Trump working on pardoning people accused of war crimes

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No low to low for a man who openly admires and seeks to emulate dictators and authoritarians.

Our military has standards and codes. It is professional and strict. Something our enemies typically lack. Trump seems to want them to emulate our enemies. No surprise.

Trump may pardon US soldiers accused or convicted of war crimes – report

Legal experts cited in the report said pardoning several accused and convicted war criminals, including some who have not yet gone to trial, has not been done in recent history. Some worried such pardons could erode the legitimacy of military law.

Likkmee

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your stateside military puts on the show.
You're military abroad is a clusterfuck....always has been

caddo kid

Gold Member
Reaction score
No low to low for a man who openly admires and seeks to emulate dictators and authoritarians.

Our military has standards and codes. It is professional and strict. Something our enemies typically lack. Trump seems to want them to emulate our enemies. No surprise.

Legal experts cited in the report said pardoning several accused and convicted war criminals, including some who have not yet gone to trial, has not been done in recent history. Some worried such pardons could erode the legitimacy of military law.

Trump has already pardoned a convicted murderer; why not pardon more murderers?

Makes perfect sense for TrumpAssHole.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So much better when Clinton was getting paid to pardon criminals right? In this case the men were convicted not because what they did was so bad but because it wasn't PC.

OP
Coyote

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much better when Clinton was getting paid to pardon criminals right? In this case the men were convicted not because what they did was so bad but because it wasn't PC.
Targeting and murdering unarmed civilians has nothing to do with PC.

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Platinum Member
Reaction score

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The man he pardon did NOT do that now did he? He was a terrorist that went for his sidearm.

OP
Coyote

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is about time we had a president that stood up for Americans.
Criminal Americans.
Those are the only ones he admires.
No. From what I hear, he doesn't really care for Obama, or the Clintons. Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Lynch, Holder, and several other criminals are NOT on his Christmas card list!
Remind me...what were they indicted and convicted of?

OP
Coyote

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The man he pardon did NOT do that now did he? He was a terrorist that went for his sidearm.
That wasn’t what the op was referring to.
And the op has nothing UNTIL someone is ACTUALLY pardoned.

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is about time we had a president that stood up for Americans.
Criminal Americans.
Those are the only ones he admires.
No. From what I hear, he doesn't really care for Obama, or the Clintons. Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Lynch, Holder, and several other criminals are NOT on his Christmas card list!
Remind me...what were they indicted and convicted of?
Bill Clinton you should know. The rest will be getting served very soon.

You don't have to be convicted to be a criminal. Is't that what all the libtards say?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That wasn’t what the op was referring to.
The OP is a maybe this maybe that and here you are claiming it is absolutely going to happen and that it is despicable. What happen you run out of other things to accuse Trump of?

toobfreak

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Ain't got enough to bitch about without sniping Trump for things that haven't even happened?

Any soldier Trump pardons is AOK in my book anyway. Soldiers are there for one thing; show me an enemy that has any of THEIR soldiers locked up for killing one of us? ZERO.

Crepitus

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Link? My understanding wasn't was shot while I'm cuffs and unarmed

OP
Coyote

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Civilians get killed in war, that is understood. But there is a difference between targeting and killing them, and the unavoidable reality that some will get caught up in firefight.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/trump-expected-to-pardon-navy-seal-accused-of-war-crimes/

According to the Times, the president might also pardon Army Green Beret Mathew Golsteyn, who was accused of killing an unarmed civilian; Nicholas Slatten, a former Blackwater guard found guilty of shooting dozens of unarmed Iraqis; and a group of Marine snipers accused of defiling a dead Taliban fighter’s corpse.

I am somewhat sympathetic to Golsteyn...his situation was a difficult one and his record had many good points, but the military has its own strict boards and rules and they exist for a reason.

Nicholas Slatten on the other hand.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...dfd0e0dd65a_story.html?utm_term=.58353655e006

This man’s actions are exactly why private contractors (aka mercenaries) should not be there.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Link? My understanding wasn't was shot while I'm cuffs and unarmed
The Military REFUSED to allow that defense so there is no link. It was in the pardon story.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List