Trump's DOJ detains US citizen without charge and denies access to a lawyer

Nov 22, 2017
And, believe me, this is not a defense of the citizen, who was picked up in Iraq after allegedly working with ISIS -- it's a defense of the American way.

If the US government arrests you, it has to charge you with a crime and provide you with access to an attorney if you request one. End of story.

That is, unless you are okay with America becoming a fascist/totalitarian state, one that locks up people and throws away the key.

We cannot allow Trump and his henchmen to destroy our democracy and legal system because they are a bunch of sissies with wet panties when they get scared.

Here is the link on the story. It's not "fake news," either:

Judge blasts Trump admin in hearing over American accused of fighting for ISIS - CNNPolitics

There is a special place for such as those.

Six feet under the sands of Iraq.

The "American way" is that you don't don't aid an enemy in trying to destroy this country. If the shithead was fighting for ISIS, then he's an enemy combatant and need to be dealt with.

The "American way" is that you don't don't aid an enemy in trying to destroy this country. If the shithead was fighting for ISIS, then he's an enemy combatant and need to be dealt with.

That’s not what you right wingers said when Obama used drones to kill Americans fighting for Al Qaeda. You said these people were American citizens who were deprived of their Constitutional right to a fair trial.

Amazing how when it’s Trump depriving US citizens of their Constitutional rights, it’s fine by you.

And, believe me, this is not a defense of the citizen, who was picked up in Iraq after allegedly working with ISIS -- it's a defense of the American way.

If the US government arrests you, it has to charge you with a crime and provide you with access to an attorney if you request one. End of story.

That is, unless you are okay with America becoming a fascist/totalitarian state, one that locks up people and throws away the key.

We cannot allow Trump and his henchmen to destroy our democracy and legal system because they are a bunch of sissies with wet panties when they get scared.

Judge blasts Trump admin in hearing over American accused of fighting for ISIS - CNNPolitics

Wow, an unnamed victim based on an unnamed source....go figure.

That’s not what you right wingers said when Obama used drones to kill Americans fighting for Al Qaeda. You said these people were American citizens who were deprived of their Constitutional right to a fair trial.

Amazing how when it’s Trump depriving US citizens of their Constitutional rights, it’s fine by you.

Did I ever say that? I actually cheered when Obama ran up a bigger drone-strike body count than GW. During his 8 years in office, he actually was good at killing shithead Muslim terrorists. But that's about all. He even received a Nobel Peace Prize for his body count.

Unfortunately, he also ended up killing more innocent women and children with his drone strikes, than did GW.

You do like women and children, don't you?

Isn't it more a case of America trying to destroy ISIS than ISIS trying to destroy America?

I'm not defending the nutjob helping ISIS, but I am defending our judicial system and due process.

Just because the RW panty-wastes get scared doesn't mean they get to shit on the Constitution.

Isn't it more a case of America trying to destroy ISIS than ISIS trying to destroy America?

I'm not defending the nutjob helping ISIS, but I am defending our judicial system and due process.

Just because the RW panty-wastes get scared doesn't mean they get to shit on the Constitution.

This is wartime. Enemy combatants aren't covered by the United States Constitution, only the Geneva Convention. Which means unfortunately, that we can't take him out behind the barn and put a 9mm behind his ear.

ISIS would like nothing more than to see this country living under a despotic Sharia Law rule.

There's a book that was based on fact. The book was named "Man Without A Country". It was based on the "story of American Army lieutenant Philip Nolan, who renounces his country during a trial for treason and is consequently sentenced to spend the rest of his days at sea without so much as a word of news about the United States."

The Man Without a Country - Wikipedia

Personally, I think he got off easy.

This is wartime. Enemy combatants aren't covered by the United States Constitution, only the Geneva Convention. Which means unfortunately, that we can't take him out behind the barn and put a 9mm behind his ear.

ISIS would like nothing more than to see this country living under a despotic Sharia Law rule.

There's a book that was based on fact. The book was named "Man Without A Country". It was based on the "story of American Army lieutenant Philip Nolan, who renounces his country during a trial for treason and is consequently sentenced to spend the rest of his days at sea without so much as a word of news about the United States."

The Man Without a Country - Wikipedia

Personally, I think he got off easy.
You don't stop being a US citizen and surrender your rights because the government doesn't like you or the causes you support.

If that were true, aren't all the RW nuts who caused the ruckus and death in Charlottesville "enemy combatants?"

If you let Big Gov deny another citizen his rights, how long before Big Gov takes away yours?

Actually a Repub congress gave the executive branch the power of indefinite confinement without any legal recourse as long as you are named an "enemy combatant" no matter what you citizenship status is.

I have been telling people about this for a long time, but they were like 'Oh, they will never use that power"...

Obama just assassinated US citizens and their kids, blew them to bits with a drone strike.
Sez you. Got a link to the incident in question?

Additionally, if you're actually right about that, why not admit what Trump is doing to this US citizen is also wrong?

I'm too busy mocking the left's double standards.

Or the rights double standard who condemned Obama and are now cheering on Trump. Partisanship looks the same from both sides. Just a bunch of brainless lemmings doing and thinking what they are told to do and think

Obama just assassinated US citizens and their kids, blew them to bits with a drone strike.

It was front page news, did you sleep through the Obama administration?
So it should be easy for you to find then, huh?

Back up your point, if you can, and then tell me whether you agree with Obama doing that and Trump denying this US citizen due process.

Additionally, if you're actually right about that, why not admit what Trump is doing to this US citizen is also wrong?

I'm too busy mocking the left's double standards.

Or the rights double standard who condemned Obama and are now cheering on Trump. Partisanship looks the same from both sides. Just a bunch of brainless lemmings doing and thinking what they are told to do and think

This is where I remind you I hate liberals, they will be destroyed God wills it.

Forum List

Back