with every last quantum of my "bloody seppo" yankee-doodle-soul. I WANT America to fuck over you foreign sniveling crybabies.

real popular ...

trump-putin-kiss.jpg

Trump will fuck them over ...

Forum List

Back