Trump was right...Biden orders completion of President Trump’s border wall…"BUT We are cleaning up the mess the prior administration made,"

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011

Biden authorizes completion of Trump wall near Yuma​

PHOENIX — The Biden administration on Thursday authorized completion of the Trump-funded border wall in an open area of southern Arizona near Yuma, where four wide gaps make it among the busiest corridors for illegal crossings. The Department of Homeland Security said in a statement that the work to complete the project near the Morelos Dam will ‘better protect illegals who can get hurt slipping down a slope or drown walking through a low section of the Colorado River.’

Now listen to what the White House spokeswoman states regarding the completion...
The White House on Friday downplayed its decision to finish construction on a section of former President Donald Trump's border wall near Yuma, Arizona.
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was asked about the move by Fox News Channel's Peter Doocy during the daily press briefing. Jean-Pierre asserted that President Biden was "not finishing the wall," but rather filling gaps to prevent migrants from attempting dangerous border crossings.
We are cleaning up the mess the prior administration made," said Jean-Pierre. "We are trying to save lives… A border wall is an ineffective use of taxpayer dollars."

HMMM...as she said "A border wall is an ineffective use of taxpayer dollars." so why are they doing it?

So do you Trump haters agree with her.... "border wall is ineffective... and we are not finishing the wall"?
This movie clip I think helps explain the politics involved!

Finishing the wall is a good thing.
I'm not throwing rocks, except to say that's just the first Biden fuckup that needs to be reversed.
Now Joe needs to close the border, and restart the "remain in Mexico" policy.
All of a sudden the sanctuary cities and states realize they have migrants coming out of their ears.

Last edited:
1659189537768.png

Finishing the wall is a good thing.
I'm not throwing rocks, except to say that's just the first Biden fuckup that needs to be reversed.
Now Joe needs to close the border, and restart the "remain in Mexico" policy.
All of a sudden the sanctuary cities and states realize they have migrants coming out of their ears.
Remember what he said while campaigning...
I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, "

So where is the MSM on the above statement? Zero! Totally shows how these two articles about the biased MSM can NOT be believed and probably why the MSM is not reminding Joe!
But what it should show to those people that have supported the pedophile, the MSM can not be believed! They bet on Hillary and Joe!

MSMdonations.png

Once in a while I think it's important to remove one's self from politically charged allegations used as a cudgel against Biden and dispassionately examine the facts.

The 14 Most Common Arguments against Immigration and Why They’re Wrong​

Arguments against immigration come across my desk every day but I rarely encounter a unique one. In 2016, I wrote a blog responding to the most common arguments with links to different research. Since then, academics and policy analysts have produced new research that should be included. These are the main arguments against immigration, my quick responses to them, and links to some of the most relevant evidence:

1. “Immigrants will take American jobs, lower our wages, and especially hurt the poor.”

This is the most common argument and also the one with the greatest amount of evidence rebutting it. First, the displacement effect is small if it even affects natives at all. Immigrants are typically attracted to growing regions and they increase the supply and demand sides of the economy once they are there, expanding employment opportunities. Second, the debate over immigrant impacts on American wages is confined to the lower single digits—immigrants may increase the relative wages for some Americans by a tiny amount and decrease them by a larger amount for the few Americans who directly compete against them. Immigrants likely compete most directly against other immigrants so the effects on less‐skilled native‐born Americans might be very small or even positive.

New research by Harvard professor George Borjas on the effect of the Mariel Boatlift—a giant shock to Miami’s labor market that increased the size of its population by 7 percent in 42 days—finds large negative wage effects concentrated on Americans with less than a high school degree. To put the scale of that shock to Miami in context, it would be as if 22.4 million immigrants moved to America in a six‐week period—which will not happen. Some doubt Borjas’s finding and Borjas’s response. Even if the Mariel Boatlift had such a large and negative effect on the wages of native‐born high‐school dropouts in Miami, it had a large positive impact on the wages of natives with only a high school education, to such a degree that the wages of lower‐skilled Miamians actually increased. The rapid recovery of Hispanic wages in Miami also produces some doubt as to Mariel’s effect on native wages as Hispanics were the most likely to suffer wage declines from competition with the new Cuban immigrants. Economists Michael Clemens and Jennifer Hunt have the most devastating response to Borjas: His response was due entirely to a different sample collected in Miami over the years where he observed the wage decline. Thus, the data collectors made Mariel look like it had a large negative wage effect by changing whom they surveyed.

