Trump was right again...New York Attorney General files lawsuit to dissolve NRA

Then stop whining about how the obvious lies about the NRA are ignored.
I wasn't. You're the whiny little bitch, not me. It appears the accusations against the NRA are on solid ground and are probably true.

You DO know they originated within the NRA itself... right? From people like Ollie North, who is now a cooperating witness.

Oops, AM radio didn't tell ya that, did it? Nope.
What is the basis for claiming "the accusations against the NRA are on solid ground and are probably true?"

I sure don't see any.

This woman is a scumbag.
But not the assholes stealing from a nonprofit. Got it.
That's an allegation, and knowing the kind of scum who use these lawsuits to shut down political opposition, I seriously doubt they are true.

The other thing is that they aren't just going after the people who supposedly hurt the nonprofit, they are trying to dissolve the nonprofit itself?

If it's just about the assholes stealing from the NRA, why try to to dissolve the NRA?

I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?

This is a better source:

New York AG seeks to dissolve NRA in new lawsuit

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.
Fraud. It's also fraud.

I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?

This is a better source:

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.
Fraud. It's also fraud.

typically you prosecute fraud to protect the victim of the fraud. here they are going after the perpetrators to destroy the victim.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

typically you prosecute fraud to protect the victim of the fraud. here they are going after the perpetrators to destroy the victim.

If they are violating their tax exempt status the victims are the taxpayers.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

That is a stretch, and the action should still be by the people leading the organization, not the organization.

Why seek to dissolve the NRA instead of just prosecuting the perpetrators? Is there any other case where this has happened?

Or is this just a shockingly obvious attempt by a elected DA to destroy an organization they don't like?

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

if the officers of the NRA committed fraud, then the NRA as an organization is the victim here.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

if the officers of the NRA committed fraud, then the NRA as an organization is the victim here.
Huh?
The victims are the members and contributors who were misled and fleeced. The entire leadership of the organization were complicit in the fraud.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

Huh?
The victims are the members and contributors who were misled and fleeced. The entire leadership of the organization were complicit in the fraud.

But why try to dissolve the entire organization? Has there ever been a case where this has happened before?

Are the members and contributors actually asking for the DA to dissolve the organization?

Why call for the dissolution of the NRA itself? Plus, since the NRA is a national organization can a State DA even do so?

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Boo hoo Boo Hoo someones going after the thief trump and Barr can't save him Fraud with lying to banks on his tax returns His ass is grass and NY AG is the lawnmower

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

Huh?

But why try to dissolve the entire organization? Has there ever been a case where this has happened before?

Are the members and contributors actually asking for the DA to dissolve the organization?

Why call for the dissolution of the NRA itself? Plus, since the NRA is a national organization can a State DA even do so?
Of course it's happened before. See the Trump Foundation. The NRA is incorporated in NY.

All they had to do was be honest brokers to their organization. But you know....they're conservatives.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Boo hoo Boo Hoo someones going after the thief trump and Barr can't save him Fraud with lying to banks on his tax returns His ass is grass and NY AG is the lawnmower

Lol wut?

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

Huh?

Of course it's happened before. See the Trump Foundation. The NRA is incorporated in NY.

All they had to do was be honest brokers to their organization. But you know....they're conservatives.

The Trump Foundation had one primary source of membership and funding. Trump. It doesn't compare the NRA.

This is a blindly political prosecution, nothing more or less.

That you can't admit that makes you a giant hack-twat, who needs to go fuck themselves with a rusty AIDS infested tire iron.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

Huh?

It's a weird and peculiar reaction, sort of like disbanding police forces because of one bad apple (who may not even have been part of that force). Now I'm not against discussing defunding of police in Canada, in fact, I think some forces need it (along with accountability). I would NOT demand a disbanding of police forces, especially for a few bad apples.

I recall reading long ago that in China, they were training women, I don't recall if it was some military assistance function or just a dance group for the Emperor of one of the dynasties, however I do remember this; when some new group was being trained on a strict dance/formation routine, whatever it was, and someone made a mistake, others might laugh, and think they are going to redo it again. They found out, that whoever made a mistake, would be fine, but the person beside them would be arbitrarily shot on sight.

They'd drag the body away and restart the routine. The filthy, abusive overlords found that it worked very well in ensuring everything went fine and everyone was in perfect harmony. "Collective Punishment", or worse in this case, punishment of someone other than you that ensures you keep your focus.

Seems to me disbanding an entire organization because of criminal activity from a couple of people is within the spirit of this ancient Chinese method of obedience...

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

Huh?

The Trump Foundation had one primary source of membership and funding. Trump. It doesn't compare the NRA.

That you can't admit that makes you a giant hack-twat, who needs to go fuck themselves with a rusty AIDS infested tire iron.
LOL....sure.
It's not like the NY AG needs to have a sound case or anything. :dunno:

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Huh?

Huh?

LOL....sure.
It's not like the NY AG needs to have a sound case or anything. :dunno:

Evidently they can take a case and turn it into a witch-hunt and people like you will line up and cheer.

Authoritarian gun grabbing poseur wanna be revolutionary hack.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

That is a stretch, and the action should still be by the people leading the organization, not the organization.

Why seek to dissolve the NRA instead of just prosecuting the perpetrators? Is there any other case where this has happened?

Or is this just a shockingly obvious attempt by a elected DA to destroy an organization they don't like?

I have no idea what she has or what she plans on doing. If they violated their tax exempt status though they should be prosecuted.

Forum List

Back