Although some doubt Borjas’s finding regarding Mariel, it is not in doubt that immigration has overall increased the wages and income of Americans. The smallest estimated immigration surplus, as it is called, is equal to about 0.24 percent of GDP—which excludes the gains to immigrants and just focuses on those of native‐born Americans.

Once in a while I think it's important to remove one's self from politically charged allegations used as a cudgel against Biden and dispassionately examine the facts.

The 14 Most Common Arguments against Immigration and Why They’re Wrong​

Arguments against immigration come across my desk every day but I rarely encounter a unique one. In 2016, I wrote a blog responding to the most common arguments with links to different research. Since then, academics and policy analysts have produced new research that should be included. These are the main arguments against immigration, my quick responses to them, and links to some of the most relevant evidence:

1. “Immigrants will take American jobs, lower our wages, and especially hurt the poor.”

This is the most common argument and also the one with the greatest amount of evidence rebutting it. First, the displacement effect is small if it even affects natives at all. Immigrants are typically attracted to growing regions and they increase the supply and demand sides of the economy once they are there, expanding employment opportunities. Second, the debate over immigrant impacts on American wages is confined to the lower single digits—immigrants may increase the relative wages for some Americans by a tiny amount and decrease them by a larger amount for the few Americans who directly compete against them. Immigrants likely compete most directly against other immigrants so the effects on less‐skilled native‐born Americans might be very small or even positive.

New research by Harvard professor George Borjas on the effect of the Mariel Boatlift—a giant shock to Miami’s labor market that increased the size of its population by 7 percent in 42 days—finds large negative wage effects concentrated on Americans with less than a high school degree. To put the scale of that shock to Miami in context, it would be as if 22.4 million immigrants moved to America in a six‐week period—which will not happen. Some doubt Borjas’s finding and Borjas’s response. Even if the Mariel Boatlift had such a large and negative effect on the wages of native‐born high‐school dropouts in Miami, it had a large positive impact on the wages of natives with only a high school education, to such a degree that the wages of lower‐skilled Miamians actually increased. The rapid recovery of Hispanic wages in Miami also produces some doubt as to Mariel’s effect on native wages as Hispanics were the most likely to suffer wage declines from competition with the new Cuban immigrants. Economists Michael Clemens and Jennifer Hunt have the most devastating response to Borjas: His response was due entirely to a different sample collected in Miami over the years where he observed the wage decline. Thus, the data collectors made Mariel look like it had a large negative wage effect by changing whom they surveyed.

Although some doubt Borjas’s finding regarding Mariel, it is not in doubt that immigration has overall increased the wages and income of Americans. The smallest estimated immigration surplus, as it is called, is equal to about 0.24 percent of GDP—which excludes the gains to immigrants and just focuses on those of native‐born American
Who is against "LEGAL" immigration?
I have a very personal point of interest in this topic as a very close relative went through the laborious and time consuming Naturalization process to become a U.S. citizen.
Gross distinction between my relative and illegals.
As far as a Biden "cudgel" Biden's words "surge to the border" and "There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration, No. 1," were taken to heart thus causing as of today, In just ONE MONTH:
  • In total, there were 207,416 encounters along the southwest land border in June,
  • Encounters of unaccompanied children increased 4 percent, with 15,271 encounters in June compared with 14,678 in May.
No one is including MYSELF against people who come to the USA legally and seeks citizenship as my relative has done.

What I am along with millions of logical people are against the gross stupidity of this administration regarding allowing "illegals" WITH COVID cross illegally while if you come in unvaccinated you are not allowed.

Oh and by the way the LIE Biden tells, i.e. "There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration, No. 1," explain this political position:

Biden heads back to Delaware beach house, where he’s building $500K taxpayer-funded security fence​

Last edited:

PHOENIX — The Biden administration on Thursday authorized completion of the Trump-funded border wall in an open area of southern Arizona near Yuma, where four wide gaps make it among the busiest corridors for illegal crossings. The Department of Homeland Security said in a statement that the work to complete the project near the Morelos Dam will ‘better protect illegals who can get hurt slipping down a slope or drown walking through a low section of the Colorado River.’

Now listen to what the White House spokeswoman states regarding the completion...
The White House on Friday downplayed its decision to finish construction on a section of former President Donald Trump's border wall near Yuma, Arizona.
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was asked about the move by Fox News Channel's Peter Doocy during the daily press briefing. Jean-Pierre asserted that President Biden was "not finishing the wall," but rather filling gaps to prevent migrants from attempting dangerous border crossings.
We are cleaning up the mess the prior administration made," said Jean-Pierre. "We are trying to save lives… A border wall is an ineffective use of taxpayer dollars."

HMMM...as she said "A border wall is an ineffective use of taxpayer dollars." so why are they doing it?

So do you Trump haters agree with her.... "border wall is ineffective... and we are not finishing the wall"?

Did Mexico pay for it?

Did Mexico pay for it?
Nope because the wall was stopped by Biden who then tells illegals..."surge to the border"! The first step was to stop illegals. Then put on tariffs that
would have paid for the wall. But this idiot Biden not only stops but because YOUR idiot then continues to pay
Biden suspended all construction on his first day in office, leaving unused steel panels and piping at construction sites along the border.
Most estimates place the value of surplus material at $265 million, with some estimates as high as $350 million.
The Republicans’ 2021 congressional report does not state if the costs for clean-up projects is included in the $3 million daily figure.
Think about the stupidity! Spend $ 3 million a DAY! For what? The blatant TRUTH is Biden's stupid action was to get back on Trump. That's it!
thousands of drug deaths. Thousands of Covid deaths. Thousands of other deaths all because BIDEN was getting even with Trump!
Truly equal to this image!
Bidenfiddles.png

Oh, goody. I hope the big, beautiful, terrific (and all those other favorite Trump adjectives) wall gets built so I can laugh my ass off when it has absolutely no impact on our economy, the crime rate, or the price of milk.

glad to hear the xiden admin has reversed course and decided to try and undo some of the damage they have caused

Nope because the wall was stopped by Biden who then tells illegals..."surge to the border"! The first step was to stop illegals. Then put on tariffs that
would have paid for the wall. But this idiot Biden not only stops but because YOUR idiot then continues to pay
Biden suspended all construction on his first day in office, leaving unused steel panels and piping at construction sites along the border.
Most estimates place the value of surplus material at $265 million, with some estimates as high as $350 million.
The Republicans’ 2021 congressional report does not state if the costs for clean-up projects is included in the $3 million daily figure.
Think about the stupidity! Spend $ 3 million a DAY! For what? The blatant TRUTH is Biden's stupid action was to get back on Trump. That's it!
thousands of drug deaths. Thousands of Covid deaths. Thousands of other deaths all because BIDEN was getting even with Trump!
Truly equal to this image!
View attachment 696809
A 2,000 mile wall is a ridiculous idea anyway.
This is the concept Trump sold to his suckers.
And they fell for it.
Then he told them Mexico was going to pay for it.
And they fell for that too.
Then they wound up having to pay for it....but they didn't mind.
Because no matter how MUCH shit Trump feeds his cultists they'll not only swallow it....they'll thank him for it and ask for an even BIGGER spoonfull next time!
YUM! YUM!

Those of us that know the border have realized all along that there has always been plenty of wall (and other physical barriers up in heavy population centers.
Much of it has fallen into disrepair over the years.
All Biden is doing is revamping ALREADY existing barriers in need of it.
He's NOT promising to build a "Great Wall of China" type monument to himself like that last horse's ass did!

Biden is violating the US Constitution and US laws, letting millions of illegals into the US, so none of the terrorists, cartel members, human / drug / child / sex traffickers, murderers, sex criminals, violent gang members, pedophiles, murderers, etc... don't slip coming down a rope as they illegally enter the US....?

WTF?!

And they fell for it.
Because no matter how MUCH shit Trump feeds his cultists they'll not only swallow it....they'll thank him for it and ask for an even BIGGER spoonfull next time!
YUM! YUM!

Those of us that know the border have realized all along that there has always been plenty of wall (and other physical barriers up in heavy population centers.
He's NOT promising to build a "Great Wall of China" type monument to himself like that last horse's ass did!
can you provide a link supporting your claim that xiden isn’t building new wall and only is repairiing existing walll

And they fell for it.
YUM! YUM!

YOU are just as dumb as most of your comrades! NOT ONE link proving your dumb ass comment and of course not because YOU make them UP!
Dumb ass ignorant comment 1...
There NEVER was a f...king plan for a 2,000 mile WALL you idiot!

But, within five years the United States, under the direction of President Bill Clinton, would start building its own border wall at the US-Mexico border. That wall has been under intermittent construction for the past 25 years. It is currently about 800-miles of fortified structure along a 2000-mile border. History of Border Wall — Ay Mariposa Film

Dumb ass # 2​

First on ABC: Mexico to pay $1.5 billion for US border security and processing, source says​

Hey dumb ass... What 2 other presidents donated their salaries to charities as Trump did? You thieving Democrats steal money i.e. Pelosi, Hunter Biden!!!

Last edited:
Speaking of DUMB-ASSES....MAN you really swallowed a BIG spoonfull!
Falling for that "donated salary" lie.

One has to wonder, with your obvious blind, hero worship of the Orange shit-stain, what other bodily excrrtions of his you'd be willing to swallpw if he told you to?

Hmmm......

"Donald Trump reported making more than $1.6 billion in outside revenue and income during his four years as President of the United States, according to a review of his financial disclosures by CREW. While Trump publicly took credit for donating his taxpayer-funded salary, that ended up being less than 0.1% of the revenue and income he disclosed during his presidency. Far from being a sacrifice, the donation was merely a fig leaf to cover up four years of brazen corruption."

Speaking of DUMB-ASSES....MAN you really swallowed a BIG spoonfull!
Falling for that "donated salary" lie.

One has to wonder, with your obvious blind, hero worship of the Orange shit-stain, what other bodily excrrtions of his you'd be willing to swallpw if he told you to?

Hmmm......

"Donald Trump reported making more than $1.6 billion in outside revenue and income during his four years as President of the United States, according to a review of his financial disclosures by CREW. While Trump publicly took credit for donating his taxpayer-funded salary, that ended up being less than 0.1% of the revenue and income he disclosed during his presidency. Far from being a sacrifice, the donation was merely a fig leaf to cover up four years of brazen corruption."

FACTS...Why are you so dumb to make a comment that is so easily to PROVE you 100% wrong!
YOU wrote: "Falling for that "donated salary" lie."

The Constitution doesn't allow the president to reject his earnings, which originally forced George Washington to accept the first presidential salary, so Trump began donating his salary quarterly in April 2017.
The first $100,000 went to the National Park Service, and since then, he has donated to various federal departments.

Most recently, Trump donated the last two quarters of his 2019 salary and his first quarter of his 2020 salary to the Department of Health and Human Services. The department is working on two issues that Trump designated for the funds: the opioid crisis and COVID-19.
The Associated Press reported on Nov 26, 2019 that Trump's 2019 third-quarter salary went to the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health, an operating agencywithin HHS. The funds were earmarked for "the ongoing fight against the opioid crisis."

Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted on March 3, 2020, that Trump's 2019 fourth-quarter salary was being donated to the HHS to support the department's efforts to "confront, contain, and combat #Coronavirus." The tweet also featured a picture of Trump's check to the office from January.

The 2020 first-quarter salary donation was mentioned briefly by the press secretary at a press conference on May 22, 2020. McEnany said the first quarter would again be going to HHS, this time to "develop new therapies for treating and preventing COVID-19 so that we can safely reopen."

In a tweet, Judd Deere, the deputy press secretary, confirmed that Trump's first-quarter 2020 salary will be going to HHS for "the development of new therapeutics to treat #COVID19 infections."
Politifact ......"We rate this Promise Kept."

Oh, goody. I hope the big, beautiful, terrific (and all those other favorite Trump adjectives) wall gets built so I can laugh my ass off when it has absolutely no impact on our economy, the crime rate, or the price of milk.
So how much have prices increased since Biden let in 2,000,000 migrants who buy food, clothing, and other goods? The Law of Supply and Demand says when demand increases and supply doesn't prices go up.
The wall isn't just about the economy, its also about drug trafficking, human trafficking, and national security, not to mention the influx of cheap labor.

So how much have prices increased since Biden let in 2,000,000 migrants who buy food, clothing, and other goods? The Law of Supply and Demand says when demand increases and supply doesn't prices go up.
The wall isn't just about the economy, its also about drug trafficking, human trafficking, and national security, not to mention the influx of cheap labor.
I guess your propagandists have not informed you that inflation is up ALL OVER THE PLANET. In most places, inflation is higher than it is here.

Are Mexicans responsible for global inflation? Please explain.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back